Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Pro Wrestler goes APE SHIT..
Posted 2007-06-26, 03:00 PM
Just a thought, .. Wow didn't expect to see anything new on the news website, but this is another shocker. Read up.

Courtesy of www.Firstcoastnews.com

Pro Wrestler Strangled Wife & Smothered Son Before Hanging Himself

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

"We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. He said test results may not be back for weeks.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects. The official who described the manner of death spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was to be released at a news conference later Tuesday.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Nancy Benoit filed for a divorce in May 2003, saying their three-year union was irrevocably broken and alleging "cruel treatment." But she later dropped the complaint, as well as a request for a restraining order in which she charged that Benoit had threatened her and had broken furniture in their home.

In the divorce filing, she said Benoit made more than $500,000 a year as a professional wrestler and asked for permanent custody of Daniel and child support. In his response, Benoit sought joint custody.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Neighbors said the Benoits led a low-key lifestyle.

"We would see Chris walking in his yard from time to time. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't really outwardly warm," said Alaina Jones, who lives across the street.

Jimmy Baswell, who was Benoit's driver for more than five years, placed a white wreath at the Benoits' gate. "They always seemed like they were the happiest people," he said.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., said authorities asked that it not release further information on the deaths.

Benoit, born in Montreal, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles. His names in the ring included "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

"He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard," said fellow Canadian Bret Hart, a five-time champion with the World Wrestling Federation. The federation has since changed its name to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling. The Fayette County Tax Assessors Office lists the value of the house, situated on more than 8.5 acres, at nearly $900,000.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name "Woman." They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of a story line on World Championship Wrestling, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-26, 03:17 PM in reply to D3V's post "Pro Wrestler goes APE SHIT.."
I remember watchin this dude.. he always kinda looked like a psycho to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-06-26, 03:25 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I remember watchin this dude.. he..."
Yep, the "Canadian Crippler" lived up to his name...

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-06-26, 03:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yep, the "Canadian Crippler" lived up..."
It isn't really verified what exactly happened yet. Some sources say that his wife killed their son, he came home and found out and went berserk on her and then killed himself.

Either way, that is really fucked up. I remember watching and admiring this guy back when I was younger.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-06-26, 03:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It isn't really verified what exactly..."
Yeah actually I did as well, just because his name sounded cool, and he usually seemed to kick ass.. but who knows what happened, i'm sure the story will unfold eventually, sad to see him go though.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-26, 09:40 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah actually I did as well, just..."
Fuckit.

What a waste of a great body.(nohomo)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-06-26, 10:53 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I remember watchin this dude.. he..."
He was a nutcase.

Not as much so as Mankind though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-06-27, 03:15 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "He was a nutcase. Not as much so as..."
Shit! You read about what Mick Foley/Mankind/Cactus Jack did in the IWA? Shit's tough as hell and insane.

Also, the official story is he killed his wife and then his sone and then hung himself. (Chris Benoit)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-06-27, 07:19 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Shit! You read about what Mick..."
Apparently, they had his 7 year old son on growth hormones because he thought he was undersized....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-06-27, 10:43 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Apparently, they had his 7 year old son..."
I remember watching him and thinking that he was a small son of a bitch. But being crazy always lead him to have a upper hand in any match. Guess he brought the ring back home. Sad really.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-06-27, 11:28 AM in reply to D3V's post "Pro Wrestler goes APE SHIT.."
Aren't a bunch of people in the WWE faking their own deaths?

Vince Mcmahon(sp?) faked his own death a few weeks back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDar_Win enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Dar_Win

Posted 2007-06-27, 12:32 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Aren't a bunch of people in the WWE..."
He did? I thought he really died, and was surprised I didn't hear anything about in the news. Interesting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-06-27, 12:48 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "He did? I thought he really died, and..."
Yeah he faked it lmao.

Fag.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2007-06-27, 03:16 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Yeah he faked it lmao. Fag."
Well, with all the hype that was being made, it seemed like he did actually pass on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-06-27, 03:28 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Aren't a bunch of people in the WWE..."
Owen Hart didn't fake it. :/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-06-27, 03:39 PM in reply to Dar_Win's post starting "Aren't a bunch of people in the WWE..."
Wasn't he the one who's limo "blew up"?

I heard about this on the radio. It's rather sad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2007-06-27, 03:43 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "Fuckit. What a waste of a great..."
slaynish said:
Fuckit.

What a waste of a great body.(nohomo)
Dude, you keep throwing out the gay signs for yourself, nobody else even has to point them out... :P lol

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-27, 03:44 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Wasn't he the one who's limo "blew up"?..."
Jessifer said:
Wasn't he the one who's limo "blew up"?

I heard about this on the radio. It's rather sad.

No, that was Vince McMahon, the Prez of WWE... and he reported on this story monday, it was all fake, ... Atleast from what I read on CNN earlier.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-06-27, 04:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "No, that was Vince McMahon, the Prez of..."
Why on earth would someone want to fake their own death by blowing up their limo?!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-06-27, 04:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Why on earth would someone want to fake..."
Because WWE is a pathetic shell of its former self and is desperate to get audience.

On that note, I'm downloading Wrestlemania IX
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack