Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Posted 2007-08-05, 09:21 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "I can't argue with you. All of your..."
I don't understand the majority of lots of things, to be honest.

What I posted above is just complete speculation and, in most points, worst case scenario.

T'would make a brilliant plot for some kind of political thriller film, wouldn't it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-05, 09:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I don't understand the majority of lots..."
Go read The Sum Of All Fears by Tom Clancy

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-05, 09:43 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Go read The Sum Of All Fears by Tom..."
Buggerage. And I thought I was on to something unique and new.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-06, 09:51 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Buggerage. And I thought I was on to..."
The only reason the U.S.A doesn't want other people with nukes is because then the U.S can't threaten people with them. I mean we all saw the wars American fought and Americans seem to have a high death rate in war. Especially the Korean War good god China kicked American ass with a fucking spoon and thats exactly what the U.S fears, having to fight a conventional war with men and women against a country that actually has SOLDIERS. A soldier would shoot a hostage to kill his enemy, a soldier would shoot a traitor without hesitation, a soldier doesn't PLAY WITH LITTLE NATIVE KIDS BY TAKING HIS ARMOR OFF AND PUTTING IT ON THEM, and a soldier does not care about their enemies in any way and do not fight for their country they fight to survive and they kill for money. This American bullshit you call a war is a joke and any other country would have been done YEARS ago. Why? Because they have SOLDIERS! Not men and women. HUGE difference.

Lenny you should know what being a soldier entails if you british actually have good history classes. A soldier is the modern knight and knights were just as ruthless.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2007-08-06, 10:33 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The only reason the U.S.A doesn't want..."
If I remember right Knights had their own code of honor. I wouldn't consider them ruthless. Then again, that could just be a load of shit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-06, 11:08 AM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The only reason the U.S.A doesn't want..."
Depends which period said knights were from. Sure, they were all ruthless when it came to it, but some periods more than others.

Take the Crusades - can't remember which crusade it was, but a group of Knights (English, European) completely massacred a town of thousands of men, women and children. Absolute bloodbath.

William of Normandy's Knights razed the North of England on William's order because or something or other... slips my mind what it was. That was bad for the economy, big style.

Oliver 'Ironsides' Cromwell and his army (whilst not Knights in the strictest sense, they were close enough. Early muskets, aye, but the footsoldiers also had swords and pikes, and the cavalry had swords) decimated the Irish during their rebellions. Another massacre.

When most people think of Knights, I'll bet your bottom dollar that they think of Knights such as those of King Arthur. Tudor Knights, Stuart Knights. High on Chivalry. Jousting tournaments, Lady's favours (that is, silk scarves and what not), Quests to Finde Ye Olde Objecte. The Knights of Fairy Tales.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-06, 01:33 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Depends which period said knights were..."
Real soldiers are Cossacks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-06, 04:25 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The only reason the U.S.A doesn't want..."
hotdog said:
Lenny you should know what being a soldier entails if you british actually have good history classes. A soldier is the modern knight and knights were just as ruthless.
The Knight was a representative of their Lord, they were only as ruthless as their Lord allowed or they would be outcast, basically a free target for all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-07, 09:38 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Which superpower is going to nuke us?"
I don't think anyone is going to nuke us. If anyone does, it will be North Korea, and they'd have to be pretty dumb to trade their bargaining chip for a crater the size of Rhode Island. That being said, I think China has something up their sleeve. It would not be a physical attack obviously.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2007-08-07, 05:01 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "The only reason the U.S.A doesn't want..."
hotdog said:
The only reason the U.S.A doesn't want other people with nukes is because then the U.S can't threaten people with them. I mean we all saw the wars American fought and Americans seem to have a high death rate in war. Especially the Korean War good god China kicked American ass with a fucking spoon and thats exactly what the U.S fears, having to fight a conventional war with men and women against a country that actually has SOLDIERS. A soldier would shoot a hostage to kill his enemy, a soldier would shoot a traitor without hesitation, a soldier doesn't PLAY WITH LITTLE NATIVE KIDS BY TAKING HIS ARMOR OFF AND PUTTING IT ON THEM, and a soldier does not care about their enemies in any way and do not fight for their country they fight to survive and they kill for money. This American bullshit you call a war is a joke and any other country would have been done YEARS ago. Why? Because they have SOLDIERS! Not men and women. HUGE difference.

I'd like to see the Chinese death counts from the Korean war. Before the Chinese intervened we beat the Koreans all the way to the Chinese border. After that we were pushed back into a stalemate. Imo we should have cleaned out China while we had a chance. Too bad the Russians wouldn't allow it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-07, 05:17 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'd like to see the Chinese death..."
Yeah, taking on the 2 biggest nations in the world during the Cold War would've been a good way to get a lot of people nuked by both sides.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-11, 06:58 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'd like to see the Chinese death..."
The Chinese lost 100,000 while we lost a shitload of tanks planes oil and general supplies as well as 80,000 men. Of course the Chinese only lost those men at the last leg of the war because they ran through mine fields at the end and apparently whoever was in charge at that point had enough brains to fight like a spider monkey and use traps. So all in all we lost about 8 billion and the chinese lost....what? twenty bucks a BB gun? times that by 100k. It's about the net loss not the individual battle. The fact that we lost so much more monetarily and that our society believes people who go to war and people who lose loved ones in war are supposed to become mental made us the losers of that one. Some 200,000 families traumatized and the time it took for the Chinese to kick our asses boosted their morale and crushed ours. FYI Russia did not stop shit from happening to China to avoid war between China and the US they stopped it because they knew the Chinese would use that as an excuse to attack Russia and other surrounding countries. My father was there when the Chinese lined up on the Russian border and intimidated the Russians into de-mobilizing the border army.

Beileve me when I say even the US fears China because it's true. The proof is that the US is trying to put bases surrounding China in Asia right now.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog