Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Which superpower is going to nuke us?
Posted 2007-08-02, 09:07 AM
I'm serious, which one is going to? I'm sure the entire world is fed up with Bush's bullshit. If you live in Texas and are within 50 miles of where Bush lives, GET THE FUCK OUT! That will probably be the number one target after his presidency is over, assuming he doesn't get assassinated before then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-02, 09:59 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Which superpower is going to nuke us?"
I don't think anyone who would really has the capabilities right now. North Korea would probably gladly nuke us if they could, but they can't even get to us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-02, 10:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think anyone who would really..."
If someone nukes us, it doesn't really matter where you live. Everybody dies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-02, 11:08 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "If someone nukes us, it doesn't really..."
What mj said.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-02, 11:11 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "Which superpower is going to nuke us?"
It aint too much changed here today, seems like its never gon' get better
Wonder if ill ever get to live in peace
These days of our lives, they keep on gettin shorter every time
Then I realize, that it won't be too long before,
We wake up and the world is gone,
And it won't mean no World War, it'll be Armageddon for sure
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-08-02, 11:36 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "It aint too much changed here today,..."
I highly doubt it will be a super power that nukes us. It will be a smaller radical country that gets their hands on a nuke and manages to detonate it on American soil. I highly doubt China/Russia/ European nations are dumb enough to nuke us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-08-02, 11:49 AM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "I highly doubt it will be a super power..."
I'm thinking that Libya actually has demolition trucks (like in CnC Red Alert:2), and they will drive them throughout Europe, turning them into a smoking crater. Too bad they don't know how to make planes yet. :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-02, 12:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think anyone who would really..."
Nah, they'd nuke Japan before they'd nuke us.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2007-08-02, 01:25 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Nah, they'd nuke Japan before they'd..."
Yeah more than likely. I'm guessing we're going to have an internal war, somebody that is "American" is going to do something like this.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-08-03, 05:21 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah more than likely. I'm guessing..."
No one will nuke us. Trust me, no one is that stupid. We aren't even that stupid to use that type of force. MJ is right on the money.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-08-03, 12:44 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "No one will nuke us. Trust me, no one..."
Titusfied said:
No one will nuke us. Trust me, no one is that stupid. We aren't even that stupid to use that type of force. MJ is right on the money.
Agreed. I think if anyone were to start nuking it would be NK, but they are dumb enough to try that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifegruesomeBODY shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

gruesomeBODY

Posted 2007-08-03, 03:41 PM in reply to gruesomeBODY's post starting "Agreed. I think if anyone were to start..."
As far as I know, I don't think they have the technology capabilities to even nuke Hawaii. My dad used to work in the pentagon, and said that North Korea is still pretty behind on that technology.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-08-05, 01:19 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "As far as I know, I don't think they..."
The problem is, the people desperately trying to get their hands on nukes right now are the same people who would welcome the end of the world.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2007-08-05, 04:00 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "The problem is, the people desperately..."
What is our method of reprisal for a nuclear detonation on U.S. soil against an extremist multinational organization?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-08-05, 05:34 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What is our method of reprisal for a..."
Light taunting
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-08-05, 05:51 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What is our method of reprisal for a..."
Willkillforfood said:
What is our method of reprisal for a nuclear detonation on U.S. soil against an extremist multinational organization?
Realistically, or what would our current leadership do in retaliation?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-08-05, 07:11 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What is our method of reprisal for a..."
I imagine there'd be a couple of months of saying how terrible the act was, how it was an atrocious act against not only those who died, but America herself, how that the people who carried out the attack needed to be crushed now before it could happen again... and then you'd invade five or six countries with small ties to said organisation . However, you'd not go it alone. Britain would tag along like the fucking lapdog Blair made us, whilst the rest of Europe would follow Russia and France as they veto their way out of conflict causing the UN to refuse to sanction the war, making it illegal... which wouldn't mean anything or stop anyone.

At least, that's what I think your current administration might do.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-05, 08:05 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I imagine there'd be a couple of months..."
Really? My guess is we'd nuke the shit out of four or five countries.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2007-08-05, 08:40 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Really? My guess is we'd nuke the shit..."
Nuke four or five countries and you've got the rest of the world against you.

There are already places like N. Korea, China, Iran that are supposedly developing their own nuclear weapons. Then you've got the terrorists who'd be able to either acquire their own nuclear weapon, or do something with the nuclear plants/nuclear waste around the world. Either they bomb the nuclear plants and cause untold choas, or they acquire some of the nuclear waste and make a dirty bomb with it - set off a sizeable dirty bomb in the middle of an American city (or anyone allied with America) and you've not only killed however many hundreds of people with the initial blast, but there's also the fact that the blast will have acted like a giant sneeze and sent out a giant wave of radioactive material for quite a distance, effectively harming the majority of people within the blast radius, a bit further out, too, and shutting down an American city. Imagine if they did it in New York. The damage would be catastrophical!

As for other countries who might be clever enough to not use nukes - France, Germany, Italy, Russia, other European countries. Between them they can effectively control the UN. Look at what happened years ago when Bush decided to go to war in Iraq. The support for America was almost non-existent.

Add to the fact that there's a second Cold War quietly brewing (Russia planted a flag on the oil-rich sea-bed under the North Pole a few days ago, and are now claiming the territory as their own)... well, America has got to tread very carefully. Nukes would not only make the terrorists fight fire with fire, but the rest of the world would not exactly attack America, but they can cut you off.

Nukes, then, are out of the question, I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-08-05, 09:16 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nuke four or five countries and you've..."
I can't argue with you. All of your points are valid, Lenny. But I don't think you understand the extent of American chauvinism.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Demosthenes