Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Zelaron improvements - Help required

Posted 2002-10-29, 02:48 AM
How do you think Zelaron can become the best Diablo, Blizzard or even general gaming site? Some people have suggested that there should be downloadable hacks at the portal, others have said that the forum just needs larger Diablo, Starcraft and Warcraft sections. Another idea is to somehow get more famous "realm hackers" to join the community.

How can Zelaron become the best community for YOUR gaming needs? The staff has the resources and free time on their hands required to improve the community more than required, but again, we need your ideas and comments to make it happen.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-29, 03:29 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
hmmmmm lets see..

well honestly Crusher i think this is the best diablo gaming site as far as information BUT
more direct links to the hacks would be helpful for new users

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-29, 04:02 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Yea I registered like yesterday and this place is amazing jus a bit hard to find what you want (must go thro alot of links). All you need to do is what adrenachorme said "more direct links"

now how your gonna do that is another story
:End of Line:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TeRaGuArD is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeRaGuArD is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TeRaGuArD

Posted 2002-10-29, 04:09 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Well, if you're looking for files, I could add a download archive to the zelaron.com portal. No-one really seems to visit it right now due to its current non-existant usefulness.

Besides, how did you end up here, TeRa? Most people tend to hear about the site from a friend, but lately, I've heard that Google is actually a source for new members.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-29, 04:55 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
first we need more guides for making the right chars for the bots and guides how to config the ini files....so that the new users have it easier to find what they need...
then they don t need to create new treads and so they will stay here and don t go to the other forums...becouse they will find a lot of information...i hope i inspirat( right word??) you a little bit...

second we need more Advertisements....i think i found this site in google...but use other advertisements on some sites...
I'm 19 and here:
----> my Job
----> my Boss
----> my Salary
----> my Girlfriend
----> my Future
nice if the life is ruled
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Toten is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenToten is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Toten

Posted 2002-10-29, 05:53 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I wound up here from a friend saying this is were he dl jed bot or a link to hellmonkeys to jed bot...something like that he wanted me to use it, but I have a Hydra Fw sorx and I can't seem to cfg the script right. Could you put the Zelaron > RPG Games > Diablo II > links at the bottom too so I don't have to scroll all the way up to go back somewhere jus a thought to make it easier. Oh and I jus checked out the games plz fix the music loop on the Breakout game it drove me nuts. This site is kikass and prolly the best i've ever seen all you need is to tweak and you have the best site at it's best not just the best site.
:End of Line:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
TeRaGuArD is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTeRaGuArD is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

TeRaGuArD

Posted 2002-10-29, 06:30 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
uhh did u say "Free?"

huh? what? for me? lol Couldnt be?
well i think that the forums do need ini info and stuf and help , i found this on google, looking for pindle bot:-) and well,i would be more then happy? to like go out a couple times a day to different channels, and send a link so ppl go there...? if thats what u mean by advertizements..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2002-10-29, 06:43 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Chruser i liked it the way it was before that

it had a direct link to hellmonkeys site whenever i needed it i just went to Zelaron then hellmonkeys

oh Yahoo i came through yahoo search

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-29, 07:04 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I actually found out about this forum through google.

I think that you guys should do more polls: Like I read in one post, how much MF and what you've been getting. Try to figure out what is getting the best results. Maybe at a certain time, or day, or character (I know I'm stretching here, but I think it would be interesting).

I'd also like to see comparisons with other bots and maybe expand your downloadable section so that other bots can be checked out that we know are safe. There are a lot of bots, and I've tried a lot better ones than IPB 3.4 and JEDi, but I can't get sufficient help for troubleshooting them enough to get them to work properly...

Titusfied
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-10-29, 07:43 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I agree to most of the following posts.. I really think that there should be ALOT downloadable previews, helpfiles and bots/hacks.

About the MF and bot using, I think you should post which characters and their skills are the best for example, pindlebot, mephbot etc.

I found this site searching for Pindlebot at Google.

Feaster
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Feaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFeaster is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Feaster

Posted 2002-10-29, 09:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
all of those things you said would probly make this place popular
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2002-10-29, 09:24 AM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Just hopefully not so popular that blizzard would find out about it and shut it down....

Titusfied
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-10-29, 01:36 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
hmmm, maybe more stuff that gets the users involved, like a working chat(lol), more polls, more mod and admin interaction(it's good now, but more would be better) More direct software links, links to the sig hosting sites and other hosting sites, better tutorials on the bots/graphics/hack progs. Maybe full featured contests with prizes(nothing major really)

Also, maybe you could put a thread or something in the D2Hackit and bots forum that people could upload their PickitLog.html for everyone to see...

One more thing, make it easy to access user stats thru UserCP or something, and go thru and make sure all the links work(cuz ive found a few that dont, mainly in the forum jump)

Even though I've listed all that, this is still my favorite site, and it's come to the point that this where I get ALL my info from. Keep it guys....

Ill list anything else if I think of it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-10-29, 01:43 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
//roll
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-10-29, 03:19 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I've found this site a long time ago in a yahoo search.

But anyhoo, what I think would make it better:

1.) More specifc threads under bots/hacks part. i.e.: Bots-hacks then have like JED help, and IPB help, and mephbot help.

2.) More programmers interacting, i'm an avid programmer, not too many ppl on the programming forum though.

3.) OOoo just thought about this one, have like IRC chat or something here... for all them n00bs posting for help with the bots. It would be so much easier to talk instantly with 'em.

4.) Dunno about this; Xbox game cracking.

BTW: Blizzard prolly knows about this site already... they did make the greatest game in the world, they're not stupid. But I really don't think any bots are illegal, since technically they arent alterating anything in the game, just sending harmless packets back and forth.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrivehappy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drivehappy

Posted 2002-10-29, 04:14 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsntGrav
//roll
lol gravs on a //roll

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-29, 04:33 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Quote:
Originally posted by drivehappy
3.) OOoo just thought about this one, have like IRC chat or something here... for all them n00bs posting for help with the bots. It would be so much easier to talk instantly with 'em.
Already is one bud. And blizzard is stupid. And bots are "illegal" since blizzard doesn't allow ANY 3rd party programs.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot to say that assassinating Frogger would help a lot. A lot less n00bs wanting to know how to run his n00b bot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-10-29, 05:07 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
I don't really have anything to contribute, as I believe this is already quite possibly the best Diablo 2 hacking (and just in general) community around. You guys happily provide newbies to bots the programs themselves, as well as all the information they need. Also, I have yet to see someone around here who is a flat out dick.

Oh, and I heard about this place from Sum Yung Guy on an America's Army forum.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPyro is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pyro

Posted 2002-10-29, 07:28 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Personaly I perfer quality over quantity. I can understand why the admins as well as yourself would desire a more populous community Crusher. But along with more users, youll need more admins, possibly more bandwidth and admins that are trustable.

On the other note:
More specific forums would be nice, and i wouldnt think that it would be as hard as other suggestions.
People Suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pendlum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPendlum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pendlum

Posted 2002-10-29, 08:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Zelaron improvements - Help required"
Also, I dont know quite how v Bulletin works, but maybe you could add frames that way there's a quick and easy forum jump on the side or top of the screen?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook