Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: To Ban or Not to Ban??
Ban Insolence 11 45.83%
Unban Insolence 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Post The Insolence Petition

Posted 2003-12-27, 07:28 PM
Hi peeps, long time no see. I haven't been posting for along time and recently I got really busy with work and the new year coming up. Anyways I came on tonight to find out that Insolence was banned. I read all of the posts about it and felt that maybe what is did was wrong but no reason to ban him. I mean think about all the people out there that get their accounts hack, deleted and such, probably some from right here in zelaron.com yet they won't say they did. Now as a few of you know, Insolence and I from day one, never got along (probably still don't). But I have to go with him on this one. First let me get some questions out of the way.

1. The most important one is the remark about having .sick pay money. Did Insolence have a patton on his idea? Was it legally binding that it was his and his alone?? HELL NO!! When something is made, produced, or created in anyway on net and it is given out, you cannot go back and charge the people cash just because they used or distributed it.

2. Is Insolence trustworthy?? Maybe only to his friends, but I don't know or care if .sick was or wasn't a friend of Insolence. Was or wasn't it doesn't matter because everyone in the Diablo world knows that in every case you always take a risk of losing your account when you deal with using programs or trusting unknown programmers. Granted Insolence admits to hacking the account password, But how many of you newbie players have run into another player and get suckered into giving up your account throught some sly story about they having to leave D2 and they wante you to watch their account for them?? My own sister on another game with her b/f got screwed over by one of his friends, simply cause he just one day decided to turn on them and he took everything and deleted their account, and this was on an mmorpg.

One is for sure with Insolence and I and that is I know where I stand with him. Frankly I think this was just another case of one guy whining about how he put too much trust into one guy and got burned, in which it happens in D2 all the time. So I ask one last time:

Do you think Insolence should be banned??

P.S. BTW admins, if you close the poll I will just start another one on my offical website. This is not a threat but I just don't like it when my threads are closed without my permission.
]3lood]{rawller
Founder of the Krypticwarriors
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-12-27, 07:32 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Signed my name.

BTW, Kuja, you know this thread is going to favor insolence, and that's the only reason you're going to close it. I know you'll close it. "The decision is final."

What a fucking nazi wannabe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-27, 07:34 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
I sign my name as well.

Bloodkrawller said:
P.S. BTW admins, if you close the poll I will just start another one on my offical website. This is not a threat but I just don't like it when my threads are closed without my permission.
Just on the side note...it is not your right to have a thread...it is here because it's your privilege. If the admins see fit to close it they do not need your permission to do so.

And even if you do post the poll on your official website...it has no say in here whatsoever. The admins decision is final, zelaron is not a democracy where you can change rules around here by posting. You can raise hell about it, and maybe it will change, but posting a poll alone and showing it to the admins will most probably not do anything.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2003-12-27 at 07:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-12-27, 07:49 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Quote:
P.S. BTW admins, if you close the poll I will just start another one on my offical website. This is not a threat but I just don't like it when my threads are closed without my permission
I dont need yoru permission to close threads -_-.

How many of these threads have to be made? sheesh, ive stated my opinion once and ill state it again. If insolence can find a way to repay .sick for the deleted chracters and items, (minus some for the bot that .sick recieved) then i say unban him. Otherwise, he should stay banned. This is just my opinion.

Edit: 
apparently kuja closed the other unban insolence thread. My bad. Kuja DO NOT CLOSE THIS THREAD. Zelaron members have a right to voice their opinion even though it may not change anything

Last edited by Sovereign; 2003-12-27 at 07:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-27, 08:54 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
I think a box of Fruit Loops would more than make up for .sick's loss.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-27, 09:38 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Well at least its something...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-27, 11:15 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Excuse me?? but did you say you don't need to have my permission to close my thread?? Ummm... I am not breaking any rules, and so long as I am not breaking them you have no right to close anything. I can make a hundred of these things so long as I am not breaking rules and you can't do anything about it cause I am just stating my point of view. Sounds to me like if things went your way as an admin, nobody could post anything unless if it's what you think is right. Sounds like conformity to me. Maybe you should be the one banned instead of Insolence because of "misuse of power"?? The whole point of messageboards and polls is to express your own point of view.

As for rasing a little hell to get things changed, it's it this thread the point of that?? If this poll shows that most people want Insolence back, then shouldn't the Admins take heed of that? I know I would if I was an admin. But hey I am not, so lets bow down to Sov's one track mind, cause we all know that everything Sov says is the right path of truth.

Aliens controling our minds??? HA, I think they mistook that for Admins, lolz!
]3lood]{rawller
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBloodkrawller is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-12-27, 11:24 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Notice how i said "this is my opinion". Nobody has to listen to it, nor do i expect anyone to. NEver did i say this is "the path of truth" or whatever.

How am i breakign rules? Im simply stating that i dont need yoru permission to close threads IF I SEE A NEED TO. i didnt say i was going to close anything. I dont see how thats abuse of power.... but whatever.

Also take a look at my edit from my last post. "zel members have the right to voice their opinions". As you can see i am FOR the making of this thread. So why you just started that rant i havce no idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-27, 11:24 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Well...see chruser banned Insolence himself. As much as I disagree with chruser and even kuja on the matter, it is chruser's board and he can do as he see fit. Sovereign does have the power to close this thread. If it were to get filled with spam, or something else it is completely within his rights to close this thread. If chruser wants to close this thread he can...its his board no matter what you say. I dont agree with it...but you can't say that he can not do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-12-27, 11:26 PM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Yes yes back on topic to un-bannign insolence or this thread WILL be closed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2003-12-28, 12:01 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
God you guys are dense!!! Can't you guys tell what sarcasium is?? Yes let's get back to the unbanning of Insolence, which reminds me of one last thing, what does "closing a thread if you see if" having anything to do with Insolence?? All I was stating was that I don't like my post closed for now resaon, like the last poll was for Insolence, I was just making sure it wasn't closed like the last one was and that one didn't have any spam or anything in it. Just a Admin not liking how it was turning out. Sure Chruser has the right to do what he want's to his own board, but if he doesn't listen to the people he's building it for, he is going to lose members. Maybe not today, but someday.

But your right, this is about Insolence and so we shall go back to talking about just that.

Nuff said!
]3lood]{rawller
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-12-28, 12:37 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Ban Insolence 0 0%
Unban Insolence 9 100.00%

Just thought I'd point that out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-28, 12:41 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Somehow I doubt 9 votes are going to change much right now, lets give it a bit more time than that eh king?? lolz
]3lood]{rawller
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Bloodkrawller

Posted 2003-12-28, 12:55 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Progress is progress.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-28, 03:41 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Ban untill items given back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-12-28, 03:49 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
I believe some were sold.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-28, 04:06 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Then he needs to use his personal money to buy the same items off ebay and then give the items back.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-12-28, 04:09 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Some characters were deleted too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-12-28, 04:17 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
God why did i forget that again.... Ok yeah thats bad... >.<
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penguin

Posted 2003-12-28, 04:22 AM in reply to Bloodkrawller's post "The Insolence Petition"
Let's see, the votes are 9 for unbanning, and 0 to keep him banned. A member shouldn't be banned innocently, but there's a little something that disturbs me.

Bloodkrawller said:
But how many of you newbie players have run into another player and get suckered into giving up your account throught some sly story about they having to leave D2 and they wante you to watch their account for them?? My own sister on another game with her b/f got screwed over by one of his friends, simply cause he just one day decided to turn on them and he took everything and deleted their account, and this was on an mmorpg.
So in other words, Insolence should be unbanned just because OTHER people can and will scam? How many people do you really think scam others on a constant basis? You see bots marching through channels a lot, don't you? Face it, there still aren't "that many scammers" compared to the amount of players in-game. And if someone trusts a close friend who still steals their items, I don't see a reason why this scammer shouldn't be punished if possible.

There's nothing personal against Insolence in this matter. It's just a matter of whether or not someone on Zelaron should be able to contact another Zelaroner, steal his account, sell his items and delete his characters, just to come back to the board and steal his forum account for whatever reason. If that's the kind of people you want on the forum, then go ahead, tell me to unban him and I will.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser