Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Gay marriage
Posted 2008-07-25, 08:28 AM
I forgot to post about this I think a week ago when I saw it on the news but... California legalized gay marriage
That just pisses me off, it seems like another step until all of the US's states will follow the same path as California
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-25, 08:41 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Gay marriage"
Why are you opposed to gay marriage?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-25, 08:46 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Gay marriage"
Wallow said: [Goto]
I forgot to post about this I think a week ago when I saw it on the news but... California legalized gay marriage
That just pisses me off, it seems like another step until all of the US's states will follow the same path as California
Dick.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-25, 08:46 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Dick."
Yes, I am in fact opposed to gay marriage, what are you for it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-25, 10:14 AM in reply to Wallow's post "Gay marriage"
Thanks Wallow. As one of the few gay members on this forum, I would like to say it's always a wondrous sight to see people like you who say shit like this. Why are you against it? What would gay marriage even do to you? It hasn't changed the family structure in the places that it's been allowed. It hasn't turned a mass of children gay, it hasn't demoralized those areas, the slippery slope argument of "then we should allow bestiality/pedophilia" has been shot down and not even been acknowledged in those countries/states/etc.

It's not as if someone is going to put a gun to your head, tell you to make out with some random dude and marry him and never be able to be with a woman. What is so incomprehensible to me in this world filled with hate, avarice, genocide, and complete inanity is that people still hold onto these core beliefs that gay people shouldn't be granted the same rights as everyone else in the world. What's your excuse for not wanting it? Really, tell me. Oh, and don't give me the bullshitted "gays can marry people, just of the opposite gender," that excuse is contrite and weak. And the slippery slope retort I mentioned earlier is out. I don't hear much about people in South Africa banging little kids or the monkies around as I don't hear much about Californians and people in Massachusetts doing the same.

So explain yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-25, 11:08 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Yes, I am in fact opposed to gay..."
I'm not for it, nor am I against it. I think people should have the right to do as they please marriage-wise. Why should we deny two people in love the right to marriage? Because the bible says homosexuality is a sin?

Well, I guess you'd have to believe in the bible then. Oops.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-07-25, 02:46 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I'm not for it, nor am I against it. I..."
I'm still waiting for Wallow to half-assedly defend his position.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-25, 05:47 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Yes, I am in fact opposed to gay..."
I'm against it myself. I can't believe all of those god damn homos want to get gay with each other in the privacy of their own homes. What if my children hear that people are getting gay? What will happen to the family structure?!?!

GUYS IM GETTING SCARED

I don't particularly care if homosexuals are allowed to marry or not. I don't think marriage is really the issue to me. The issue is that homosexuals cannot get the same rights that heterosexuals can, from marriage. I've heard horror stories of homosexuals having one partner end up nearly dying, be in the hospital unconsious, and the hospital not let their partner in because they're not "family."

There are a lot of legal benefits of marriage that homosexuals are denied, and it causes a lot of problems for them. Sure, you can argue that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because it's a holy union between two people of the opposite sex and homosexuality is a sin and blah blah whatever the fuck else that homo at your church tells you, but there's no way you can make a valid argument that homosexuals should be DENIED the same rights that heterosexuals get from marriage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-25, 06:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm against it myself. I can't believe..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I'm against it myself. I can't believe all of those god damn homos want to get gay with each other in the privacy of their own homes. What if my children hear that people are getting gay? What will happen to the family structure?!?!

GUYS IM GETTING SCARED

I don't particularly care if homosexuals are allowed to marry or not. I don't think marriage is really the issue to me. The issue is that homosexuals cannot get the same rights that heterosexuals can, from marriage. I've heard horror stories of homosexuals having one partner end up nearly dying, be in the hospital unconsious, and the hospital not let their partner in because they're not "family."

There are a lot of legal benefits of marriage that homosexuals are denied, and it causes a lot of problems for them. Sure, you can argue that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry because it's a holy union between two people of the opposite sex and homosexuality is a sin and blah blah whatever the fuck else that homo at your church tells you, but there's no way you can make a valid argument that homosexuals should be DENIED the same rights that heterosexuals get from marriage.
Actually they found out that marriage crap was added in by a group of nobles who bribed the church to turn bonding into some holy piece of shit. Why would someone do that? Turns out some of the bastards had it turned into a church affair because they were afraid of potential brides marrying women and not carrying on their royal line as even back then they knew two women could not make a baby.

@ Wallow. Cling to your faith like a little baby suckling his mothers teat. Your political tactics are forfeit to me!
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-25, 08:08 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I'm still waiting for Wallow to..."
Still waiting for that rebuttal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-25, 09:24 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Still waiting for that rebuttal."
Homosexuals should have the right to be as miserable as any other married couple out there.

For me, there shall be no marriage of any sort.

Unless, of course, I find that one beautiful, intelligent woman who is not opposed to a Ninja/Pirate/Zombie wedding theme.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-07-26, 12:30 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "Homosexuals should have the right to be..."
This is hilarious, I'm sorry, but everyone is getting worked up over nothing. I started this thread really because this forum hasn't had some decent discussion in a while. This was an experiment really, to see what people would say when I stated that gay marriage is bad. I thought that there would be two sides, opposed to gay marriage and for it. But so far everyone has either been neutral or for it. Now for my opinion explained, I'm not against gays or anything like that, I just don't think that they should be married. I think that civil unions should be kept intact, and marriage should be kept between a female and a male (not crossdressers). No, I'm not some sort of religious freak as all of you have depicted me, I just think gay marriage is wrong (my opinion again).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-26, 12:46 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "This is hilarious, I'm sorry, but..."
Why ?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-07-26, 01:43 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "This is hilarious, I'm sorry, but..."
This was an experiment really, to see what people would say when I stated that gay marriage is bad.
I just think gay marriage is wrong
Expermiment? At the end you you say you actully think it's wrong, why do you think it's wrong?

KagomJack said: [Goto]
Why are you against it? What would gay marriage even do to you?
KagomJack said: [Goto]
It's not as if someone is going to put a gun to your head, tell you to make out with some random dude and marry him and never be able to be with a woman.
Seriously why?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-26, 08:51 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Expermiment? At the end you you say you..."
Dude, you can't change my opinion. I just don't like gay marriage, that's all. As I've said before, I'm not against gays in any way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-26, 09:34 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Dude, you can't change my opinion. I..."
The question is not, "What can we do to change your opinion?" it's, "WHY?". Huge difference dude. Don't know how you can believe something without a reason. That is essentially what you are saying. You have no reason to not want it but you still don't. People want to know why. Answer the question or they will just think you are a religious zealot since only a religious freak would have belief without reason.

Belief without reason is clearly a sign of either brainwashing or brainwashing. Pick one religious nutjob.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:20 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The question is not, "What can we do to..."
No shit where do you get "Dude, you can't change my opinion." from "why"?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:39 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Dude, you can't change my opinion. I..."
Can you just answer a simple question? WHY is it wrong? WHY are you really against it? What is your basis in thinking it's wrong?

No one's trying to change your opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:42 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Can you just answer a simple question? ..."
Ok, my parents raised me that way, happy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:44 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Ok, my parents raised me that way,..."
So they just told you to get angered when the thought of gay marriage enters your mind?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67