Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Anime Corner

Dragon Ball Z
Posted 2009-02-20, 08:32 PM
My friend just sent me the "best of Dragon Ball Z" soundtracks, and it in turn made me watch the show again. I wasnt a big fan until a few years ago when i was bored and sick, but the show is actually decent (English V). I really enjoy the Cell series and Majin Bu (sp) series alot, especially the music. Does anybody else still engage in this show?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2009-02-21, 01:11 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Dragon Ball Z"
gruesomeBODY said: [Goto]
My friend just sent me the "best of Dragon Ball Z" soundtracks, and it in turn made me watch the show again. I wasnt a big fan until a few years ago when i was bored and sick, but the show is actually decent (English V). I really enjoy the Cell series and Majin Bu (sp) series alot, especially the music. Does anybody else still engage in this show?
I recently watched DBGT just to finish the series off. I wanted to start on DB and go through again but I haven't found time, what with new games and stuff. I'd love to watch DBZ, especially the later sagas, again. I missed a few episodes towards the end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-02-21, 09:32 AM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post "Dragon Ball Z"
I used to be pretty into it. I really haven't watched much anime since I started playing WoW, actually

Dragonball always amused me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-22, 07:38 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I used to be pretty into it. I really..."
I watched the whole series when I was a kid. Yea, my fav saga was the whole cell saga (including the games) where Gohan kicks his ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-02-22, 08:53 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I watched the whole series when I was a..."
My favorite character is Piccolo. He's cool.

And always ends up dying. Poor guy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-02-22, 11:11 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "My favorite character is Piccolo. He's..."
I was really in DBZ when I was a kid. Now I'm not. However, I still really like the original DB, no Z or GT. I'm just not that into high action shows anymore, they need a better plot now. One thing out of DBZ that I'll always like though is the fact that a lot of characters names translate to a type of food. That and Mr. Satan (Hercules in TV edited version) has the best name.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-02-23, 02:31 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I was really in DBZ when I was a kid. ..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
(Hercules in TV edited version)
I could swear it has Hercule...

WAIT!!!

EDIT: Yep, Hercule.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2013-03-15, 09:38 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I could swear it has Hercule... ..."
^It is Hercule. Mr. Satan just sounds strange and it gets me every time I watch the unedited versions. Having grown up on DBZ on Toonami.

Yeah as a kid I absolutely loved the series. Recently I rewatched a good portion of Dragonball and just a few Sagas from DBZ that I had the itch to watch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kizaru is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKizaru is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kizaru

Posted 2013-03-19, 10:09 PM in reply to Kizaru's post starting "^It is Hercule. Mr. Satan just sounds..."
Always loved the show, even as a kid. It tapped into the whole 'endless possibilities' mantra I had going for the longest time growing up. May be time to check it out again and restart the series over.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2013-03-20, 04:21 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Always loved the show, even as a kid...."
Definitely start with Dragon Ball. Gave me a lot of good laughs and childhood memories.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2013-03-20, 11:56 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Definitely start with Dragon Ball. Gave..."
I think my overall favorite ear of DB/Z/GT is during the Frieza saga.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2013-03-22, 02:10 AM in reply to Kizaru's post starting "^It is Hercule. Mr. Satan just sounds..."
I prefer Dragon Ball over "Z", but like a lot of the characters introduced in DBZ like Goten, Trunks, 18, Gohan, and Pan. Poor Pan only gets to be in a few episodes. And she doesn't even get to be in the Battle of Gods movie.

Kizaru said: [Goto]
^It is Hercule. Mr. Satan just sounds strange and it gets me every time I watch the unedited versions. Having grown up on DBZ on Toonami.
Nothing quite like watching the whole world cheer "Satan!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EpicFinale is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEpicFinale is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EpicFinale

Posted 2013-03-24, 12:27 PM in reply to EpicFinale's post starting "I prefer Dragon Ball over "Z", but like..."
Pan was in the entire DBZ GT series, annoying the heck out of everyone. So it's better that she didn't taint the original series.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2013-03-25, 02:59 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Pan was in the entire DBZ GT series,..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
Pan was in the entire DBZ GT series, annoying the heck out of everyone. So it's better that she didn't taint the original series.
That was not Pan. This is Pan
BORKED

Besides that, GT had bigger issues then Pan, and is retconned by Dragon Ball Online, and possibly by the upcoming "Battle of Gods" movie. As far as I'm concerned GT is not canon. I don't hate GT. It had better pacing, and I do like the ending a little more then that of DBZ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EpicFinale is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEpicFinale is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EpicFinale

Posted 2013-03-25, 03:26 PM in reply to EpicFinale's post starting "That was not Pan. This is Pan..."

^ This is the pan I remember...not the couple of episodes in DBZ.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2013-03-25, 03:48 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "http://www.toei-animation.com/files/visu..."
Exactly. DBZ Pan is so much more entertaining then DBGT Pan. Of course the same could be said for just about the entire cast. Take trunks. Cell Saga- awesome, Buu Saga- adorably precocious kid, DBGT- Brock with less personality.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

EpicFinale

Posted 2013-03-29, 05:24 PM in reply to EpicFinale's post starting "Exactly. DBZ Pan is so much more..."
Indeed count me as one of the people that do not consider GT part of the DBZ universe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kizaru is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKizaru is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kizaru