Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

It's time for change.
Posted 2005-01-06, 12:25 AM
Alrighty, this section is undergoing a complete overhaul.

The original purpose of this forum was to host a series of character battle tournaments that utilized argument structure and debate as tools for a character's victory. I created this section in an attempt to stimulate conversation and debate amongst our memberbase. The response I recieved was not that.

The activity in this forum just never really took off. The only members besides myself who would participate regularly are no longer a part of the active memberbase, and I have lost the desire to even throw my hand into the ring simply because of the stifling nature of the tournament scheme and the lack of participation from 99.9% of the members.

So, from this point on, this forum is being opened up to free-for-all battles and match-ups. Anybody who enters this section is now granted the right to create any battle they see fit and argue over it to their heart's content. Hopefully removing the limitations of the tournament structure will motivate people to participate more frequently.

Have fun, guys!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-06, 03:08 AM in reply to Raziel's post "It's time for change."
I think this new structure sounds better anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-01-06, 04:06 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think this new structure sounds..."
I have an idea for a tournament if anyone is interested. It consists of a complete showdown of some of Nintendo's villains. Here is the list and battles take place in alphabetical order.

1) Agahnim (The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past) vs. Agnol (Pokemon Colosseum)

2) Andrew Oikonny (Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assualt) vs. Andross (Star Fox series)

3) Archie (Pokemon Sapphire) vs. Beldo (Fire Emblem 5)

4) Big Boss Clown (Wario Land 3) vs. Billy (F-Zero series)

5) Bio-Rex (F-Zero series) vs. Black Jewel (Wario World)

6) Black Shadow (F-Zero series) vs. Blood Falcon (F-Zero series)

7) Boshi (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs. Bowser (Super Mario series)

8) Cackletta (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) vs. Daigoroh (F-Zero GX)

9) Dark Matter (Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland 3) vs. Dark Meta Knight (Kirby & the Magical Mirror)

10) Dark Mind (Kirby & the Magical Mirror) vs. Dark Samus (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)

11) Deathborn (F-Zero GX) vs. King Dedede (Kirby series)

12) Dethl (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening) vs. Dohma (Fire Emblem 2)

13) Don Genie (F-Zero GX) vs. Doom Dragon (Golden Sun: Lost Age)

14) Drakor (Star Fox Adventures) vs. Evice (Pokomon Colosseum)

15) Fawful (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga) vs. Fein (Pokomon Colosseum)

16) Ganondof (Legend of Zelda series) vs. Giegue (Earthbound Zero)

17) Giovanni (Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, and Leaf Green) vs. Giygas (Earthbound)

18) Golden Diva (Wario Land 4) vs. Gonzap (Pokemon Colosseum)

19) Grodus (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) vs. Idoun (Fire Emblem 6)

20) Ing Emperor (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) vs. Kamek (Super Mario series)

21) Kammy (Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) vs. King Boo (Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine)

22) Kraid (Metroid, Super Metroid, and Metroid: Zero Mission) vs. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country series)

23) Leon the Demon King (Fire Emblem 8) vs. Leon Polwaski (Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assualt)

24) Lisa Brilliant (F-Zero GP Legend) vs. Majora's Mask (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)

25) Mamkute the Flamedragon (Fire Emblem 7) vs. Maxie (Pokomon Ruby)

26) Medeus (Fire Emblem 1 & 3) vs. Medusa (Kid Icarus)

27) Menardi (Golden Sun) vs. Metroid Prime (Metroid Prime)

28) Michael Chain (F-Zero series) vs. Mother Brain (Metroid, Super Metroid, and Metroid: Zero Mission)

29) Nascour (Pokomon Colosseum) vs. Nightmare (Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland)

30) Octoman (F-Zero series) vs. Omega Metroid (Metroid 2: The Return of Samus and Metroid Fusion)

31) General Onox (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons) vs. Orcos (Kid Icarus: Myths and Monsters)

32) Pico (F-Zero series) vs. Pigma Dengar (Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assualt)

33) Queen Metroid (Metroid 2: Return of Samus) vs. Rahu (Custom Robo)

34) Ridley (Metroid series) vs. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)

35) SA-X (Metroid Fusion) vs. Saturos (Golden Sun)

36) General Scales (Star Fox Adventures) vs. Shadow Link (Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures)

37) Shadow Queen (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) vs. The Skull (F-Zero series)

38) Smithy (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) vs. Captain Syrup (Wario Land 1 & 2)

39) Tatanga (Super Mario Land) vs. Twinrova (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages)

40) Waluigi (Mario series) vs. Wario (Mario or Wario series)

41) Wart (Super Mario Bros. 2) vs. Wolf O' Donnel (Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assualt)

42) Vaati (Legend of Zelda: Four Sword, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap) vs. Veran (Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages)

43) Yurius (Fire Emblem 4) vs. Zoda (F-Zero series)

So tell me what you think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The Main Man

Posted 2005-01-06, 04:53 AM in reply to The Main Man's post starting "I have an idea for a tournament if..."
Feel free to do whatever you want, Main Man, but don't expect anyone on this forum besides me to have any idea of who half of those characters are. I'm willing to bet that two other people here know who Fawful is and what he's capable of.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-06, 04:55 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Feel free to do whatever you want, Main..."
........I have no idea who those are
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-01-06, 04:56 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "........I have no idea who those are :("
You should seriously consider becoming familiar with the genius that is Fawful, Grav.

"I have fury!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-06, 05:31 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Feel free to do whatever you want, Main..."
Raziel said:
Feel free to do whatever you want, Main Man, but don't expect anyone on this forum besides me to have any idea of who half of those characters are. I'm willing to bet that two other people here know who Fawful is and what he's capable of.
Hmmmmm, well if no one here would recognize most of them then I doubt it would be a successful tournament. What franchise are people on this forum mostly associated with? I have noticed a battle between Magus from Chrono Trigger and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 on a thread so maybe Square-Enix would have been a more reliable source to do a tournament on. So give me some suggestions. What are people into on this forum, and I will set up a different tournament.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
The Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenThe Main Man is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

The Main Man

Posted 2005-01-06, 05:41 AM in reply to The Main Man's post starting "Hmmmmm, well if no one here would..."
Okay, Main Man, you seem to be missing the point here. I just dissolved the tournament-based structure of this section for a reason: people don't participate. By opening up the format as a free-for-all, it gives the members the freedom to create any matches they want whenever they want.

Maybe you should stop trying to set up this tournament and just focus on creating a few good battles here and there. That would be a proactive way of taking advantage of this section's new format, instead of trying to repeat exactly what this forum failed at already.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-06, 06:07 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Okay, Main Man, you seem to be missing..."
Split and merged. Discussion of the format change belongs here, not in the questions thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-06, 07:16 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Split and merged. Discussion of the..."
So are we limited to games or can it be anything vs anything?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-01-06, 07:47 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Split and merged. Discussion of the..."
I could probably do Anime ones. Heh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2005-01-06, 04:18 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So are we limited to games or can it be..."
Anything vs. anything would be fun. Lets experiment and see what happens.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-01-06, 04:21 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Anything vs. anything would be fun. ..."
Oh, and make sure an Admin enables people to post new threads in this section. I just tried 2 seconds ago and didn't have permission. Good to see the Admins so active.. Oh yeah..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2005-01-06, 05:02 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Oh, and make sure an Admin enables..."
Does anybody read Dragonlance besides me? The main battles I'd be interested in would have characters from that series in it. I've just started reading Forgotten Realms as well if that is a more applicable setting.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-01-06, 10:43 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Does anybody read Dragonlance besides..."
King, you can match up any type of characters that you would like. Comic book, videogame, literary, movie. Anything you want.

Titus, I have put in a request for the post restriction to be removed. The forum should be completely open by tomorrow morning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-06, 11:35 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "King, you can match up any type of..."
Okay, it's already taken care of, guys! Go ahead and post away!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-07, 04:32 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Okay, it's already taken care of, guys!..."
But it has to be a fictional character of some sort? Like I can't do Bruce Lee vs Jackie Chan?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-01-07, 04:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But it has to be a fictional character..."
If you really want to, I suppose that would be fine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2005-01-08, 05:23 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "If you really want to, I suppose that..."
Intelligent he may be, but fluent in English Fawful is not.

"Have you readiness for this?"

Take away his little hat and I could probably kick his ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2005-01-08, 06:47 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "But it has to be a fictional character..."
!King_Amazon! said:
But it has to be a fictional character of some sort? Like I can't do Bruce Lee vs Jackie Chan?
Dude, Bruce Lee would kick Jackie Chan's ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes