Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Anime Corner

Posted 2007-04-09, 09:23 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "...I can barely trek to Slackers right..."
Yeah.. no treking needed. Order online off of the japanese amazon if you need to.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-06-11, 10:17 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yeah.. no treking needed. Order online..."
My first anime was gunslinger girl. I enjoyed it but it's not as good as others
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus

Posted 2008-07-10, 02:57 PM in reply to MidnightsChorus's post starting "My first anime was gunslinger girl. I..."
Bump!

I haven't a clue about my frist anime cartoon (most probably Pokemon, though), but I can remember that the first anime film I watched was Akira. I've since watched Spirited Away, and last Friday I watched Princess Mononoke. Methinks I ought to find the other films the guy who made those two has done, as I really enjoyed the two I've seen.

What's Howl's Moving Castle like?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-10, 03:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Bump! I haven't a clue about my..."
None.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-10, 05:24 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "None."
I watched parts of sailor moon when I was four (my sisters adored that show). But my first anime I think was pokemon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-10, 05:39 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I watched parts of sailor moon when I..."
Sailor Moon was awesome, I don't care what anyone says.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-10, 08:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Sailor Moon was awesome, I don't care..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Sailor Moon was awesome, I don't care what anyone says.
Agreed!

My first anime were DBZ and Pokemon, F*** YEAH!!
I spent like $800 on Pikachu, I ain't ditchin' Him Now!

Next up came Sailor Moon and Yu-Gi-Oh. And I admit, I'm not too proud of Yu-Gi-Oh....
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-12, 10:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Bump! I haven't a clue about my..."
Lenny said: [Goto]

What's Howl's Moving Castle like?

It's got a very deep story and it's executed very nicely. It's a definite watch. Also if you are into mythology from Europe the way their Wizards and Magic/Magick/Arcane Arts/Arcana/Cyto Shaping/Demonic Arts/Craft/Spellcraft/Mysticism/Mystics/Mytic Arts (did I miss a word?) works. It's very old world Britain in a way.

Yes I even put in the scientific word for Magic. Cyto Shaping.

Watch it though.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-12, 02:45 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "what was your first anime?"
kyeruu said: [Goto]
as painfull as it is my first anime was sailor moon
Lol same Sailor Moon.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-12, 03:50 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Lol same Sailor Moon."
my first i say was Yu-Gi-Oh, pokemon or dbz but then when naruto started in the u.s. i watched it.Lenny Spirited Away i watched when it came to the u.s.
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-07-12, 04:11 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "my first i say was Yu-Gi-Oh, pokemon or..."
I think once Yu-Gi-Oh came out anime went downhill.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-12, 06:35 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "It's got a very deep story and it's..."
hotdog said: [Goto]
It's got a very deep story and it's executed very nicely. It's a definite watch. Also if you are into mythology from Europe the way their Wizards and Magic/Magick/Arcane Arts/Arcana/Cyto Shaping/Demonic Arts/Craft/Spellcraft/Mysticism/Mystics/Mytic Arts (did I miss a word?) works. It's very old world Britain in a way.

Yes I even put in the scientific word for Magic. Cyto Shaping.

Watch it though.

How close to the book is it? I read and loved the book, and since I enjoyed the two Miyazaki films I've watched methinks I ought to watch the film.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-12, 07:28 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "How close to the book is it? I read and..."
How close to the book is it? I read and loved the book, and since I enjoyed the two Miyazaki films I've watched methinks I ought to watch the film.
I loved the Film. Not sure about the book though, but so far all the movies by Miyazaki I've loved. ( I think there's like, 3 or 4, right...?)
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-13, 12:25 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop..."
whoa~ He works on alot, eh?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2008-07-13, 07:24 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "How close to the book is it? I read and..."
Never read the book. The films are a must see, although I've only seen 3 of them:
Spirited Away *
Howl's Moving castle *
Princess Mononoke
Castle in the Sky *
Kiki's delivery Service *
My neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

I know for a fact that Kiki's delivery service is a horrible movie (my sister made me watch it). Other than that, all the other ones I've seen were good (asterics on the one's I've watched)

Last edited by Wallow; 2008-07-13 at 07:26 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-13, 10:08 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Never read the book. The films are a..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
Never read the book. The films are a must see, although I've only seen 3 of them:
Spirited Away *
Howl's Moving castle *
Princess Mononoke
Castle in the Sky *
Kiki's delivery Service *
My neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

I know for a fact that Kiki's delivery service is a horrible movie (my sister made me watch it). Other than that, all the other ones I've seen were good (asterics on the one's I've watched)
You're a fool. Kiki's Delivery Service was a pretty good movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-13, 12:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You're a fool. Kiki's Delivery Service..."
kiki's was a nice movie actually, not 5/5 on my eyes, but i'd give it 4/5
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2008-07-15, 03:08 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "kiki's was a nice movie actually, not..."
The one ghibli movie that i didn't really like was whispers of the heart. Just didn't get into it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-07-15, 03:30 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "The one ghibli movie that i didn't..."
My first anime, and I suspect a lot of people's, was Speed Racer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood