Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Naruto
Posted 2003-10-12, 08:27 AM
Gaahh, why isn't there a thread on this yet?

This is one of my favorite animes, and it's still being produced, and probably will be for a while since the manga isn't done either.

The storyline is basically about ninjas living in hidden villages, and each major country has a hidden village. Rather than the countries using armies, they use their ninja to fight. The show focuses on a few main characters, but mostly Naruto. He's a rather unconventional ninja who happens to have a demon sealed within him. Other main characters include Sasuke, who is supposedly the last survivor of the Uchiwa (spelling seems to differ) clan of ninjas, and was the #1 rookie of their hidden village. Sakura is the obligatory annoying anime female of the group, and Kakashi is the trainer for the three kids.

The anime reminds me of Trigun in the way it has random humor thrown about, but never during really serious moments.

If I can devote an entire GIF section to it, they must have done something right!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-10-12, 09:16 AM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
I keep looking around for it on newsgroups, but I can only find episodes 6-16. I 'd like to find the first 5...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-12, 12:04 PM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
there was a thread about this a while ago

kazaa is a big help uncapped

I started watching the anime, and not long ago I also started to read the manga which is now at chapter 187 (I read 120 chapters in 2 days :S). The manga and anime have a similair storyline so I already know whats going to happen in the anime but still I really like watching it.

EDIT : all naruto manga's here

Last edited by undeadzombieguy; 2003-10-12 at 01:48 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-10-12, 12:31 PM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
Sure, why not.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-10-12, 05:35 PM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
Indeed, we did have a thread about this not too long ago. =)

I've got the first 53 episodes, can't wait till next Friday to download 54. =)
A+ Certified PC Tech Guy/Seitentaisei
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sqrl

Posted 2003-10-12, 10:55 PM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
Not a bad show at all. I love mixtures of action and comedy.

undead, that link's a gray area. Transcans are only "semi-legal" until the manga's licensed. Thankfully, Naruto hasn't been
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-13, 02:25 AM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
Um..... the Naruto manga is licensed actually. It appears monthly in shonen Jump, and the first volume is also available in Graphic Novel form from Shonen Jump as well.

That reminds me, I haven't read it yet even thoug I've had it for a week. =D
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSqrl is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Sqrl

Posted 2003-10-13, 08:07 AM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
I don't read Shonen Jump. It's not available around here.

Well, as long as those are scanlations and not the official English one they can stay.

Heck, I've been reading them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-13, 11:18 AM in reply to Grav's post "Naruto"
And I intend to read them as well, since I'm too impatient to wait.

Just wanted to point out that it is indeeed licensed. =)

Also, if your in Canada or the US you can subscrive to Shonen Jump, if not then you'll have to wait. But the actual Graphic Novel volumes that Shonen Jump puts out are available from Amazon.

They also have Graphic Novels for Dragonball, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, and Yu Yu Hakusho available. With a few more titles on the way, so right now it's actually good times for peopel interested in Manga outside of Japan in the English countries. =D
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sqrl