Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post the bible
Posted 2007-09-05, 08:12 PM
ok, so many of you guys say the bible is crap, it's not real, it contradicts it self. Well the words in the bible were inspired by god, and the message it gives us can grant us eternal life!

What i'm basically saying is, i found out a few answers to what people mostly think of the bible, i'll start with 1 and you guys can ask any other things you may like, i'll answer as best as i can using the bible it' self.

#1 The bible was written by men.
well yeah, that's true, infact. 40 different men participated in it's writting, but it was inspired by god.

What does that mean? it means that god directed the writings of it through the 40 participants, like the same way a boss of a big company, tells his secretary to write things down for a letter, sure, the secretary wrote the letter, but it's the boss' thoughts that are in it.

The idea of receiving messages from someone who's there, out of our reach, is something that's not surprising, even humans have sent messages and images from the moon. How? Taking advantage of the laws that god himself established oh so long ago.

But, how can we be sure that the bible has god's real thoughts in it?
Well, it contains information that could no have originated from a human source. What kind you may ask? Detailed information about the future, and this information has resulted to be completly exact.

for example, in jeremia, 49:17, 18: (i can't translate well so i'll just put the basics here), it says that edom was going to be point of humiliation. All who would go past her, would stare, and whistle with motive of all its' plagues, justily, like the fall of sodoma and gomorra and it's neighboring villages, Jehova has said:" no man shall live there ever again"(this was writen and completed by the year 580 B.C.)

when it came true: judas macabeo(lol) got rid of the edomitas from palestine in the age 2 B.c (siglo=age...um not sure)and in 109 B.C john hircano, caudile macabeo, exteded teh kingdom of judas to thepoint of incluing part of the occidental lands of edomitas.

IN the age 1 Bc the roman expansion ended with the last vestigios of the independence of edomitas. Later on the romans destroyed JErusalen in 70 AD
the name Idumea[edom] disappeared from history (the new funk and wagnalls encyclopedia, 1952, tome 11, page 4114)

NOTE: the coming true of this extends until OUR days. In any matter it is impossible to argue that the profecy had been written AFTER these events occured.

like i said, i'll try to answer anythign else you might throw at me, WOW i did WAY to much research, lazy time for 5 hours now......oh and since i did so much work using good grammar
I WANT MY COOKIE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:16 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "the bible"
That's dandy. Too bad Christians don't follow the teachings of it though.

Trivia: God killed thousands more people in the Bible than Satan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:17 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That's dandy. Too bad Christians don't..."
you...you actually READ the whole thing???
oh and, god had a reason, those people disobediently went against him, they deserved to die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:27 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "you...you actually READ the whole..."
kyeruu said:
you...you actually READ the whole thing???
oh and, god had a reason, those people disobediently went against him, they deserved to die.
The fact that he just annihilated thousands of his children in a fit of pique that they weren't following his every order to the letter doesn't register as mildly disturbing to you? Why would he give us Free Will if we were meant to be slavishly adhering to his orders and living only to exist in his glory?

We should lobby for a Theological Social Services imo, maybe get taken to a foster universe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:34 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The fact that he just annihilated..."
cuase HE created US, we dont 'even deserve to be alive, so if someone created you, you wuld gain power over that person and make that person your equal? lol, that doesn't make sense, the children did now die for not listening, they died becuase of the parents, what parents do or did agaisnt god, are completely related to the children, bad parents, the parensts generation must die as well.
it's a symbolic sentence, which is actually pretty hard to understand XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:50 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "cuase HE created US, we dont 'even..."
I don't know, if we're created in his image and given free will to think with, it sounds more like god wanted companionship, which implies a level of respect and equality.

Then again, he may have tried to make us to slavishly adhere to his Word and live in his glory like his angels. You should check out how well that worked out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-05, 08:56 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't know, if we're created in his..."
I would rather read everything that people wrote that was inspired by god then what the catholic church says i should read. By them not allowing us to read every single writing that has ever been created and inspired by god, it makes our religion feel like a secret society. But thats just me. I still go to a catholic college and went to a catholic highschool and read the bible twice
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:34 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't know, if we're created in his..."
Vollstrecker said:
I don't know, if we're created in his image and given free will to think with, it sounds more like god wanted companionship, which implies a level of respect and equality.

Then again, he may have tried to make us to slavishly adhere to his Word and live in his glory like his angels. You should check out how well that worked out.
well you have to take in mind the simple and most important question here,
HE created US, it's like a father with a children, thanks to mom and dad, sonny boy was born, now sonny born was his parents to treat him as an equal, and not put any law over him becuase they're both human!
hmm...that doesnt make sense to me, i think the son should do what ever the father tells him to, because his father, until the boy is an adult, has control over him, and slowly gives him more freedom as he grows up,it's the same as with us, HE created us and now we want to be his equal? that makes no sense, he gave us free will, and all he asks us to do is to follow his simple commands, the point is that with all the things this world offers, it's kinda hard to follow his words.
But the main point is, he created us because he wanted to give life to us, and now we want him to lower him self to our status, LOL he doesn't even needed to create us in the first place, he could have us like animals living by instinct having sex, and hunting for food like a savage beast, but he didn't do that, since god is love, he gave us the chance to live our life, of ofcourse showing alittle gratitud to him.

And the celestial war that ocurred in 1914 (same as the 1st world war) was all because at the beginning of everything, 1 angel (satan, lucifer, how ever you wanna call him, its' the same loser)
was jealous of gods power, and got envious, and asked, why dont' I have power? why can't i govern over all the angels but he does? the answer is simple, god created jesus, then he created all the angels and that included satan, satans rebelious intent, and selfishly looking for power, decided to well, rebel against god, and made adan's wife(eve) eat of the tree that god told them not too, which in personally i think that's a pretty easy concept, god goes:"you can eat anything from any tree and sleep and w/e you want, but you must not eat this tree, this lone tree"
i mean there's like millions of trees in the world, and you just HAd to eat the one he told you not too? (lol).
Thanks to that selfish impulse, god symbolicly condemned the serpet(refering to satan) and then made man live on earth, working for his food and his survival, and to live with his sin till the day he died, and that's how the story of the bible begins, and so on.

i'll also be posting WHy people think the bible contradicts it self later on, if you find that interesting just pm me and i'll post it.

Last edited by kyeruu; 2007-09-06 at 09:41 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:38 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "well you have to take in mind the..."
What about evolution?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:57 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "What about evolution?"
D3V said:
What about evolution?
ah yes, evolution, the scientific way the human race was created.
Ok, here's the bible explanation to evolution, 1st and most importantly, evolution is not real, here's why.

The scientific method is the following: observe, form a hypothesis based on observation, test the theory through aditional observations, experimentsd, and watch to see if the predictions come true. Is that the method that those who believe in evolution follow and teach?

the astronomer Robert Jastrow says: for personal reason, [scientists]
don't have a clear answer, becuase the chemicals have never been able to succesfully reproduce experiments from nature over the creation of life from inanimated matter. The scientists don't know how evolution really happened.
(The enchanted loom: mind in the universe, newyork, 1981, page 19.)

The evolutionists Loren Eiseley accepted the following fact: "After straighting out the teologics for trusting mith and miracles, science has found it self in a envidous position of having to create it's own mithology: to know, the suposition of what is beind of many hard ships, could not have been proved, that what happened now, in reality, could have taken place in the primitive land.(the immense journey NY,1957, page 199)

according to the magazine NEW SCIENTIST: "an increasing amount of sceintists and most particularly an increased number of evolutionists [...]
present the argument of the theory of evolution of darviniana, is not genuinly a scientific theory [...] Many of the critics have the most elevated intelectual credentials" (june 25 1981 page 828)

The physics master (or teacher i can't remember) H. S. Lipson said: "The only explication acceptable is creation. I know that this is anatheme for the physic (people w/e i can't rmember how to translate it) like in fact it is for me, but we can't ignore the theory that we don't like, if the experimental proof supports it. (physics bulleting, 1980, Vol. 31, page 138)
hope that answers some questions, i still got more info waiting!.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-06, 10:29 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "ah yes, evolution, the scientific way..."
In Science, unlike religion, twenty years can pass and thinking can change dramatically. If you are going to give uotes and what not, at least gives us quotes from the past couple of years, not 1981, 1980 or 1957.

Oh, and I have to say: This thread does not deliver.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-09-06, 01:22 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "ah yes, evolution, the scientific way..."
kyeruu said:
evolution is not real
Once again you've demonstrated the undeniable: You're an idiot!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-06, 02:58 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Once again you've demonstrated the..."
I mean I'm a christian, but I also believe the Bible is basically stories we should use and gain wisdom from to better our lives. The Bible as well as Scientists contradict themselves, I don't really know what to believe anymore.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-06, 03:56 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I mean I'm a christian, but I also..."
D3V said:
The Bible as well as Scientists contradict themselves, I don't really know what to believe anymore.
Well, scientists contradict each other. And in light of new evidence a new theory may become the accepted paradigm. However, that is nothing compared to the internal inconsistencies of the Bible, along with it's blatant misrepresentation of scientific fact.

And the Bible is a pernicious source for wisdom or ethics. Those that seek to gain either from the Bible have either not read the Bible, are wicked, are self-deluding, or a combination of the three.

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-09-06 at 04:06 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-06, 07:04 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Well, scientists contradict each other...."
MJ spares no christian!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:14 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "MJ spares no christian!"
what? you expect me to get some kind of imaginary information from 2000-2007? if in these recent years there's been no info about the bible and evolution what do you want me to do? make it up? and as for somethings the bible does not contradict it self, ok?

sure i've heard lots of people say that the bible contradicts it self, but i've read it countless of times, and i've never really found any contradiction, what i have found is that either people mistake, the bibles symbolism and that the bible leaves questions that remain kinda, unanswered, for example:
Where did cain obtain his wife? the only humans were adam,eve, ebel, (which cain killed) and cain himself, and if those were the only humans at the time, where did cain get a wife? the point is that the bible only focuses on important facts of life, because, Who really cares if cain had a wife or not? that has nothing to do with the message the bible gives and such it is not written in the bible.

IF you say (MJ) that the bible has blatant misinterpretations of scientific facts, that is probably because, the bible doesn't focus on science, but when it talks about it, it's perfectly accurate, for example:

in Isaias (spanish-english translation i realy suck at that) 40:22: it says
"There's one that lives on the circle of the earth"(once again bad translation methods) in the time the bible was written, the idea of the earth was, that it was flat, it wasn't until over 200 years later that a group of greek astronomers made a conclusion that the earth was probably sphere-like, and after over 300 years 1 greek astronomer calculated the aproximate ratio of the earth. But not even by those times, was the idea of earth sphere-like, people kept thinking it was flat, only in our times, has in NOW, when humans created air planes, and the oh so famous air ship, and a man went to the moon and THEN when he saw the world being like a giant ball, THEN only then humans got the idea, oh look, it IS round like a ball!!! and hundreds and hundreds of years ago, the bible said so omfg!.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2007-09-06, 09:53 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "what? you expect me to get some kind of..."
kyeruu said:
if in these recent years there's been no info about the bible and evolution what do you want me to do?
There has been.

Quote:
and as for somethings the bible does not contradict it self, ok?
It does.

First inconsistency I find with the Old Testament:

Please tell me chronologically how the world was created.

First inconsistency in the New Testament:

Please tell me how many generations from Jesus to Abraham.

Quote:
sure i've heard lots of people say that the bible contradicts it self, but i've read it countless of times, and i've never really found any contradiction,
I just pointed out two from the first pages of their respective sections.

Quote:
the point is that the bible only focuses on important facts of life,
Genealogies are important?!

Even better, pleasing a megalomaniacal God by worshiping only him is important to human life?

Quote:
in Isaias (spanish-english translation i realy suck at that) 40:22: it says
"There's one that lives on the circle of the earth"(once again bad translation methods) in the time the bible was written, the idea of the earth was, that it was flat, it wasn't until over 200 years later that a group of greek astronomers made a conclusion that the earth was probably sphere-like, and after over 300 years 1 greek astronomer calculated the aproximate ratio of the earth. But not even by those times, was the idea of earth sphere-like, people kept thinking it was flat, only in our times, has in NOW, when humans created air planes, and the oh so famous air ship, and a man went to the moon and THEN when he saw the world being like a giant ball, THEN only then humans got the idea, oh look, it IS round like a ball!!! and hundreds and hundreds of years ago, the bible said so omfg!.
Moby Dick makes some pretty accurate statements too.

Quote:
IF you say (MJ) that the bible has blatant misinterpretations of scientific facts, that is probably because, the bible doesn't focus on science, but when it talks about it, it's perfectly accurate
Quote:
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: 2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 ¶ And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. 2 Pet. 3.5 And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 ¶ And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 ¶ And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 ¶ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, 1 Cor. 11.7 after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Mt. 19.4 · Mk. 10.6
28 And God blessed them, Gen. 5.1, 2 and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Self-owned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-06, 10:18 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "That's dandy. Too bad Christians don't..."
Vollstrecker said:
Trivia: God killed thousands more people in the Bible than Satan.
"The God of the old testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction. Jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak. A vindictive, blood-thirsty ethnic cleanser. A misogynistic, racist, homophobic, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

-Richard Dawkins

Last edited by Demosthenes; 2007-09-07 at 07:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-09-07, 06:32 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting ""The God of the old testament is..."
mjordan2nd said:
"The God of the old testament is the most unpleasant character in all of fiction. Jealous and proud of it. A petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak. A vindictive, blood-thirst ethnic cleanser. A misogynistic, racist, homophobic, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

-Richard Dawkins
i love this quote
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-09-07, 08:10 AM in reply to kyeruu's post "the bible"
kyeruu, this was a bad subject to bring here. I believe the Bible to be true, but I'll keep out of this. You all will try to brainwash me into your beliefs/nonbeliefs instead of letting me keep mine.

Well, the Old Testament God was a pretty mean guy. You'd be pissed too if your chosen people kept on fucking up and making other false gods. Wouldn't agree with that biased quote though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven