Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Play StarCraft 2 Beta offline for free (No Cd-Key or Battlenet account required)
Posted 2010-06-26, 12:04 PM
Since phase one of the beta is over, I wanted to play again even though the servers weren't up; so I did some searching around on Google for an offline AI loader. After trying out several different loaders, I finally came across one that was simple, had decent AI difficulties, (Most of the other AI scripts were quite horrible, the enemy wouldn't do anything but build drones/probes/etc.) and allowed me to choose the race I wanted to play.

A lot of people probably already know about StarCrack, but I thought I'd share the love.

I scanned the installer and it came up clean, I only have one concern, and that is when you launch the program, it attempts to open port 11596 on TCP. The IP address that it's attempting to connect to is 127.0.0.1 (Which is localhost, aka your own computer.) Not sure what the point of that is, but even if you do not allow this connection to be made by blocking it, the launcher still runs perfect.

Also, you don't need to have a StarCraft CD-Key or Battle.net account, you do need the actual beta though so I have taken the liberty to upload the beta installer provided by Blizzard to Megaupload.

You need the latest patch installed in order for this to run, since Blizzard's server is offline, it will not automatically update you to the current patch. Luckily, there is a European server available that will update the beta for you. After a clean install, place the edited "Realms.stf" (Located below) into the Starcraft II Beta/Support folder.

So, without further adieu:

Main thread:

http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcr...#comment_19495

Launcher Download

http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcr.../files/228/get

Maps

http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcr.../files/184/get

Realm list for update

http://sc2.nibbits.com/assets/starcr.../files/241/get

Beta Downloader

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P2IYDM2Y

Note -

Unzip the maps anywhere, after you launch the loader, click on the "Maps" tab and click "Add Maps from Folder". Direct it to where you extracted the maps, and they will then be available to play.

Enjoy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-06-27, 01:09 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Play StarCraft 2 Beta offline for free..."
I've looked into it, there is actually a 1/2 decent guide on youtube explaining how to set everything up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU8GIRUd_g
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-06-27, 08:24 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I've looked into it, there is actually..."
There's nothing to setup... you just install the beta and then starcrack.. then play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2010-06-28, 09:01 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "There's nothing to setup... you just..."
-Spector- said: [Goto]
There's nothing to setup... you just install the beta and then starcrack.. then play.
this.
thanks spektar. Only one more month til the retail game comes out, amirite?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-06-28, 09:48 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "this. thanks spektar. Only one more..."
Yes sir, July 27th.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2010-06-29, 10:42 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Yes sir, July 27th."
I'm looking forward to it for the campaign, but I don't think I'll be getting into the online scene much. DIABLO 3 PLEASE
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-29, 11:06 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm looking forward to it for the..."
Quote:

Official Blizzard Quote:
[Blizzard Source]
Diablo: @strain Blizzard isn't attending E3, but look for a deluge of information coming out of BlizzCon in October.
http://diablofans.com/

/wrists

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-06-29, 11:11 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://diablofans.com/ /wrists"
Something tells me there will be a Starcraft 2 expansion out before Diablo 3 hits beta.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-29, 11:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Something tells me there will be a..."
They're going to announce an announcement about an upcoming announcement of the announcement of Diablo 3. Fuck it it's already been 10 years since the last Diablo came out. By the time its launched they're going to have hologram video games on the shelves and the universes of all the games will be combined into one intergalatic battle of World of Star/War/Diablocraft

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-06-29, 11:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "They're going to announce an..."
I'm pretty sure they'll say that they're making a "big announcement about our next game release" at Blizzcon, and it will end up being about some stupid Starcraft 2 expansion rather than Diablo 3. That's the kind of shit that they seem to do every time we think anything relevant to Diablo 3 is going to happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-29, 04:07 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Something tells me there will be a..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Something tells me there will be a Starcraft 2 expansion out before Diablo 3 hits beta.
this

filling the void
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-06-29, 04:21 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure they'll say that..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I'm pretty sure they'll say that they're making a "big announcement about our next game release" at Blizzcon, and it will end up being about some stupid Starcraft 2 expansion rather than Diablo 3. That's the kind of shit that they seem to do every time we think anything relevant to Diablo 3 is going to happen.
See I would hope that wouldn't happen. Here's what we know.

Starcraft 2 launches late July.

WoW Cataclysm will beta this year, and is already past most developmental stages.

Diablo 3 ???

It could be in the air still, but you're probably right.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V