Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

Posted 2010-03-27, 10:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well that's that - finished my final..."
♫ Don't worry... fuck ten other women... ♫
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-04-27, 01:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well that's that - finished my final..."
Back at Uni, term started yesterday, and I've already got myself a few free drinks! A friend of a housemate's girlfriend came over today, and happened to have her broken laptop with her. 45 minutes later, she walks away with a fixed laptop. She works behind the bar at college and has promised me a few free drinks in return.

Life is good. Apart from the sleep I'm going to miss over the next few days from deadlines...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-04-27, 08:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Back at Uni, term started yesterday,..."
Dang, Lenny, big-pimp'n! I wanna try this CompSci thing, now. How do you start?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-27, 08:38 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Dang, Lenny, big-pimp'n! I wanna try..."
In a nutshell: Learn how to Computer.

Apparently, chicks dig a guy who can fix their computer, particularly when they've got assignments due in and it's broken.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2010-04-27, 08:43 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "In a nutshell: Learn how to Computer. ..."
Alright, cool. I've got some free classes, next year, so I'm sure I can worm something for computers in. I know a tiny bit, already, since I do so much crap that I don't need to do.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-05-03, 06:13 PM in reply to Lenny's post "The joys of being a CompSci."
Fixed a friends laptop on Friday - got ten Crunchies for it (I love Crunchies! ).

Another laptop tonight - brand new Acer (I advised him against it when he bought it) with a completely dead hard drive. Nothing to be done for it, alas. Well, not with what I've got; I need a hard drive caddy, but I don't have any and he doesn't have an external hard drive I can make use of (plug the 'dead' drive into the caddy, connect that up and use some Voodoo programs I have to recover his data).

Working myself up again to asking That Girl out for coffee. Soon, baby; I just need to have the chance to speak to her, instead of a waved greeting across the Science Site, or a nodded hello in the street.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2010-05-06, 05:44 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fixed a friends laptop on Friday - got..."
And it's a no.

Ah well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2010-05-06, 05:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fixed a friends laptop on Friday - got..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Fixed a friends laptop on Friday - got ten Crunchies for it (I love Crunchies! ).

Another laptop tonight - brand new Acer (I advised him against it when he bought it) with a completely dead hard drive. Nothing to be done for it, alas. Well, not with what I've got; I need a hard drive caddy, but I don't have any and he doesn't have an external hard drive I can make use of (plug the 'dead' drive into the caddy, connect that up and use some Voodoo programs I have to recover his data).

Working myself up again to asking That Girl out for coffee. Soon, baby; I just need to have the chance to speak to her, instead of a waved greeting across the Science Site, or a nodded hello in the street.
You just gotta walk over instead of just waving or nodding. Trust me, if you don't get it done soon, the chance will never come.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-05-06, 05:53 PM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "You just gotta walk over instead of..."
I repeat:

Lenny, seven minutes ago said:
And it's a no.

Ah well.

Learn to read.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2010-05-06, 06:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I repeat: Learn to read."
if you havent been programming or engrossed in programming theory since childhood i'm afraid you will never be a good programmer
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2010-05-06, 06:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I repeat: Learn to read."
I repeat:

Learn to read.
Maybe I hadn't refreshed my page yet you pompous Comp Sci divvy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-05-06, 10:18 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "And it's a no. Ah well. :("
And it's a no.

Ah well.
Next time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2010-05-07, 03:54 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Next time."
Walked home in the pouring rain last night, which wasn't nice. Got to bed late, moped (mood, not the method of transport) about today. Cheered up a bit now, but I'm still feeling somewhat morose - I think life has caught up with me again. I let down my defences, and everything I've bottled up for the past year overwhelmed me.

Nevermind, eh? Clear mind for exams, and I'm in the perfect mood for revision - I wouldn't be sad if I went the next four or five weeks without speaking to another person. I've grown up a loner, it's what I'm good at. I'm missing my cats, though.

I don't like fish and I hate the sea, but I'll get lucky one day. Hopefully karma is building me up for something spectacular.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny