Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Help installing Dual Booted System Drivers (Win Vista - XP)
Posted 2008-01-21, 11:33 PM
I just finalized the Dual-Booting of my Vista Home Premium with that of the Windows XP Professional. I now have windows xp, except without the sound, video, and wireless adapter. I found downloads for all of these and tried to install them does anyone know how to install them properly.

I downloaded
Broadcom 802.11g/b wireless driver from hp
Conextant HDD SmartAUDIO HD2 sound driver from hp
and an .inf video card driver from laptop2go.com

I failed installing any of these into my HP Pavilion dv6640us XP partition.

Can anyone help me make the xp the way it should be.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-22, 06:49 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Help installing Dual Booted System..."
Quote:
I just finalized the Dual-Booting of my Vista Home Premium with that of the Windows XP Professional. I now have windows xp, except without the sound, video, and wireless adapter. I found downloads for all of these and tried to install them does anyone know how to install them properly.
Okay first off, why did you feel the need to partition with dual booting? I'm just curious as to why you did this.

Quote:
I downloaded
Broadcom 802.11g/b wireless driver from hp
Conextant HDD SmartAUDIO HD2 sound driver from hp
and an .inf video card driver from laptop2go.com
I take it you have a laptop? Did you purchase this new or used? Anything made within the past 8 years or so should've came with Driver CDs.. I'd assume if you can get online however, you can find your drivers elsewhere. If one partition is working and the other isn't, then obviously you need to log onto the other partition and install the drivers again, it's as simple as that, if that doesn't fix your problem, then post up more information

Quote:
I failed installing any of these into my HP Pavilion dv6640us XP partition.

Can anyone help me make the xp the way it should be.

Just log into the other partition and isntall the same drivers as you did on the other, being that they're seperate drives, they don't necessairily share 'drivers'.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-22, 07:51 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Okay first off, why did you feel the..."
Unless he's got two hard drives, in which case he can't truly dual boot, then he needs to partition the drive.

---

How exactly did they fail to install?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-22, 07:52 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Unless he's got two hard drives, in..."
From what I could pick out of that was that he did partition it and got the drivers installed on one half of it and not on the other? I'm not sure, I think we're just going to need some more information.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-01-23, 07:58 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "From what I could pick out of that was..."
Yes, I have a laptop. Here are the stats

140GB (108GB Vista Partition, 32.2GB Win XP Pro Partition)
nVidia GeForce Go 7150M
1.8GHz AMD 64 Athlon X2 (Dual Core)
2GB ram
Conextant HDD SmartAudio HD2
Broadcom Wireless 802.11g/b
Dual Booting Windows Vista Home Premium (installed first) with Windows XP Professional

I have tried to install the built-in Broadcom Wireless driver I downloaded from HP themselves, since this is a HP computer. Failed.

I downloaded and tried to install the speakers driver that I downloaded from HP. Failed.

I looked all over and finally found a graphics driver; by the way I took out the Radion due to computer faults, I have the original graphics card in. I downloaded it at laptop2go.com and I had no idea how to install into the Windows XP Pro. It was a .inf and I unpacked it but don't know where it is actually suposted to be installing it into. This is troublesome.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-23, 09:15 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes, I have a laptop. Here are the..."
What exactly does it do when it fails? Does it not go through completely, stop during the middle? Etc./

Also, there may be a problem trying to make an XP partition over a Vista partition. Now, I know there was no sort of conflict before Vista with preexisting OS's, but Vista is very notorious of taking over everything after it's installed, that could be a possible problem? (it's so conflicting in muh head).

I'll try tomrrow at work when I'm not so tired and find you the correct drivers for your laptop..

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-24, 04:37 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes, I have a laptop. Here are the..."
It's a stupid question, but the stupid questions are sometimes the ones that get the best answers - did you partition the drive with an OS already installed, or format it completely before installing?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-24, 06:12 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's a stupid question, but the stupid..."
Lenny said:
It's a stupid question, but the stupid questions are sometimes the ones that get the best answers - did you partition the drive with an OS already installed, or format it completely before installing?
I partitioned the hard drive with vista running in it. I only formated the unallowcated xp drive space.

D3V said:
What exactly does it do when it fails? Does it not go through completely, stop during the middle? Etc./
It won't even begin the installation. It gives an error saying that I don't have XP installed or that the right components are installed incorrectly or at least not properly.

Me said:
Extra Note
I was finally able to try and install the video driver, which ultimatly, FAILED!

I will take screenshots and upload them, that sounds good to me.

I will upload them in about an hour from this post - 5:10a.m. pst

Here are the pictures in no order.

Driver Upacked Folders

Windows XP view of the system F: is the XP Partition while C: is vista

Vista's version of the drives area. Is this a problem?

Audio Failer to install

Broadcom Fails to install properly, even with restart.

nVIDIA failer to install, due to improper hardware.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-02-04 at 03:17 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-24, 08:37 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I partitioned the hard drive with vista..."
Pictures Uploaded.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-24, 08:56 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I partitioned the hard drive with vista..."
You're having some sort of conflict between the OSes, i'll try and find out why later for you. I've never dealt with any of this firsthand, but i'd guess that because you installed XP afterwards.. there may have been something miscalculated as you put XP on.

..hmm

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-24, 06:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You're having some sort of conflict..."
My Vista Speakers are not working now! After that picture I took my Win Vista Speakers stopped working. It states that they are working just fine, but that's a load of bull-shit since I don't hear anying coming out of them. Please try to resolve this shitty system quick.\

EDIT: Found Driver and fixed it, problem for vista speakers resolved, though the XP partition is still sucking hard.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-01-25 at 04:05 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-25, 05:11 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "My Vista Speakers are not working now!..."
Have you tried re-installing XP on the XP partition?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-25, 11:33 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Have you tried re-installing XP on the..."
Lenny said:
Have you tried re-installing XP on the XP partition?
Yes, I have re-installed the XP partition twice.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-28, 06:59 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yes, I have re-installed the XP..."
Here's what I would do.

/f disk that entire Partition and start from scratch. You may have setup your partition with the wrong fileset or something, i'd really just have to look at it to ultimately make a diagnosis, but i'd start from scratch.

That, and I'm not even sure if you can partition a hard drive with Vista on it with something other than Vista, though, I know that Linux guys do it, so i'm somewhat thrown off. It just sound like the drivers aren't being compatible, for whatever the reason.... But i'd just start over, delete that partition and start over.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-01-28, 07:16 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Here's what I would do. /f disk that..."
I already beat you to it, I done started from scratch twice, but I mean the vista was installed both times, I don't want to delete it, yet.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-04, 03:11 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I already beat you to it, I done..."
Deleted Partition, well I got rid of it because I don't need it anymore. The program I was trying to run wouldn't run in vista, but after a little tweaking I got it work, so I don't need help anymore.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy