Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

It's fucking cold in Texas
Posted 2021-02-14, 12:01 PM
We have 2 inches of snow and counting. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-14, 11:10 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "It's fucking cold in Texas"
Silverjinx18 said: [Goto]
We have 2 inches of snow and counting. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
Yep, my parents are in Houston and are telling me they are expecting snow, and that it will possibly drop to single digits tomorrow. Crazy. I lived in Houston for 20+ years and never experienced that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2021-02-15, 11:12 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Yep, my parents are in Houston and are..."
Yeah we ended up with 6 or 7 inches of snow and no power until Tuesday....if we are lucky.
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-16, 04:27 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "Yeah we ended up with 6 or 7 inches of..."
Yeah we ended up with 6 or 7 inches of snow and no power until Tuesday....if we are lucky.
I'm getting pretty pissed about the current situation. My parents, and grandmother, have been without power for 30+ hours in the coldest winter Houston has seen in 30+ years. They recently also stopped getting water. It's a fucking shame, and this negligence demands repercussions, People have died at this point. Nevertheless, they can apparently afford to get power to downtown...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2021-02-16, 04:44 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I'm getting pretty pissed about the..."
Right, a lot of people here are wondering why the Starz needed to have a game when we are in a fucking state of emergency...keeping down town lit is ridiculous. Abbott needs to be voted out! This is what happens when you take Trump's advice...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-17, 11:36 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "Right, a lot of people here are..."
Welcome to the country slowly realizing the monster it is. The rest of the world has hated us for a while for a reason.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2021-02-18, 05:15 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Welcome to the country slowly realizing..."
Well I made it out alive...it was hard though. We ended up with a busted pipe though and have to have someone to come out and fix that, which I am scared to death of...we are also having to boil water which is scary stuff too...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-19, 05:31 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "It's fucking cold in Texas"
It’s really cold when you get less than 5 minutes of power in 19 hours. I had to stay with someone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2021-02-19, 05:44 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "It’s really cold when you get less than..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
It’s really cold when you get less than 5 minutes of power in 19 hours. I had to stay with someone else.
I forgot how many people around here were tied to or live in Tx. WW what part of TX are you in? Did you get any busted pipes? We love the cold. It got to -1 Tuesday morning and it started to hurt for a second, but we had our dog and 4 cats to help keep us warm. I was scared something was going to happen to one of them though...our little dog wasn't dealing with it so well...
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-20, 06:14 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "I forgot how many people around here..."
South Texas. No busted pipes, but plenty in the area. I don’t live on the ground floor, so it wasn’t much risk until my inside temperatures were dropping to the 40s
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2021-02-20, 06:50 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "South Texas. No busted pipes, but..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
South Texas. No busted pipes, but plenty in the area. I don’t live on the ground floor, so it wasn’t much risk until my inside temperatures were dropping to the 40s
That's great. I was worried we would have to have someone come in to fix our leak, but my husband cut into the walls today and found it. Turns out it's a busted pipe cap and we just need to replace it (thank God). But we can't get a cap delivered until Saturday But I'll take it if it means no one has to come into the house. We also had to stay on a boil water notice for 2 days which was lifted this morning. All in all I count myself pretty lucky.
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-02-20, 09:33 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "It's fucking cold in Texas"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2021-02-21, 09:00 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "https://i.imgur.com/nfLr7uZ.png"
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
That's 100% for sure!
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-03-07, 03:51 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "That's 100% for sure!"
My electricity went out for 5 seconds today and I had 'Nom flashbacks....
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2021-03-07, 10:56 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "My electricity went out for 5 seconds..."
My electricity went out for 5 seconds today and I had 'Nom flashbacks....
My MIL still doesn't have running water. Such a shame.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2021-03-08, 12:06 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "My MIL still doesn't have running..."
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
My MIL still doesn't have running water. Such a shame.
We were without for a week until we just opened the wall up and fixed the leak ourselves...it's a fucking mess.
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18