Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post Is thread digging really that bad?
Posted 2003-10-01, 07:15 PM
Hmm, i thought about it for a few mins and i came to the conclusion that thread digging isn't bad at all.. if EVERYONE did it.. or even a moderate number of people did it then sure it would be bad cuz the forum would be filled with old threads but if once in a while someone feels like bringing up an old interesting dead thread then whynot? it's not like its THAT annoying and who knows.. maybe people will post in it and appreciate it again... oppinions?

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:17 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
b/c if some1 starts digging than a lot of ppl will start digging
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:19 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Nothing wrong with a few people doing it. Everyone won''t. It takes too much time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:34 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
I only do it to spam. Otherwise, it is 100% stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:38 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
well what WW said was that it will make your computer slow down in opening up newer ones!! which i guess is what the price is for thread digging
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
J_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJ_iceman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

J_iceman

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:45 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
EX-Mania said:
if once in a while someone feels like bringing up an old interesting dead thread then whynot?
From what I've seen, most people dig up threads to spam in them. Nothing interesting, then the revived thread would soon turn into a spamfest, with occasional "DAMNED THREAD DIGGER" messages all over the place.

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:48 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
i think it sould be allowed if it was dug up for a good reason.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
platnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenplatnum is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

platnum

Posted 2003-10-01, 07:50 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
I agree. IF a good thread is brought back sucessfully then it should be kept open, otherwise just trash it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2003-10-01, 09:02 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
There can be a legitimate reasons to dig up threads, such as an old thread about some game, and someone posts new info about that game... ect..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-10-01, 09:05 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Honestly, I don't think there is any reason whatsoever to dig up a thread. If you really wanted, just start a new thread on the topic you want to discuss and have a link connecting the thoughts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-10-01, 09:09 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
The reason I dispise thread diggers is because they dont have anything interesting to say. Just "Yeah, I agree."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-10-01, 09:15 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Look, here's my view on thread digging:
Someone who actually searches the forum before making a new thread posts something useful or a valid question in an old thread. Bam, that's fine with me.

Someone digs up an old thread for no reason ( p1ng digging up the old chat forum threads, kuja's #1 digging up the mantralord's sister thread) and just posts some random comment or asks a completely irrelevant question. Goddamn it, that's bad.

Basically, if the thread dig is in a forum other than the chat forum, it's more likely to not be spam.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-10-01, 11:45 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
I think thread digging should be allowed... But if spammed in, should be trashed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-02, 02:13 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Yes, then everyone came blame the person who dug it up, for lost post counts since everyone just loves to worry about their post counts... wam, bam, money gram....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-10-03, 10:09 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
The problem is that the vast majority of thread digging is pointless.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-03, 10:43 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Well most time when someone dig to spam they post a few word. And usefull post are the one whit many so maybe it would be better to code something that allow post whit 200-250 characters or more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-10-03, 11:26 AM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Or how about we just say don't thread dig. Kthxbye.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-10-03, 12:25 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Hmm, i'm going to wait until this thread gets old, then i'm going to dig it back up. Nothing more satisfyingly ironic than me digging up a thread about digging up threads.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2003-10-03, 02:38 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Now you've said that...they will close the thread and say "OWNED."

11:49 Skurai said:
I don't have to study for math, I'm technically a genius, just don't care to show.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Senesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSenesia enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Senesia

Posted 2003-10-03, 06:58 PM in reply to EX-Mania's post "Is thread digging really that bad?"
Oh yes, my feelings will be just devastated because I couldnt dig up this thread. If they do that, I'll probably start cutting myself, and listening to death metal. I'll also start wearing black clothes, my parents will get pissed, they'll kick me out of the house, I'll have to live with my grandparents until they kick me out, I'll get a job making minimum wage for 10 years, then I'll finally end up homeless under a bridge.

All because they closed this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord