Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Post Assassin Help...
Posted 2002-11-21, 02:18 AM
I'm gonna start my PvP Assassins soon, one is gonna be a BowAssassin. Just looking for a little advice, I only want to build once. I dont want to be a trap Assassin, cuz I hate them, but I do want a trap for support. Any suggestions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-21, 06:04 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
to kill a zon use dradon flight =P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Boo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBoo~Hoo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Boo~Hoo

Posted 2002-11-21, 08:14 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
i would suggest that you get a shadow warrior/master depending on what skill you plan to use I personaly have never seen a bowassassin before so good luck
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2002-11-21, 07:01 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
A Bow sin might work with their Burst of Speed while the target is like running away he switches or sumthin........or u can just use traps to stun the guy then start pumpin out arrows.......i wonder how fast ud b shootin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-22, 10:55 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
How does Dragon Flight work? I thought it would simply work if I mastered that and claw mastery with a decent weapon, but for some reason my dmg was pathetic, so I just quit on her for the time being. I have two Cruel Scissor Suwayahs with a boat load of dmg on them, but still, I'd need to hit the Zon with about 4-5 DF's to kill them. What am I doing wrong, any one know?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2002-11-22, 01:13 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
lol, DragonFlight is kick dmg, all based on your str and dex i believe. Charge up with TigerStrike(i think thats the name) and then release Dragon Flight, my DF was doing 2.3k or so dmg that way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenShpook is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-22, 06:29 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
In pvp once u get ur charges u should release them straight away......so when ur that close to get ur charges might as well just release them rather than run away and kick u know where im at.....

Assassins are very fragile and dont have much life so for me i went as low stats as i can but not too low and i put the rest into vitality......u can probably use Wake of Fire or Lightning Sentry at level one and once they get hit with one of them u can use mind blast to stun them and u can df in or use ur bow to pump sum arrows in em....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-22, 11:19 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
hmm, sounds good. a few more questions: what trap would be best, WoF, or lightning sentry? And also, whats the best gear for an assassin. I WILL NOT use Tucs.. lol. I plan on using a Cruel. but the rest I'm not sure about.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-23, 12:33 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
i think WoF its bcoz many ppl have maxed light res and they ignore fire so level one WoF i dont know.....its covers a lot of ground thus hitting the guy all the time and u can start mind blastin him.......what cruel? i really think ethereal tucs will b best but its up 2 u its also got really good mods i dont know why u dont like it........if u also like clawin might as well use a 160/60 thats more of a martial build but still works as a hybrid but u run out of mana easily......if u like trappin then bowin em just go shaft shako build......more mana and more life.....probably wear thundergods and SS since ur DR is already 75%
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-23, 12:50 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
yeah, i dont plan on being solid traps, just wanna use one for support. ETH Tuc's might be good cuz of the stats, but I'm really looking for the dmg of a cruel. I'm making two seperate builds, so Im sorta confused what to do for both lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-23, 02:11 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
Ive gone the cruel build and thougt the damage was L337 but it wasnt i found that Ethereal tucs was better.....way better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-23, 03:15 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
hmmm, maybe ill try that instead....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-24, 04:13 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
i disagree with alot some of that...
WoF the reason it is better at level 1 is because FIRE damage has the longest damage animation, and it hits more consistently that any other type of trap.
pekson: you're wrong no character is "fragile"
i know the 2 top necros on battlenet they both have over 2500 hp without any 1.08 gear and still do over 550 bonespirt dmg
same with assassins, you guys dont understand that vitality is (usually) a waste if you have the right vita charms with secondary mods.
pumping str/dex is wheres it at =-)
one of my friends latest assassins doesnt use any 3/20/20's
has 100 vitality (considerably low) and has 1500hp, he has maxed dr with a ber 09 gaze 160/60 , ss, string
and with all of that his damage was well over 10k with all maxed charges..he used ethereal suwayahh of locust (4%ll)
the bartucs is debateable based on what skills you are planning on using...if you are sure you want to be a hybrid use the bartucs, if you want to use pure physical damage i would go with a cruel ethereal, it also depends how much ias you will need if you use a scis suwayahh/suwyahh you will only need
29% ias, which you means you will need 2 sources of ias no matter what you decide (20 ias amulet [cats eye], 15% atleast ias from a jewel {40/15 gaze or instead of 160/60 160/45/15})
the 29% ias is needed for highest speed with a non-elemental atk (7fps) 80% ias needed for 7 fps w/elemental atk
you will need 13% ias to have 7 fps with a dragon type attack
(talon/claw/flight)
an ethereal (200%) bartucs zod'd doesnt need any ias with a non-elemental attack and 0% ias with any dragon atk, and 22% for a elemental atk
the damage for ethereal tucs is (200%)= 160-290(not taking into consideration the +skills ed%/str/dex)
a good ethereal claw can easily attain 300+ damage,
you also have to remember that the claws that are cruel inherently have +skills, so you should keep that in mind if you are in the market for them
btw: the minimum damage is quite low i recently had a cruel 299 claw (scis suwayahh) and that had 160 minimum damage
dont forget about minimum damage max isnt everything (it is you just need to make sure you minimum isnt too low)
in my opinion i would take a cruel over a tuc's any day but then again i dont use hybrids much, so you have to decide for sure if you want to use alot of +skills

hope this helps=-)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2002-11-24, 04:30 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
helped a lot Apoq, thx. Its been copied to NOtebad for reference lol. I know what you mean about Min Dmg. a sword with 150-250 dmg would be much better than a flail with 10-320 dmg, am i right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-25, 05:13 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
well his the expert im just making suggestions.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-25, 08:32 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
yes, you are right shpook
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-11-25, 01:17 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
shpook...your example is unbalanced
10+320=330
150+250=400
my point was more that if you have weapon a and b
a is 100-400 (250 avg)
b is 200-300 (250 avg)
if you continuously used one then the other you would notice the one with the higher minimum tends to lock ( make enemy go through recovery animation) more often..any decent char/build will have alot more than enough to make someone enter the recovery animation but the best have a minimum that could put them in a lock..
i reccomend having over 800 minimum at any given point with a melee character (especially one handers)

hope this helps =-)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Apoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenApoq is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Apoq

Posted 2002-11-27, 12:54 AM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
I know, just threw out random numbers. any idea what a good skill combo for a BowAsn would be? I'm think the typical Art build with a support trap, but not sure. I'm looking for both a Zod'd Eth Tucs and a Cruel Suwayahh of ??? Not sure about suffix yet. I'm prolly gonna use 160/60 max, crafted Asn gloves that my buddy has (+1 skills, +20 dex, 20% IAS, 4% LL, +2 Martial Arts, I think thats the stats) Umm, some bugged boots that i dont know the name of, but just saw them today. SS, Ber'd .08 Gaze, Bugged String, maybe a Viper Torc or Corruption Heart. Still not sure on rings. Windy on the switch. hmmm, anyone suggestions anyone?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook

Posted 2002-11-27, 01:27 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
why berd!
someone else said this..maybe it was you
learn to count!
your setup in terms of dr is
25+43+15=83
75%! is maxed use a shael/um/40/15'd storm!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Apoq

Posted 2002-11-27, 01:31 PM in reply to Shpook's post "Assassin Help..."
oh yeah, good point. ok prolly 40/15 or um then
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shpook