Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Vengeance Gears?
Posted 2004-08-07, 02:27 PM
I plan to make a avenger, what gears I should use?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-07, 07:01 PM in reply to Ganga's post "Vengeance Gears?"
Well i never made one so here's an attemp at it.

Helm: Shako, CoA
Armor: G-Angel<----recommended, Enigma, CoH
Weapon: that cool Eth PB you got . (Actually, i got a question, the elemental damage donne by Vengence is by percent, so is it by percent compare to the weapon damage? or something else?)
Shield: HoZ
Ammy: Maras, Armageddon Slippers
Rings: BK, Sojs
Belt: Dungoes
Gloves: Bloodfists, Rare Gloves with IAS + FHR <--- dunno if they exist
Boots: Eth Sandtreks, Grimspurs

Charms:
10xPally Gcs
9xresis all + mods scs
1xanni

Skills:
20 Light Resis
20 Fire Resis
20 Cold Resis
10 Conviction (you can add some points here to reach the lvl 25 cap)
The rest in vengence

Why I recommend Gangel? well it's because if you max the resis auras, which are synergies for Vengence. And you get +1 to max resis for each 2 points you invest in the resis aura as a passive skill so with G-Angel, you'd have a nifty 95%resis all all the time.

You could also invest your points like this
10 lite resis
10 cold resis
10 fire resis
10 conviction or more
the rest in either Vengence or Salvation, which ever add more damage

EDIT: I just reread the other pst concerning the Avenger, and the elemental damage added by % to the physical damage you already do, so you'd need a high damage wep like BotD.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag

Last edited by ExT; 2004-08-07 at 07:10 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-08-07, 07:32 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Well i never made one so here's an..."
Nice try there ExT but a few of your suggestions kinda suck and could use a bit mroe planning. Heres my go at it:

Helm: 40/15 Shako (10% DR)

Armor: Enigma this is a must for the +str for damage and +2 skills (8% DR)

Weapon: Beast Zerker Axe since this weapon enables you too have fanat this increases your base damage which then increases your vengance damage and it incsreases attack speed as well as heavy AR. You will need ALOT of AR for an avenger. Also has 25% Open Wounds and 20% Crushing Blow

Shield: Bered Herald of Zakarum or if you have 1, 70+/70+/+2 Almar Negra Bered. The almsr negra adds incredable damage and AR over HoZ. (8% DR)

Amulet: Maras Keliedescope or Highlords Wrath (i suggest wrath for 30+ Deadly Strike to increase your actual physical damage).

Rings: Bul Kathos Wedding band and Raven Frost (incredible AR gains from a raven Frost).

Belt: Verdungoes (15% DR)

Gloves: Steelrenders for heavy base damage gains thus more damage from using vengances as well as +15-20 Str for even mroe damage and 10% Crushing.

Boots: Eth Sandtrecks or if you went with Highlords toss on Gore Rinders for another 15% Deadly Strike, another 10% Open wounds and 15% more crushing blow.

If you went with the Highlords, Gores, Beast, and Steelrenders et up you get over 45% Deadly Stike, 45% Crushing Blow and a good 30% Open Wounds. That will increase your actual physical greatly when the physical factors come in.

For Charms, you really want to avoud using Pally Skill GC's, the more damage charms you use the more damage vengance pumps off from elemntal so go with alor of max/lifers.

As for skills, since you can use Beast and get fanat on that means toss 15 into Conviction that way you have 2 Auras on that boots both factors of damage Elemntal/Physical. You will need 15 into Conviction in order for the + skills to put you at -150% Resitances.

I created a Avenger before using this exact build and if i recall correctly i did 13,488 with Vengance then +Conviction and if it was a Hell game...im talking 1 hit kill.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2004-08-07, 08:01 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "Nice try there ExT but a few of your..."
but this is for duel, wouldn't use beast zerk be BM? Also what about the skills part?

Last edited by Ganga; 2004-08-07 at 08:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-07, 08:16 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "but this is for duel, wouldn't use..."
You're not using any non-class skills (as you can't use Vengeance in Bear form), so I don't see where it's BM.

Skills should be simple:

20 Vengeance
Whatever is takes to reach ~lvl 25 Conviction with your +skills
Some Holy Shield (5+ likely)
and the rest into synergies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-07, 08:34 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "You're not using any non-class skills..."
ya but anyone who see holy freeze just start yelling at you at melee game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-07, 08:51 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "ya but anyone who see holy freeze just..."
I heard something like, skills from gears or charms do not add damage to synie is that true or false?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:03 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "ya but anyone who see holy freeze just..."
Holy Freeze is 'Doom', not 'Beast'...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:04 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Holy Freeze is 'Doom', not 'Beast'..."
Newbi me..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:05 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "I heard something like, skills from..."
I am pretty sure that is true. For example you only have an extra 14% 40 times for BH on a pally. If you max the skills blessed aim and vigor.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-08-07, 10:05 PM in reply to Ganga's post starting "I heard something like, skills from..."
Ganga said:
I heard something like, skills from gears or charms do not add damage to synie is that true or false?
No, +skills don't affect synergies. However, charges on items appear to, due to Marrowwalk glitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-08, 12:25 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "No, +skills don't affect synergies. ..."
Need to get something right, deadly strike double my physical damage right? Do it also double my elemetal damage?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Ganga

Posted 2004-08-08, 12:35 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Need to get something right, deadly..."
I'd like to make a vengance pally soon, good posts ppl.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-08-08, 01:58 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Need to get something right, deadly..."
Just your physical damage.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker