Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > DayZ

Riveting tale
Posted 2012-08-25, 03:18 AM
So the other day I'm playing with my girlfriend and we decide to move to a small city and loot some stuff. On this particular server I have an M24 so I decide to give her overwatch while she does the looting. This is a place in Lingor where there are a few hangars and a control tower beside a town. I'm on a mountain about 600m out with a good 120 degree field of view. After not much time I notice someone else making their way towards her so I use side chat to ask for his disposition, which he assures me is friendly. After him moving around a bit in our battlespace, and a curious huey making a few passes as they notice our sidechat mentioning a control tower, he eventually wanders off never to be seen again.

Not long after another comes along that won't respond to my inquiries in sidechat so I just continue to observe while my girlfriend hides nearby. I watch the guy for maybe five minutes and suddenly there is firing, which isn't him since he's running and isn't my girlfriend. I continue watching and realize very quickly that he's getting shot at. He turns around and begins to return fire and I see him trying his best to move tactically, while I search for the aggressor. I spot a guy running along a wall near some camo netting in a ghillie suit, firing towards our John Doe. The guy is clearly a bandit, having fired first without being provoked. -BAAM- He goes down, but is still alive. -BAAM- -BAAM- -BAAM- -BAAM-. Well not the cleanest first snipe for 600m but I think he was probably dead after the second or first shot anyways, just latency and all (It's a Germany based server). Plus, you can never trust them to stay down, with zombies and the like. Unfortunately the other guy also dies about this time, presumably having been shot before I killed the bandit and maybe bled out.

However - Bandit Kills: 1. Win, I'm happy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2012-08-25, 03:19 PM in reply to S2 AM's post "Riveting tale"
If you walk me through installing Lingor Island, I'd love to play with you guys :P
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-08-26, 04:45 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "If you walk me through installing..."
Why don't you be less of a fag and google it. There are clear instructions on the internet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-08-26, 11:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why don't you be less of a fag and..."
Because I remembered in a different thread someone said it was a bitch to install. I have no idea what they were talking about. I dragged two folders.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin