Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

The US should obliterate N. Korea.
Posted 2009-06-04, 08:37 AM
As we all know, N. Korea have been testing nuclear warheads recently, and have quite a nice stockpile of missiles. Many believe they pose a threat, but some feel otherwise:

GLG, Diplomat-in-Training said:
Why is the US so afraid of N. Korea and their Nucleur Bombs when we have Super Lasers that shoot beams as hot as a star. The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over.

The house proposes: "The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over."

Thoughts? Are you in opposition, or support of the proposition? Why?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-04, 10:41 AM in reply to Lenny's post "The US should obliterate N. Korea."
No.

Terrorism is bad regardless of who is commiting it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-04, 10:45 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "No. Terrorism is bad regardless of..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
No.

It isn't terrorism if you write the history books.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:21 AM in reply to Lenny's post "The US should obliterate N. Korea."
This is all on China's back. If they don't shut N. Korea down, then it's not our fault .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:23 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "This is all on China's back. If they..."
Why is it on China's back? If North Korea uses nuclear force against another country, we're just as responsible for not stopping them as China or anyone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why is it on China's back? If North..."
China is directly enabling it by giving them power and helping them launder their money. If China quit sending aid over the regime would be gone in a few months probably ...a huge chunk of all their supplies crosses over from there.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:42 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "China is directly enabling it by giving..."
Then it sounds to me like if we want things taken care of we'll have to do it ourselves.

I still don't see how any of that puts the responsibility solely on China to disarm North Korea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:43 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Why is it on China's back? If North..."
Why is it on China's back? If North Korea uses nuclear force against another country, we're just as responsible for not stopping them as China or anyone else.

"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:44 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Then it sounds to me like if we want..."
With China they can nuke people. Without China they can't. There doesn't have to be military action, if China will just shut off the flow of aid it's GG. That's why I think it's solely China's fault if they do nuke someone. They have almost absolute control.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-06-04, 02:13 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "No. Terrorism is bad regardless of..."
Terrorists aim for civilians.
Legitimate war aims at military and government.
Dropping the father of all nukes to "obliterate N. Korea and take it over" isn't really aiming, so who's to say what it is?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-04, 02:29 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Then it sounds to me like if we want..."
Then it sounds to me like if we want things taken care of we'll have to do it ourselves.

I still don't see how any of that puts the responsibility solely on China to disarm North Korea.
This is why so many countries despise the US, because we're always in everyone's business.

Let's just all be like Australia~

BORKED

Last edited by Wallow; 2009-06-04 at 02:33 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-04, 04:17 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Terrorists aim for civilians...."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Terrorists aim for civilians.
Legitimate war aims at military and government.
Dropping the father of all nukes to "obliterate N. Korea and take it over" isn't really aiming, so who's to say what it is?
If I throw a hand full of rocks into a crowd full of people, I'm not aiming at any one person, but I'm still throwing rocks at people.

Also, God frowns upon killing innocents.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-04, 04:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "No. Terrorism is bad regardless of..."
No.

QFT.

Quote:
Also, God frowns upon killing innocents.
GG.

See ya!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2009-06-04, 06:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "If I throw a hand full of rocks into a..."
True as those things may be, it doesn't make dropping a bomb that will destroy a whole country terrorism. It may be a lot of things, but it isn't terrorism.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-04, 07:53 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "True as those things may be, it doesn't..."
True as those things may be, it doesn't make dropping a bomb that will destroy a whole country terrorism. It may be a lot of things, but it isn't terrorism.
Is arguing semantics a big hobby of yours? You seem to like doing it, A LOT.

The point is, dropping a bomb on North Korea is WRONG. Call it terrorism or not, it's still wrong, and that's the point I was making. You're accomplishing nothing by arguing with me, other than further making yourself look like a douche bag.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-04, 08:26 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Is arguing semantics a big hobby of..."
Russia should 'bring down the hammer'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-06-04, 09:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post "The US should obliterate N. Korea."
Lenny said: [Goto]
As we all know, N. Korea have been testing nuclear warheads recently, and have quite a nice stockpile of missiles. Many believe they pose a threat, but some feel otherwise:

GLG said:
Why is the US so afraid of N. Korea and their Nucleur Bombs when we have Super Lasers that shoot beams as hot as a star. The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over.
The house proposes: "The US should just obliterate N. Korea and take it over."

Thoughts? Are you in opposition, or support of the proposition? Why?
You know, it was a joke when I said we should just obliterate them. I was trying to express the fact that everyone is scared of a country that is not a real threat to anyone. The nuclear bombs they have are as powerful as the ones from WW2. We now have nuclear bombs ten-times as powerful. And if we wanted to, at any time, the US or other large country could annihilate them within a blink of an eye. That's what I meant by my statement. Okay, I'm out.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-06-04, 11:14 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You know, it was a joke when I said we..."
So because our bombs are bigger, theirs are less of a threat? A bomb that can decimate a city is still a bomb that can level a city, even if we have a bomb that can level a county.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2009-06-05, 03:57 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "So because our bombs are bigger, theirs..."
So because our bombs are bigger, theirs are less of a threat? A bomb that can decimate a city is still a bomb that can level a city, even if we have a bomb that can level a county.

And the moment they blow up a city, we annihilate the country.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2009-06-05, 08:28 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "And the moment they blow up a city, we..."
You just want a nuclear holocaust now don't yah?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven