Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Anime Corner

Sailor Moon Episode review
Posted 2012-05-15, 12:30 AM
I downloaded all 200 episodes of Sailor Moon in Japanese and began watching them as soon as I could.

Episodes 1 and 2:

Usagi (Known as Serena in America) takes on quickly to the idea of being a hero of justice, saying odd things and striking poses without even knowing it. Her hobbies are yelling at people who didn't wake her up earlier and crying really loud. She likes it when you call her "dumpling head" and often has a black cat following her all over town.
Seriously, when she finds out she's a Princess, Chosen Warrior, and has to stop monsters and find the other Princesses, she pretty much says "neat". She pretty much only reacted to the talking cat.

Sound quality and animation seem low, and you can practically smell the 90s style, fashion, and personality. I'm going to see if this progresses with it, or stays the same.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-15, 02:01 AM in reply to Skurai's post "Sailor Moon Episode review"
I am of the opinion that it gets better later on. I've seen a large portion of the episodes, mostly when I was younger.

Also, for whatever reason I found that I actually prefer the dubbed version. This is almost never the case with anime for me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-15, 11:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I am of the opinion that it gets better..."
Well, the dub butchered the story and dialog, so I'm going off the Japanese for now.

Episode 3 and 4 review:
Usagi discovers that Radio Stations have incredibly low security and that lover letters should be delivered in person. She later discovers that 5 kilograms over weight makes you a fucking cow.
Meanwhile, her cat Luna does all the detective work, while Usagi dicks around with her friends all day long. Usagi then takes action, throwing her magic tiara at monsters, which she somehow learn to psychically control and move. A prodigy with ADD.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-15, 01:35 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, the dub butchered the story and..."
I remember watching sailor moon when I was a kid.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-15, 01:46 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I remember watching sailor moon when I..."
I remember renting a buttload of the videos from family video, including the movies. I also remember thinking Sailor Mercury and Mars were cute...

Episode 5, 6, and 7 review:

Usagi learned that you should never buy pets that aren't even real animals. They'll brainwash your brother and make you skip school. She then learns that high frequency sound on moves in one direction, not 360, and that even people in their 30s can fall in love and get married within a week. It's also perfectly fine to give out your secret identity as long as they dedicate their album art to you. Lastly, we find out that the Illuminati kid nap people and brainwash them into thinking their shitty talents are awesome, and that Umino (Melvin in English) looks decent enough in a dress. All 14 year old girls are allowed to skip school, as long as they're famous.
Episode plots and events are fleshing a liiiiittle better, but still pretty slow. Animation quality is a bit higher than the first few episodes, as well.

I've watched up to episode 9, and will stop there for now.
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2012-05-15 at 03:30 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-16, 09:28 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I remember renting a buttload of the..."
In today's episodes (8 and 9) Usagi meets a girl. Luna makes the rude assumption that Usagi's friend is the devil. Computers are evil and bubbles save the day. Episode 9 features tripped time manipulation. Once again, Usagi spends her day being an asshat.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-16, 11:03 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "In today's episodes (8 and 9) Usagi..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-05-17, 09:02 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6159/..."
Grav said: [Goto]
nuff said.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-18, 01:55 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6159/..."
Sadly, episode 8 is where the show seems to start picking up.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-22, 11:46 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "nuff said."
[edited]

Episodes 10 - 13 (edited)

In episode 10, Usagi and Ami decide to take a bus to the middle of fucking nowhere so they can pray to their heathen idols. There, they see the obviously evil Jadite but neglect to recognize him even though his disguise is a different shirt. They also meet some bitch with long fucking hair. Turns out the bus is an evil portal to a soul sucking dimension and that long haired bitch is Sailor Mars and her name is Rei. She's psychic, has magic pieces of paper, and can shit fire, making her infinitely more useful than Sailor Moon.

In episode 11 we find this out for a fact, as Usagi rides the carousel and Rei prevents little boys from riding on rides at the carnival. Meanwhile Ami and Luna are stuck doing all the fucking work. Again. Eventually they learn how to work together, after learning that you should only dream while you're asleep. No, seriously, that was the lesson of the day.

Finally, in episode 12, Ami and Rei have an awkward lesbian date on a boat, while Usagi sneaks on and attempts to seduce Jedite. In the end, they kill his girlfriend and he gets molested furiously by the evil Queen Beryl, for failing his mission.

Episode 13
When Jedite is threatened with the punishment of eternal sleep, his only choice is to destroy the Sailor Warriors and redeem himself. He calls them out to a duel, threatening to destroy Tokyo, if they don't show up. Of course, it was a trap, with police officer clay monsters as mooks. They find out that they're clay that's to Ami (Sailor Mercury) and burn them away thanks to Rei (Sailor Mars), unfortunately they revealed their true identities on accident. Jedite animates an airplane in attempt to run them over, but Tuxedo Mask saves them, brawling with Jedite. The two fall into the ocean, where only Jedite rises, claiming to have killed Tuxedo Mask. He then animates a second airplane, planning to crush them even faster. With some fancy maneuvers thanks to Ami and Luna, they manage to corner Jedite. Usagi attempts to attack him with her own powers, but misses. Fortunately, him dodging force him right into the path of his own airplane, causing him to run himself over.
Tuxedo Mask is okay, bur refuses to reveal himself. Jedite lives as well, returning to Queen Beryl, having obtained the Sailor Warriors true identities. Queen Beryl doesn't give no fucks and freezes him solid, then sends his froze body to another dimension. She then summons Jedites replacement......
Skurai

Last edited by Skurai; 2012-05-22 at 12:19 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-22, 12:26 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "[edited] Episodes 10 - 13 (edited) ..."
The sailor team beats Queen Beryl at the cost of losing their memory of the entire sailor saga.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-22, 12:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The sailor team beats Queen Beryl at..."
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
FUCK YOU
that's supposed to be in all caps.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !King_Amazon! again.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-05-22, 01:48 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "GOD FUCKING DAMMIT FUCK YOU that's..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-23, 08:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I am of the opinion that it gets better..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Also, for whatever reason I found that I actually prefer the dubbed version. This is almost never the case with anime for me.
Dragonball Z was better dubbed in my opinion. The voices were spot on. Then again I think you just prefer what you see first, dubbed or subbed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-05-23, 10:05 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Dragonball Z was better dubbed in my..."
Not necessarily. I saw Gurren Lagann dubbed first, but vastly prefer the subbed version. And I love Yuri Lowenthal.

In today's Sailor Moon trilogy of episodes, 14, 15, and 16...

The guy that replaces Jedite (his name is big and weird, so I don't know it yet) is a total dick. He's disguised himself as a business man and instead of attacking people in mass, he finds individuals, enhances their energy hundred fold using monsters and the power of astrology, then sucks it out of them. I'm pretty sure one of the people died, in episode 15.
Episode 14: The Sailor Warriors learn that it's okay to beat people up with Tennis rackets and balls, as long as you pretend like you don't remember. This episode is pretty cool, because it's only Usagi and Mamoru Tuxedo Mask fighting the monster. We find out a bit more about Tuxedo Mask, for example, he seems to have AIDS.
Episode 15: A occult wiccan tries to protect the forest he lives in, but is turned into a lesbian flower monster, who then molests Sailor Moon and Mercury. Luckily for them Mars is there on a date with Tuxedo Mask Mamoru, who somehow passed out just before she left. Anyways, Lesbian Planet Monster goes back to molesting all three of them when Tuxedo Mask shows up. tl;dr they kill the monster, then go back to vigorously masturbating to Tuxedo Mask. He turns back into Mamoru leaves and Mamoru comes back. They all make fun of Usagi for dating a nerd.
Episode 16: In this episode Asshole McNiggerface brainwashes a perfectly innocent women into becoming a 1980s teenager whore. She then makes a wedding dress and makes everyone fall asleep (wat), but then a giant spider comes out of her cleavage (wat) and the Sailor Warriors, no longer worried about their secret identities, apparently, beat up the spider. Usagi is in a wedding dress for some reason. Uhh... the teacher gets better and gets married.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai