Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

PS3 - E3: Killzone 2 Trailer
Posted 2007-07-11, 11:23 AM
Let the E3 madness start!

Last night (for you folks, at least), at a special event after the Microsoft press conference, Sony showed the latest build of Killzone 2 to journalists. A new trailer was also shown, and has been released to the public, also due to appear on PSN for download.

Some of you may remember the original K2 trailer, which was completely CG, and looked very good.

I do believe that this is the original: http://gametrailers.com/player/6443.html?type=wmv

The new trailer (link to HD version), can be found here: http://gametrailers.com/player/21504.html

Some interesting things to note:

- The entire trailer was created using an in-game engine.
- The animations of the characters at the start of the trailer. The way the mouths move, and foggy breath
- Destructible environments
- There is a scene that shows wires across a street, each bouncing individually in a storm
- The blood! Gods does it look nice

Personally I think that the new trailer looks much more photorealistic, and gives a much better feeling and the atmosphere of a warzone.

EDIT: Thoughts from IGN.

Last edited by Lenny; 2007-07-11 at 11:31 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-07-13, 10:27 AM in reply to Lenny's post "PS3 - E3: Killzone 2 Trailer"
Damn, another! Freaking awesome looking game, I seriously am wanting to get a PS3 again, just gotta start setting aside a few bucks a week so I can afford to get one. Man this looks sick ...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-13, 10:32 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Damn, another! Freaking awesome looking..."
Just something I'd like to add, that I think is very important:

The trailer makes use of the in-game engine. Not the final engine, I might add - the pre-pre-alpha engine.

If you think the graphics already look good, then you might like to know that they can only get better!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-07-13, 10:41 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Just something I'd like to add, that I..."
Yeah that's what even more-so amazing, I just watched the Halo3 trailer, and it doesn't have SHIT on Killzone 2, those Microsoft boys are going to be very disappointed...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-01, 08:02 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah that's what even more-so amazing,..."
ive herd from a few people that the killzone 2 game is realy crap and looks nothink like the trailer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mariofan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmariofan is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mariofan

Posted 2008-01-01, 09:25 AM in reply to mariofan's post starting "ive herd from a few people that the..."
A-ha.

A-hahaha.

A-hahahahahahahaha.

Permit me to direct you to the links in the first post of the thread. And then if you get yourself to http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1668.html and watch some of the gameplay videos.

Oh, and try not to believe everything "Xbots" tell you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny