Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Anime Corner

Some manga I was given...
Posted 2009-07-14, 02:07 PM
Well, this one guy where I work seen a bunch of manga being thrown away, so he grabbed 'em out because he figured I would like them. So, I got like, 8 or 9 different books, but they aren't the normal book format... Like they aren't glued and 'spined' in the normal way that you would see them when you buy them from Barnes & Noble or something... They are on copy paper, which is rotated to landscape orientation, and it fits 2 'manga pages' per side of the copy page. THEN it is bound by those stupid black temporary spines that you see in elementary school things (or at least they were at my schools) These If you don't know what I'm talking about...

But yeah, just wondering if you guys have maybe heard of anything on any of these titles:

Pilgrim Jager
Count Cain (I got 2 of these)
Doubt!
Replay Riang Ryu
Princess Tutu
Kanon
Honoka Ni Purple
Meine Liebe (I got 2 of these also)
Otogi Zoshi

I figured if anyone knew about any of these, then it would probably be you guys...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2009-07-14, 05:46 PM in reply to Draco2003's post "Some manga I was given..."
I've heard of Kanon, but it's the title of a game which was made into an anime (which was pretty good). If there's a manga, it's probably an adaptation of the anime (and an adaptation of an adaptaion doesn't sound too appealing to me...).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-07-16, 05:40 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I've heard of Kanon, but it's the title..."
Kanon was amazing.

Good art style. Don't know any of the rest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-07-18, 07:23 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Kanon was amazing. Good art style...."
I have yet to read Kanon, but so far I have read Pilgrim Jager, Count Cain, Meine Liebe, and Otogi Zoshi. I like all of them! Some of the pages have little notes from either the translating team or the original team the put them together... but they are only about 1/3 of the page... I haven't seen anythink like them in the books I picked up at Barnes & Noble... but I didn't buy them, so I can't double check to make sure... x_x

I also found out that Meine Liebe is a GBA game that has been converted into a book.
Otogi Zoshi is kinda like Mulan...

But yeah... so far, I have enjoyed all the ones I have read! Thanks for replying anyways, guys.
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003