Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Best Film Soundtrack/Theme
Posted 2009-07-21, 01:40 PM
I don't know if we've had one of these, and I can't be bothered looking. If we have then it's too old to have registered on my radar, so it can go Mexican itself.

---

Anywho...

In your opinion, which films have the best soundtrack?

Watchmen has one of the best songs-from-the-period-soundtrack, I think, and (the original) Pirates of the Caribbean has a pretty epic composed soundtrack. I'm listening to it now, and I have to say I'd forgotten how good it actually was!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-21, 01:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Best Film Soundtrack/Theme"
Across the Universe, but that's probably cheating since it's a musical.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-21, 02:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post "Best Film Soundtrack/Theme"
Watchmen? Really? I thought allllllll the music they used was corny and inappropriate. That scene with 99 luftballoons made me actually burst out laughing in the theater.

I'd say Requiem for a Dream.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-21, 02:28 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Watchmen? Really? I thought allllllll..."
Grav said: [Goto]
I'd say Requiem for a Dream.
That's what I was going to say originally but the only song I remember from the whole movie is the same song they use through the whole thing. While it's an awesome song, I'm not sure if I'd be able to say it's the best soundtrack, since that's the only song in it.

That one song from Saw was pretty awesome too, but I wouldn't say Saw's soundtrack was awesome. The song I'm talking about:

BORKED

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2009-07-21 at 02:32 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-21, 02:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That's what I was going to say..."
There are 33 songs on the soundtrack...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-07-21, 03:24 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "There are 33 songs on the soundtrack..."
8 mile soundtrack.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-21, 03:36 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "There are 33 songs on the soundtrack..."
Grav said: [Goto]
There are 33 songs on the soundtrack...
Cool, I only remember one of them from the movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-08-16, 02:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Cool, I only remember one of them from..."
I've changed the thread title to include themes from films, and I'd like to share this, from a film I watched again (for the first time in over a decade) this afternoon:

BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-26, 12:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've changed the thread title to..."
Dangerous Minds - best soundtrack ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
feros is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenferos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

feros

Posted 2009-09-25, 04:57 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Best Film Soundtrack/Theme"
I like most of the songs on Watchmen's soundtrack, but they just didn't work for the film at all. It really should have been scored instead. The sex scene with Cohen's song playing was both hysterical and creepy.

I'll go with The History Boys soundtrack.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMutant Couch shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mutant Couch

Posted 2009-09-25, 08:32 AM in reply to Mutant Couch's post starting "I like most of the songs on Watchmen's..."
No, but for real the Chrono Trigger music has always been some of my favorite for a very long time now. As a collective whole the music really does define gaming music for its own era, and even for future generations of games. I still cannot find anything that matches up with this masterpiece of a game, and it's soundtrack. The music is perfect.

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

BORKED

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-09-26, 10:39 AM in reply to Lenny's post "Best Film Soundtrack/Theme"
Lenny said: [Goto]
[. . .] so it can go Mexican itself.
What do you attempt to connote by your verb invention?
Morvern Callar has the best soundtrack ever.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-09-26, 11:04 AM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "What do you attempt to connote by your..."
I don't know where I got it from (probably here a few years ago), but the word "Mexican" was (and is) used as an amusing substitute for a curse.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-09-26, 11:37 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't know where I got it from..."
I don't know where I got it from (probably here a few years ago), but the word "Mexican" was (and is) used as an amusing substitute for a curse.
So, by the way you explained the use of the word Mexican
as a substitute  for a curse,  your OP  could have read:

Quote:
"If we have  then it's too old to  have registered on my radar, so it
can go British itself."
Just so long as the word  British  counts as  an  amusing
substitute  for a curse. :P Morvern Callar, go see it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeMdselctr shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Mdselctr

Posted 2009-09-26, 12:09 PM in reply to Mdselctr's post starting "So, by the way you explained the use of..."
Indeed. "Go French itself" fits better, but whatever floats your boat.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-10-07, 05:45 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Indeed. "Go French itself" fits better,..."
Indeed. "Go French itself" fits better, but whatever floats your boat.
Deliver Us off of The Prince of Egypt soundtrack is an amazing track. Hans Zimmer, you bitch. Also, he's scoring Modern Warfare 2 and, from the trailer I just saw, IS GONNA BE AWESOME.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G