Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2008-05-07, 11:39 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Get FEMA over there, STAT! 41,000..."
Quote:
The death toll in Myanmar may reach 100,000 according to a U.S. diplomat.
Cnn.com Just broke this snippet. A very painful thing to hear, even in a 3rd world country massive death is never a good thing to hear about, this is ranking almost as high as that tsunami that his Indonesia in '05. Sad stuff.

Even worse, a greater majority could die in following days and weeks from the rampant spread of disease.

Also, could a Moderator please change the title of the thread to accurately "SPELL" Maynmar.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-07, 03:15 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Cnn.com Just broke this snippet. A very..."
Haha, you still spelled Myanmar wrong!

ZING!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-07, 03:16 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Haha, you still spelled Myanmar wrong!..."
Dude, this word has a fucking Zex on me.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-07, 03:55 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Dude, this word has a fucking Zex on me."
Hex? I don't think Zex is a word.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-07, 09:26 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Get FEMA over there, STAT! 41,000..."
It's like fucking Atlantas over there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-08, 07:51 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "It's like fucking Atlantas over there."
I'm glad our storm surges aren't that bad, our hurricanes have like 1/8th of the water that comes with the storm as these cyclones and typhoons do.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-08, 01:37 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm glad our storm surges aren't that..."
If the tornado that hit Maynmar (is that spelled correctly?) did so much damage, what lvl was it? Because, although rare, lvl 4 tornadoes do occur
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-08, 02:03 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "If the tornado that hit Maynmar (is..."
A cyclone hit Myanmar, not a tornado. It was a Category 3, bringing 120 mph winds and 12-foot storm surges.

What scale are you thinking of for tornadoes? The Fujita Scale's F4 is quite devestating and rare; equivalent to the EF5, whereas the Enhanced Fujita Scale's EF4 is the equivalent to an F3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-09, 05:23 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "A cyclone hit Myanmar, not a tornado...."
thats insane. i feel bad having live in a country that wont do much besides shit on them and give them minimal aid/support through the disaster...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-05-09, 07:56 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "thats insane. i feel bad having live in..."
I can't believe that their military is refusing U.S. aid efforts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-09, 08:34 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "thats insane. i feel bad having live in..."
PureRebel said:
thats insane. i feel bad having live in a country that wont do much besides shit on them and give them minimal aid/support through the disaster...

Are you serious? They are refusing efforts, we're having to force aid to them as they are similar to a buddhist state that believes they are self efficient and don't need help from anybody. Their own ignorance is going to have more people killed from disease and starvation/dehydration.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-09, 02:54 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "A cyclone hit Myanmar, not a tornado...."
Yeah Word mistake

I meant the f5, f4, f3... tornado scale

And a cyclone is same word for a tornado, look it up!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-09, 07:14 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Yeah Word mistake :p I meant the..."
cyclones are formed over water, and i think tornadoes are land based?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-05-09, 08:16 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "cyclones are formed over water, and i..."
PureRebel said:
True that. Swallows, show me where I am wrong.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-09, 09:18 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "cyclones are formed over water, and i..."
PureRebel said:
I never hear the word "cyclone" used much here in the states. We call the water-based ones water spouts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-09, 09:33 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I never hear the word "cyclone" used..."
Ah, I believe we call those hurricanes normally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-10, 02:04 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ah, I believe we call those hurricanes..."
A hurricane and a tornado aren't even remotely similar, other than the fact that they spin.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-10, 10:09 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Ah, I believe we call those hurricanes..."
Kaneda said:
Ah, I believe we call those hurricanes normally.
Cyclone is used for both tornadoes and hurricanes for some reason over near Australia, etc. Water spouts are tornadoes that are over water, not hurricanes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-10, 04:27 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I never hear the word "cyclone" used..."
Willkillforfood said:
I never hear the word "cyclone" used much here in the states. We call the water-based ones water spouts.
If a tornado and a hurricane are both cyclones then a water tornado would be a hurricane.
PureRebel said:
I was stating that a cyclone formed over water is a hurricane. I've never heard of a "spout" but I don't doubt the phrase is used somewhere. I do know that tornados can go onto water, but usually are not that destructive.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-10, 08:28 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "If a tornado and a hurricane are both..."
No. A tornado formed over water is not a hurricane normally in the U.S. If you wanted to you could call it that since it falls under the broad definition of a hurricane, but everyone would just think you were stupid.

Last edited by Willkillforfood; 2008-05-10 at 08:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood