Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

The Pirate Bay has staff mutiny during relaunch
Posted 2015-01-30, 09:53 AM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spin-off-pi...mutiny-1485781

TL;DR Pirate Bay got raided in December. Hardware confiscated, arrests made. TPB goes down indefinitely. Staff regroup, put countdown timer on new domain leading to Feb 1st. Staff gets "slimmed down" and those who were let go are pissed off, and plan to launch their own rival torrent site.

During the shutdown staff, and namely Mr. 10100100000 opted in the meantime people run their own versions of TPB, which resulted in 372 different versions of the Pirate Bay becoming active and hosted.

Should be interesting for the next few days to see how this plays out and how the revival of The Pirate Bay comes about.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-01-31, 10:02 AM in reply to D3V's post "The Pirate Bay has staff mutiny during..."
Private trackers are where it's at anyway
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-02-02, 12:14 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Private trackers are where it's at..."
Icannothash

edit: I agree, but for users like you and similarly myself, we need moar seeds. Moar seeds come from more trees. More trees come from easy retard-proof access site like TPB, kickass.so, etc.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-02-12, 09:34 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Icannothash edit: I agree, but for..."
It's shit like this that makes me want to dive into the IRC and find all the shit on there. I'm sure there's 1000 places to torrent hidden in that internet's internet.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-12, 10:02 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "It's shit like this that makes me want..."
I'm avoiding TPB and any other "popular" torrent site for a while. Seems like everything has been seized and is a honeypot now.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2015-02-12, 11:36 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm avoiding TPB and any other..."
What makes you think this, out of curiosity?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-02-13, 10:14 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "What makes you think this, out of..."
they front with CloudFlare.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2015-02-13, 04:33 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "they front with CloudFlare."
D3V said: [Goto]
they front with CloudFlare.
Okay? So what? I front with CloudFlare. CloudFlare has many, many, wonderful features. The best one being anti-DDoS systems, watching over spam and its activities, and caching of files on the server to help lower server load. Don't assume because a place uses CloudFlare that it's a honeypot. Albeit, I haven't really been paying attention to any of this crap, so I don't know what's going on and don't really care.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2015-02-16, 09:35 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Okay? So what? I front with CloudFlare...."
They hoard IPs and frequently give information without resistance to the FBI.

I'm sure most of it is legitimate, but I ain't bout that life.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2015-02-18, 07:51 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "They hoard IPs and frequently give..."
Best method to not get caught;
cheap laptop/macbook/what have you + public wifi + daily trip to a different place + 1 download a day

Get a movie, never get caught.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-19, 08:32 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Best method to not get caught; cheap..."
Time is money, young man. The amount of wasted resources doing all of that shit is worth more than just buying said movie.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2015-02-25, 04:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Time is money, young man. The amount of..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Time is money, young man. The amount of wasted resources doing all of that shit is worth more than just buying said movie.
Not if you're doing it
1. On a day off
2. At a place you visit often (not often enough to be suspicious)
or, my favorite
3. At work

I just use my old laptop that's crapped out, and transfer files when needed.
I'm also making a lot of money off of the movies that are now "impossible" to get online. Want Joe Dirt? $2 for the CD, $2 for the movie.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-26, 10:42 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Not if you're doing it 1. On a day off..."
You should just upload them all onto Youtube with said method.
Put ads on video
make partner account
run adsense
???
PROFIT

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2015-03-01, 04:43 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Best method to not get caught; cheap..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
Best method to not get caught;
cheap laptop/macbook/what have you + public wifi + daily trip to a different place + 1 download a day

Get a movie, never get caught.
...Your MAC address is likely recorded in all of those places via the router. They could trace back the infringement straight to your computer's network adapter.

A better way would be to get a proper VPN service. TorrentFreak just released their updated list recently. That will help to mask your router's MAC and thus actually providing some anonymity. Mind you this assumes you're using Windows, which has some lovely backdoors that the NSA is using. Not that anyone, including myself, actually cares. So take anonymity with a grain of salt. Also don't forget about super and zombie cookies.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2015-03-03, 06:44 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "...Your MAC address is likely recorded..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
zombie cookies.
What is this a 2005 chat room? On that note, I use ubuntu, and do a USB switch soon as I get to a safezone. But I'll definitely look into ways to take care of these "Super Cookies" you speak of, xGoodxLookingxGuy.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2015-06-16, 08:07 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "What is this a 2005 chat room? On that..."
Verizon is best known for their super cookie that they used to track everyone's activity over their wireless network.

As for other locations, be aware that flash cookies have become quite popular in the last handful of years since cleaners didn't typically remove them (they might now). I'd call those zombie cookies...although it's by no means the actual definition of said cookie type. I keep flash off 99% of the time ever since YouTube went HTML5.

All of this cookie talk is making me want some actual cookies. Maybe even those pirated cookies... http://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-sei...t-fans-150614/

(That's right, the only reason I replied, after all of this time, was to reference the "pirated" cookies...how sad...nah. I actually forgot about this thread. Spotted a reference in my logs to my images being downloaded with this place as the referral address. Anyways, I'm off to disappear for another 3-6 months before randomly posting on another thread once. I'm part of 2 other bustling forums now, so I don't pay much attention to here...)

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2015-06-16, 08:23 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Verizon is best known for their super..."
I'm gonna eat some cookies now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-06-24, 09:42 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Verizon is best known for their super..."
Forums are old news.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow