Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post messed up comp
Posted 2003-07-20, 10:51 PM
My computers has been messing up really bad lately. When I try to play a game it will freeze for 30 secs - 1 min and then go normal again. It will do that about every 2 mins. I've tried deleting progs, virus scans and defraging. Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-07-20, 11:00 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Maybe it's your CD rom. That's what it sounds like to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-07-20, 11:18 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Thats what I thought at first when I was playing D2, but now I'm playing Morrowind without the CD and it's still doing the same thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-Bryan- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-07-21, 09:53 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Did you recently fill up your hard drive?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-21, 11:43 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
No, I still have almost half of it left.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-07-21, 12:50 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Download any Windows updates recently?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-21, 01:34 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Defrag, if all else fails, throw your computer out and get a new one... or reformat, which ever you prefer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-07-21, 02:03 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
I haven't downloaded any updates for a while, and I've tried defraging many times. I think I'll just have to reformat the stupid thing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-07-23, 06:08 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Well, one thing that you could do is make sure your computer is not overheating, I know it sounds weird, but the same thing was happeneing to my friend, one of his ram sticks was actually starting to melt, it was way too hot. But, that usually only happens if you upgrade your computer without knowing the running temp.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-07-23, 08:04 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Well, my computer is extremely loud, could that be a sign of it overheating?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-07-23, 08:49 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Well a few things can cause your computer to be loud, a wire could be touching the cpufan and it could make a buzz, or most likely the noise comes from the fan's spinning.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2003-07-25, 07:57 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
same thing happen to my. Try to back up your computer setting to when it's not acting up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-07-25, 08:44 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
I would do that but my computer is always doing that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Bryan-

Posted 2003-07-25, 09:38 PM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
Your hard drive might be dying, they tend to make loud, obnoxious noises when they're about to croak. Better put another one and copy all your important files to it, or just burn them to cds.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-28, 05:57 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
open ur computer case, tower (whatever u like to name it)

then just go play a game or whatever and look for anything odd thats happening, also check the heat coming from various parts
maybe u can find ur source of the problem that way
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-07-28, 07:16 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
undeadzombieguy said:

then just go play a game or whatever and look for anything odd thats happening, also check the heat coming from various parts
That sounds like one of the stupidest ideas i've ever heard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-28, 07:40 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
uncapped said:
undeadzombieguy said:

That sounds like one of the stupidest ideas i've ever heard.
at least its an idea, im just trying to help

why is it stupid ? Maybe something is a little bit loose, there's no harm done by just opening the case and checking everything is OK
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-07-28, 08:59 AM in reply to -Bryan-'s post "messed up comp"
actually there is harm done to the electrical components, when you open your case and your hardware is unprotected from esd shocks you can fvck up your motherboard quite easily.I'm not dising you though, just thought i'd tell ya esd can ruin components. But, most likely, nothing will happen.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V