Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Angry Stop bitching about the quick reply
Posted 2004-01-19, 04:01 PM
I fucking heard you already. There are some things I will yield (just about everything else), and there are some things I will not yield (changing the quick reply). The quick reply is so that one can view individual threads of conversation in a thread in hybrid or threaded mode. Though threaded mode isn't very usefull with the imported threads, after people have been replying to the specific post they are replying to, it will become just as useful as I have found it on other boards I visit that have it. Also note that if you are replying to multiple different posts in a thread and they happen to appear one after another in linear mode, it's not considered double posting anymore (replying to the same post again or replying to yourself before someone else posts, however, is still considered double posting)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:04 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Stop bitching about the quick reply"
I'm just pissed because it's one of the last things to load sometimes and these forums are about 110% slower than they used to be.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:05 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Stop bitching about the quick reply"
::hands WetWired a pillow::
I could careless if i have to take a 0.235 seconds out of my time to click a button.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:22 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I'm just pissed because it's one of the..."
We're working on the speed issue, both with hardware and software. I bought the hardware, but it needs to arrive and be installed, and I need more access for longer than I have here at work to seriously address the software optimization aspect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:43 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "We're working on the speed issue, both..."
WetWired said:
We're working on the speed issue, both with hardware and software. I bought the hardware, but it needs to arrive and be installed, and I need more access for longer than I have here at work to seriously address the software optimization aspect.
Ship it here, i'll be your server admin!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-19, 06:08 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "Ship it here, i'll be your server..."
I just got back from being away for a couple days, and I'll bitch all I want.

This damn quick reply is stupid.

Bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-19, 06:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I just got back from being away for a..."
Oh stop complainging, its hitting an extra button, not a big deal at ALL.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-01-19, 06:25 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Oh stop complainging, its hitting an..."
Here's a question. I'm not bitching.

If the quick reply (without quoting) doesn't indicate which post you are replying to, then why is it required to click it before posting? I can understand if it were to indicate in some way the post to which you were replying. I can understand somewhat if it can be set to default to quote when you quick-reply. I can't understand, however, the usefullness of having to click it.

I'm sure I just missed an explination somewhere. If someone could kindly direct me...
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-19, 06:59 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Here's a question. I'm not bitching. ..."
Rabble Rabble Rabble!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2004-01-19, 07:53 PM in reply to Penguin's post starting "Rabble Rabble Rabble!"
I would have to say that the quick reply is meant to be quick, not click this button then click but wtf, it doesn't take any time to click the button at the bottom of someones post and about the loading time, the quick reply loads quick enough if you actually read replies made in a thread. if u just read the first post which would be the starting post then you could miss an important point and reply saying something about something that was cleared up making urself a dumbass. It loads quick enuff on shitty p2 computers at skool so unless u have a 28k modem y would u complain.

I like arguing, its so much fun. : }

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-01-19, 09:02 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Here's a question. I'm not bitching. ..."
What you're missing, Bob, is the fact that even if you don't quote, it keeps track of what post you're replying to. This will become more apparent after I write a hack I'm planning...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-19, 09:06 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What you're missing, Bob, is the fact..."
How about we ditch this hack and make this shit normal?

What do they say..."Don't fix it if it isn't broken"?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-19, 09:34 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "What you're missing, Bob, is the fact..."
Okay, that's all I was asking. I just thought that if it kept track of which post you replied to that it would incidate it somehow.

*In reply to post #3*
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-19, 10:44 PM in reply to RoboticSilence's post starting "I'm just pissed because it's one of the..."
Agreed! Somehow the entire forum loads a bit slower... Not sure why it would though...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-01-19, 11:49 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Agreed! Somehow the entire forum loads..."
Randuin said:
Agreed! Somehow the entire forum loads a bit slower... Not sure why it would though...
I know the new version of Vb3 has over 80 Querys now, compaired to Vb2 having only 40. Plus im not sure if any of WW Custom hacks adds more Querys. The more the database has to work with excuting querys the longer it will take for a page to load. I've notice that the longest thing to load is the Quick Reply. Its the VERY last thing that loads on the site.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-20, 12:23 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I know the new version of Vb3 has over..."
WOW! Double in queries... Holy shit... IPB has an average of around 8-12 queries on any given page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-01-20, 04:53 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "WOW! Double in queries... Holy shit......"
Randuin said:
WOW! Double in queries... Holy shit... IPB has an average of around 8-12 queries on any given page!
But doesn't have as many features vb has.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-20, 01:38 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "But doesn't have as many features vb..."
QUickreply has always been there........for me at least...?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-01-20, 03:29 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "QUickreply has always been..."
We're talking about the stupid button you have to hit, or maybe you're just special.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-20, 03:50 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "We're talking about the stupid button..."
I think its convenient, I dont hav to scroll all the way down, it's quicker to post a quick reply now, than it was with vb2.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome