Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Claymore
Posted 2007-05-08, 01:34 PM
Claymore is set in a universe of swords and castles where demons walk the earth and feed on humans. The demons are incredibly strong, and can disguise themselves as humans, so the Organization came up with a way to give a human demonic strength and senses by putting demon parts into humans. Claymores, they are called by others, probably because each carries a huge sword; silver-eyed witch, they are called behind their backs because of their characteristic silver eyes and their inhuman speed and strength. These women devoted their lives to slaying demons at a young age with the full knowledge that eventually their demonic power would consume them and that they themselves would have to be slain. The story follows a claymore by the name of Claire, and a boy she rescued who travels with her as a cook.

This series is quite good and I'm always excited to watch each episode after I get it. Pictures later.

Plot progresses through:
70% Aggression
10% Socialization
15% Investigation
5% Introspection

Comedy:
100% Serious
0% Comedic

Episodic:
10% Episodic
90% Sequential

Last edited by WetWired; 2007-05-25 at 10:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-08, 06:24 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
Sounds pretty good...maybe I'll check it out. Are there Youtube vids?
"Ban shampoo, demand real poo"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSlyvr enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Slyvr

Posted 2007-05-08, 09:05 PM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Sounds pretty good...maybe I'll check..."
Apparently not.
It's being subbed by Eclipse, mahou, and Froth-bite.
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/986.html
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-09, 12:56 AM in reply to Slyvr's post starting "Sounds pretty good...maybe I'll check..."
There's a manga too it too, and it gets pretty weird . I wonder if the anime will get to the part of the manga that I read. According to the opening, it may.

It's a good action series though, GO WATCH. The delete key is free anyway.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-09, 08:21 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "There's a manga too it too, and it gets..."
Does it get away from the normal missions?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-09, 09:42 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Does it get away from the normal..."
I've only gotten a chance to read one volume that was rapidsearch linked on 4chan.

Claire goes bankai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-10, 07:39 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I've only gotten a chance to read one..."
I watched all the episodes last night and I've got to say ...I was pretty impressed. Not a bad anime at all.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-10, 11:12 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I watched all the episodes last night..."
Yeah, the only bad thing is I hate how Raki says her name for some reason.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-11, 08:11 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yeah, the only bad thing is I hate how..."
I'm wondering what they look like naked since it's so nasty, supposedly.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-11, 10:06 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm wondering what they look like naked..."
I'm sure we'll find out, eventually.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-11, 05:23 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I'm wondering what they look like naked..."
Ok, so, I knew that there was a manga,but I didn't know it was being released in teh US by viz. I went to work today. I was early. I went to the manga section and started browsing it, like I have done at least 20 times before. It was this 21st time that I noticed it....

Bought volumes 1-4 which sorta sees to leave me off where the anime is. I was flipping thjrough and found the part where she rips her shirt open and say s "if you want THIS go ahead". There was nothing shown .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-11, 05:46 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Ok, so, I knew that there was a..."
Aww. I tell you what, just off the contours of their bodies I'd take a few scars to get with those mamas =P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-14, 10:03 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Aww. I tell you what, just off the..."
The next episode made it sound like she's just horribly scarred. Probably just combat injuries. I mean, look what Clare survived in the 2nd episode.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2007-05-14, 04:16 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "The next episode made it sound like..."
Mmm, the little boy will become a claymore. The first male one to not abuse his power =x! Nah, I doubt it ...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-14, 08:51 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post starting "The next episode made it sound like..."
Well that and didn't they say that the Claymores are part yoma?

Ewwww!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-15, 03:36 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Well that and didn't they say that the..."
Sovereign said:
Well that and didn't they say that the Claymores are part yoma?

Ewwww!!
They're like half yoma. That's alright ...that seems to only be when they're fighting yoma that they materialize some of the traits.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-15, 11:09 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
claymore3.jpg claymore2.jpg claymore1.jpg claymore4.jpg claymore5.jpg
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-22, 09:36 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "4318 4319 4320 4321 4322"
Just marathoned the manga over a few days. Learned a LOT about clares past and learned something very interesting about her (wnt spoil it :P) The next volume comes out next month I think, can't wait.

(only bad thing so far has been the fact that every one of the chars that I want to stay alive ends up being killed, excluding raki and clare.)

EDIT: got 8 today!

Last edited by Sovereign; 2007-05-24 at 02:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-25, 10:27 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
My first impression was wrong. This show is very much sequential.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2007-07-07, 09:47 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Claymore"
Volume 9=holy shit.
This series just keeps getting better. I don't see how they manage.

I've bought all the manga, BTW. I couldn't stand to wait any longer.

Last edited by WetWired; 2007-07-07 at 09:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired