Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holidays!
Posted 2005-12-20, 11:49 PM
I swear i'm getting tired of hearing "Happy Holidays" that I want to fucking vomit. People are trying too hard to be fucking politically correct it's sickening. There are THREE MAJOR HOLIDAYS THIS TIME OF SEASON. Christanity, Judiusm, and ... "Kwannaza" "ism".

Christanity celebrates the birth of Jesus, which was roughly 2k years ago (for all of you athiests that don't believe in anything). Judaism has been around forever, not exactly sure when it was made up. And celebrating Kwanzaa is just ridiccilous, it's just another Proudtobeblack organization that is basically the same fucking thing as christmas, but since people wants to be Dumb Jews and Dumb Niggers everybody in the world has to say Happy Holidays or they get fired, shunned, etc.

I do realize that other religions need to be respected and recognized. If they are so proud to be their specific religion, then they shouldn't be able to get the Christmas discounts at retail stores, and no Christmas break for them, (they already get their few Jewish holidays throughout the year) " http://www.ou.org/chagim/default.htm "

All I'm saying is keep the Christmas spirit alive, Christmas is where the whole Santa deal came about, the presents on the 25th, all started with Christans celebrating Jesus' birthday, and people always seem to be smashing it into the ground.

Merry Christmas all.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2005-12-21, 02:42 AM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
Sorry D3V, Santa isn't real.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-12-21, 04:16 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Sorry D3V, Santa isn't real."
www.noradsanta.org

----------

I can't remember having anyone say "Happy Holidays" to me. Everyone I know comes out with a straight "Happy Christmas!" or "Merry Easter!".

You'd have thought, that if this really bothered people, they'd take "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Christmas" out of all the Christmas cards and put "Happy Holidays" in instead.

EDIT: Go on the Google site and they've got their weird picture thingy up:

And you hover over it, and it says "Happy Holidays".

Rats.

Last edited by Lenny; 2005-12-21 at 04:22 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-21, 12:43 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
You know, a customer at work actually brought that up with me a couple of days ago. They asked me if I was allowed to say "Merry Christmas", and I said we were, even though I usually say "Happy Holidays" unless the customer says "Merry Christmas" first, to which I return the phrase. The customer then started ranting about how we're celebrating Christmas and not other holidays. When the order was over, I flashed a smile to them and said "Happy Holidays!", to which they gave me a glare and walked out.

It's not exactly hard to be considerate of other religions, you know. Fucking zealous, close-minded religious people...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2005-12-21, 01:45 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
I think you should say "Happy Holidays" cause it respects all the holidays, and you wont insult a person if you say to a Jew "Merry Christmas". Its not a big deal, REALLY. It's just TWO words. But anyway, just enjoy the season, who cares about what you say to celebrate it, just celebrate it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vindicate_1476 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenVindicate_1476 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Vindicate_1476

Posted 2005-12-21, 04:46 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
Saying "Happy Holidays" is just a way of accepting that there are actually people out there who aren't christian and don't celebrate christmas but celebrate their own holidays around the same time. Saying "Merry Christmas" to someone who doesn't celebrate christmas might not be all that bad, but that doesn't mean you can't be considerate about it, that's why I just say "Happy Holidays".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-12-22, 02:21 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
I really don't paticularly care. Im fine either way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2005-12-25, 08:59 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "I really don't paticularly care. Im..."
I'm anti social and hate people. Thats how I get out of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2005-12-27, 09:04 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "I'm anti social and hate people. Thats..."
Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah!

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-12-27, 11:43 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
Weren't you trying to say you weren't racist a week or two ago? You should save the mods some time and post either directly into the Flame Forum or the Trashcan.

Also, there are many other holidays that are celebrated around that time that have nothing to do with Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa, most of them revolving around the Winter Solstice which are still celebrated (although very locally and in small amounts).

In short: Happy Holidays
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2005-12-28, 06:24 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
Dude a Jew would kick your ass before you can blink, I will never say dirty Jew in Israel again.

And all of this nonsense about political correction is good it helps me in my endeavor to drive Christianity back into the Dark Ages from whence it came and set up a state of scientific goals and achievments not blind hope or for you religious trash who think you should have any say in our Govt. system I think you call it Faith but like i said all it is is blind hope so give berth to a new era of science and statistics where the only thing thats real is what can be proven not fairytales of some land where men and women go after death or some set of ideals that reward you after life.

Last edited by Curian; 2005-12-28 at 06:29 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Curian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCurian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Curian

Posted 2005-12-28, 11:56 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
D3V said:
but since people wants to be Dumb Jews and Dumb Niggers everybody in the world has to say Happy Holidays or they get fired, shunned, etc.

Yes, those damn Jews/Blacks and their holidays, how dare they have beliefs seperate from mine, we should bomb them! Fucking idiot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2005-12-29, 12:38 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Yes, those damn Jews/Blacks and their..."
Slim said:
Yes, those damn Jews/Blacks and their holidays, how dare they have beliefs seperate from mine, we should bomb them! Fucking idiot.
OMG NIQQA!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2005-12-29, 04:21 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "OMG NIQQA!"
What about happy new year!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2005-12-29, 06:01 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "What about happy new year!"
You can't just go around saying that to people! Think of all the religions who have New Year at a different time. And then there's the billion or so Chinese people who celebrate it sometime in Februaury.

No, it isn't P.C. to say "Happy New Year" to people on New Years Day.

----------

Stupid political correctness. WTF is wrong with saying "brainstorm" for heavens sake?!

----------

Btw, this year I had not one person say "Happy Holidays" to me. It was all "Merry Christmas!". I think that "Happy Holidays" must be a purely American thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2005-12-29, 11:02 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You can't just go around saying that to..."
It is an american thing because we have little bitches like S2AM who whine about this shit then time and money are wasted on it. Stupid constitution
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Curian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenCurian is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Curian

Posted 2005-12-29, 11:58 AM in reply to Curian's post starting "It is an american thing because we have..."
How the fuck is S2 AM involved in this?

And the only people I said "Merry Christmas" to were family, everyone else got "Happy Holidays"

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2005-12-29, 03:04 PM in reply to D3V's post "It's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy..."
If the two words "Merry Christmas" shouldn't offend anyone, why should the two words "Happy Holidays" offend anyone?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2005-12-29, 09:58 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "If the two words "Merry Christmas"..."
khwiii said:
If the two words "Merry Christmas" shouldn't offend anyone, why should the two words "Happy Holidays" offend anyone?

You're actually trying to pull logic out of anything Dev says? I'm sorry but that's an immense waste of time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2005-12-29, 11:53 PM in reply to Curian's post starting "It is an american thing because we have..."
Curian said:
It is an american thing because we have little bitches like S2AM who whine about this shit then time and money are wasted on it. Stupid constitution
I'm actually atheist you little pantywaste. I could really care less if someone says Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Festive Kwanza, or Happy Holidays.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM