Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Anime Corner

Posted 2008-07-08, 01:45 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Too bad they "bowed out.""
Going to watch Strawberry Panic vol 3 when it comes in. Had a credit card issue so it hasn't shipped yet -_-.

Rightstuf has a few of Funimation's Geneon titles up already. Just pre-ordered Karin vol 4, Black lagoon second barrage vol 1 (special edition) and volume 2, and Hellsing Ultimate vol 4. Lucky star volume 2 is on its way soon too followed by volume 2 of Gurren Lagann.

I havn't been reading much manga though
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-07-31, 10:04 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Going to watch Strawberry Panic vol 3..."
I still am watching Shippuden and Bleach every week they come out.
Thankfully the filler arcs in both of them are at a near end
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-02, 12:44 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I still am watching Shippuden and..."
Series called Ghost stories now.

Just got through Moonphase volume 11, strawberry panic novel volume 3, nd some other lesser known random titles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-02, 08:06 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Series called Ghost stories now. ..."
Sovereign said: [Goto]
Series called Ghost stories now.

Just got through Moonphase volume 11, strawberry panic novel volume 3, nd some other lesser known random titles.
Would you recommend any other good anime for me? I'm finishing Full Metal Alchemist but then I'm stuck waiting every week for the shows mentioned earlier
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-04, 03:33 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Would you recommend any other good..."
Black Lagoon, Eureuka 7, and Hellsing Ultimate are all pretty safe bets on kickass stories.

What kind of shows other then naruto and bleach do you like? Also, are you looking for more the old school cel anime or the new computer drawn anime.

Also, off to read Berserk volume 24 and some other random new darkhorse manga that came out this week. :shrug: It had a parental advisory warning, maybe its good
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-06, 02:17 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Black Lagoon, Eureuka 7, and Hellsing..."
Bump. Lucky star volume 2 down, along with Gurren Lagann volume 2. I fucking hate gainax endings though....
What happens to nia is fucking stupid as shit -_-.

On to Maria Watches Over Us (I think its japanese title is Maria-sama ga miteru). I'm at the end of the second episode and it's kinda a snooze fest. Hopefully it gets better...

Oh, and the other random dark horse manga I was talking about... wasn't really that good at all. Kind stupid really and there wasnt much of anything that woudl require a parental advisory.

Got Pumpkin Scissors volume 5 on it's way. Two of Geneons new releases will also be arriving in the next few weeks (Black Lagoon Second Barrage and Karin), along with volume 7 of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Ahhhhhhh funimation I kinda love ya guys for bringing me back some of my fav Geneon series.

Annnnd in manga news, black lagoon volume 1 should be arriving at the bookstore I work at soon!

Last edited by Sovereign; 2008-08-06 at 02:20 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-06, 06:45 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Bump. Lucky star volume 2 down, along..."
I don't care really how old the anime is, just that is has a good story. I hate animes with bad stories, as well as ones with lots of filler arcs. BTW, do you read manga online or do you actually buy them from Japan and ship it to your house?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-06, 01:54 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I don't care really how old the anime..."
Don't watch fansubs and teh only scanlations I read are for Tsubasa and Bleach. Everything else I own as licensed us items.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-21, 08:48 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Don't watch fansubs and teh only..."
Eden: It's An Endless World.

Amazing. Read 1-13 and there are 18. Waiting for the rest to be translated.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-08-21, 11:03 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Eden: It's An Endless World. ..."
I'm doin' some stuff

I'm currently watching!
Simoun
Chobits (Again, even though I finished it a few days ago again :: It's a favorite of mine)
Witch Hunter Robin (Again)
Big O Season 1&2 (Again)
Ikki Tousen
Witch Blade
Naruto Shippuuden
Bleach
Here and There, Now and Then
Elfen Leid

I'm reading!
Berserk
Naruto
Bleach
Claymore

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-08-22, 04:48 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm doin' some stuff I'm currently..."
I want to watch Armitage III: Poly Matrix, Armitage II: Dual Matrix and Full Metal Alchemist. How good is Spirted Away?

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-22, 11:21 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I want to watch Armitage III: Poly..."
spirted away is at least a lot better than nauto
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-22, 11:55 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I want to watch Armitage III: Poly..."
Haha, its funny you mention Armitage. Just got the ova + dual matrix yesterday. Pretty good show.

Just got done watching:

Armitage III
Kare Kano
Princess Tutu
Black Lagoon Second Barrage
Tsubasa.

Rewatching Love Hina atm.

Also just preordered a bunch of other geneon titles.

Karin volume 6.
Familiar of Zero box set
Maho Shojo Lyrical Nanoha Box set.
Negima ova's
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-22, 06:02 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Haha, its funny you mention Armitage. ..."
Man where do you get your anime from? I saw the end of Armitage II: Dual Matrix on teletoon I want to see the series pretty bad, good ending from what I saw.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-22, 11:23 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Man where do you get your anime from? I..."
www.Rightstuf.com

Poly Matrix is just the ova series cut into a single movie btw.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-23, 02:42 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "www.Rightstuf.com Poly Matrix is..."
Do they just mail them to you or do you download them and I'm assuming you cant use a debit card, probobly strickly credit card.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-23, 10:05 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "spirted away is at least a lot better..."
jamer123 said: [Goto]
spirted away is at least a lot better than nauto
uhh, Jamer, Spirited Away was a movie. Naruto and Naruto Shippuden are animes, meaning many episodes...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-08-23, 11:05 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Do they just mail them to you or do you..."
I use a debit mastercard no problem. They mail you dvd's, and they DO ship to canada.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-23, 11:10 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I use a debit mastercard no problem...."
Did you mean debit, mastercard or debit mastercard?

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-08-24, 08:58 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "Did you mean debit, mastercard or debit..."
Just watching Bleach. I just started. Episode 6 now
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin