Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2004-06-16, 06:41 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The Anchorman Dodgeball The Bourne..."
Omg yeah I saw the trailer of dodgeball, its gonna be awesome
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2004-06-16, 08:32 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "The Anchorman Dodgeball The Bourne..."
Titusfied said:
The Anchorman
Dodgeball
The Bourne Supremacy

OOoh, yeah. Plus Alexander... And Donnie Darko Director's Cut.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-06-16, 09:59 AM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "OOoh, yeah. Plus Alexander... And..."
Now I didn't forget to mention Alexander, but Donnie Darko director's cut...? I can't even bring myself to watch the uncut version..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-16, 10:00 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Now I didn't forget to mention..."
What's Donnie Darko?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-16, 10:34 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "What's Donnie Darko?"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

I can't even get myself to watch it in full. Maybe I will have to remedy that..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-16, 10:38 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/ ..."
Da friggin Website said:
Highschooler Donnie is plagued by visions of a giant evil rabbit who orders him to commit acts of violence and predicts the impending end of the world.
Who the hell would want to watch that....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-06-16, 11:01 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Who the hell would want to watch..."
Exactly, it seemed a little too odd of a plot for me to even get semi-interested in. Plus, the lead actor, whatever the fuck his name is, sucks ass. Big time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-16, 11:27 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Exactly, it seemed a little too odd of..."
I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but I hear it's very weird, yet good.

Anyways, movies I'm looking forward to.

Spiderman 2
X3
Meet the Fockers
Anchorman
Dodgeball
King Arthur (confident it's gonna suck, but Keira Knightley is wow >_<)
Bourne Supremacy
Alien vs. Predator
Kill Bill vol. 3 (Tarantino said he's not going to make it for a while... but it'll be f'n amazing)

Movies that I think will suck, bad.

Catwoman

Movies that I have yet to see.

Chronicles of Riddick (Dislike Vin Diesel, but the movie itself doesn't look bad)
Stepford Wives (Walken is amazing, in everything)

Movies that need to come out on DVD.

Kill Bill vol. 2
Lord of the Rings extended version box set.
So this baby seal walks into a club.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenask_rabber is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ask_rabber

Posted 2004-06-16, 11:32 AM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but I hear..."
I liked Donnie Darko, but I'm a bit biased. How to explain this without giving away too much...

One thing that I really like in plot is in this movie.

self-sacrifice

Also, I'm not looking forward to Dodgeball, nor am I particularly looking forward to Catwoman.

I do want to see King Arthur; why will it suck?

Also, there is one scene in The Chronicles of Riddick that was completely worth my entire $5 (or your $8--whatever). If you've seen it, then you know. If you haven't, then... well, I'm not going to tell you, as it isn't nearly as funny without actually seeing it. Unless you enjoy entertaining (not specifically well-made or well-acted [I'm not complaining on either front, but I've been told that I'm a bad judge of a good movie.] but entertaining) movies, you probably won't want to see Riddick.

Note that The Chronicles of Riddick is the sequel to Pitch Black. I have seen Pitch Black but did not realize the connection until after the movie was over... Just so one of you won't fail to make the connection as I did.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?

Last edited by Medieval Bob; 2004-06-16 at 11:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-06-16, 12:55 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I liked Donnie Darko, but I'm a bit..."
omg...Donnie Darko the director's cut...wtf...can't wait!!! you guys should realy see it! it's amazing!!!!!!!!!11 I forgot about DB that's going to be great and anchorman is going to be good too!!
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-06-16, 01:18 PM in reply to ask_rabber's post starting "I haven't seen Donnie Darko, but I hear..."
Good call on Meet the Fockers.

Jinx.. I'm getting the feeling we share greatly differing views on movies. What movie isn't amazing..? Stepford Wifes, Donnie Darko.. IDK...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-16, 03:11 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Good call on Meet the Fockers. :) ..."
oh...I think many movies are amazing, but I also show a great view of many amazingly bad movies...I'm the critic at my school for movies...Monster was bad, most any newer movie w/ Kevin Coster is bad...most anything w/ Colin Farell is bad...Catwomen looks like it's going to be bad...hmmm there are many others...I normaly just point out the good...They've also come out w/ a lot of good movies recently...What can I say, movies are my addiction!
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-06-16, 04:30 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "oh...I think many movies are amazing,..."
Donnie Darko is an AMAZING movie. All who havn't seen it should do so...right.......NOW.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2004-06-16, 08:01 PM in reply to Jamesadin's post starting "Donnie Darko is an AMAZING movie. All..."
I heard Donnie Darko was ok (C average). I still want to see it (I'm sort of a fan of Barrymore's [exceptions are numerous]). I'll have to find it somewhere...(Read Entertainment Weekly's "Cult of Donnie Darko", it's interesting)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-06-17, 01:12 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I heard Donnie Darko was ok (C..."
Donne Darko was phenomenal.

And what scene is this from Riddick that you're referring to, Bob? I was just sort of awestruck at the entire thing, and my memory is hazy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-06-17, 01:47 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Donne Darko was phenomenal. And what..."
HP4
Spiderman2
Dodgeball
Passion of the Noahs Ark

I cant think of more.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-06-17, 09:24 AM in reply to slaynish's post starting "HP4 Spiderman2 Dodgeball Passion of..."
Indiana Jones 4
Jurassic Park IV
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
SW Episode 3
Mission Impossible 3
Die Hard 4
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-06-17, 10:04 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "oh...I think many movies are amazing,..."
Yeah, definitely different tastes. I've seen just about every movie ever made since the late 80's and my view on movies are completely contrasting to your flawed skepticism.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-06-17, 10:28 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Yeah, definitely different tastes. ..."
Flawed skepticism...sweety pls. hehe
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-06-17, 05:00 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post starting "Flawed skepticism...sweety pls. :D hehe"
Ugh, they're actually doing a Jurassic Park IV? I and II were good...III blew...they just can't leave my faves alone -_-

Mission Impossible III sounds good (Carrey Ann Moss [Trinity] is in it, as a leading lady)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack