Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2007-01-20, 11:09 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So my first ramparts run just failed..."
what kind of gear do u guys have?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2007-01-21, 12:15 AM in reply to iceman887's post starting "what kind of gear do u guys have?"
A whole lot of shit. I have 2 fist weps, 1 of which is a quest reward.

Only 1 good drop item, its a blue and its my shoulders. SEXAY
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-21, 11:04 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "A whole lot of shit. I have 2 fist..."
Lawls, learn2 get epic gear.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-01-21, 04:07 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Lawls, learn2 get epic gear."
lawl newb. Greens > old epics.

63 now. Time for a break
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-01-21, 06:37 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "lawl newb. Greens > old epics. 63..."
Unfourtenetly (sp) thats prolly true.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-01-21, 10:53 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Unfourtenetly (sp) thats prolly true."
It is true. Excepting some of the set bonuses, L62 quest reward greens have at least a 50% chance of being better than your L60 epics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-01-22, 12:02 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So my first ramparts run just failed..."
!King_Amazon! said:
So my first ramparts run just failed misserably. Gonna try again sometime I guess.
Be sure that on the 2nd to last boss you either decurse that aura or you get away from eachother. It will fuck you every time.

Last boss: Treat him like you would a mix of Rend, Bat boss, and Core Hounds.

When the las pull which are the 2 orcs die the boss will fly in and drop his rider. When rider is at about 20 percent the dragon will land. DPS the rider down asap. At this time the warrior should already be tanking the dragon. Have the dragon point away from your group as he does an aoe breathe attack. During the whole fight watchout for fires that the dragon will spit at the ground. Sometimes they will land under the dragon so make sure your tank isnt an idiot. Fire resist totem and aura arent necessary but they help alot.

The rest of the instance is just tank and spank. Blood Furnace is a bit different though... I wouldnt suggest doing it with a pug group.

My shaman is currently 67 and in blades edge.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2007-01-23, 08:48 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Be sure that on the 2nd to last boss..."
Yeah I came up with a general strategy for the guy after we lost to him the first time(vazruden, the last guy.) Just conserve mana on the first two orc guys(we let our tank and rogue take them while we either smacked or wanded them.) Everyone went to the middle of the circle and spread out once the actual fight started, watching out for fireballs. Fire resistance totem was dropped, we would get him down easy but his damn dragon would own us as soon as he hit the ground. I figured it was the breath, but we only got a few tries to figure it out, and we had a HORRIBLE group, Nikki ended up being the healer (she was a lvl 60 full elemental shaman at the time) while a feral druid was tanking. Her heals just weren't big enough, she had the mana to heal forever (I think she has more mana than me and I'm playing a mage) but her heals were pretty wimpy as full elemental.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-23, 08:50 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Be sure that on the 2nd to last boss..."
Oh and I'm not sure what you mean about decursing on the 2nd to last boss, I was the only person who could decurse and I didn't decurse a thing, it seemed like a pretty simple tank and spank fight, it was easier than even the first fight where the guy has 2 healers. All that would happen is he would summon a felhound every 15 seconds or so, and I would take it out so it wouldn't own our healer. It was pretty simple really. The first boss on the other hand is pretty damn tricky, but a very cool designed fight, reminded me of raid-type fights but for a 5 man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-24, 05:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Oh and I'm not sure what you mean about..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Oh and I'm not sure what you mean about decursing on the 2nd to last boss, I was the only person who could decurse and I didn't decurse a thing, it seemed like a pretty simple tank and spank fight, it was easier than even the first fight where the guy has 2 healers. All that would happen is he would summon a felhound every 15 seconds or so, and I would take it out so it wouldn't own our healer. It was pretty simple really. The first boss on the other hand is pretty damn tricky, but a very cool designed fight, reminded me of raid-type fights but for a 5 man.
He casts a curse that is an aura that deals damage to anyone in range.

EDIT: What do you mean the first boss? It's just tanking him and DPSing him down isn't it? Maybe We just killed him too fast and I didnt notice.

Last edited by pr0xy; 2007-01-24 at 06:03 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
pr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenpr0xy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

pr0xy

Posted 2007-01-24, 06:49 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "He casts a curse that is an aura that..."
pr0xy said:
He casts a curse that is an aura that deals damage to anyone in range.

EDIT: What do you mean the first boss? It's just tanking him and DPSing him down isn't it? Maybe We just killed him too fast and I didnt notice.
I saw what curse you mean, for some reason we didn't encounter it the first time. Even the 2nd time it was only a nuisance.

The first boss has 2 adds with him that start healing him when he gets to 50%. If you just kill them before then, there's no problems.

Even the last guy was pretty easy the 2nd time. Our first group just sucked.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-24, 10:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I saw what curse you mean, for some..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I saw what curse you mean, for some reason we didn't encounter it the first time. Even the 2nd time it was only a nuisance.

The first boss has 2 adds with him that start healing him when he gets to 50%. If you just kill them before then, there's no problems.

Even the last guy was pretty easy the 2nd time. Our first group just sucked.
Ahh yeah we always killed the adds first. Of course I dont run pug instances. I have a group of friends and we all get together to do em. I wouldn't suggest trying Blood Furnace with a bad group... The floating eyeball dooder can be pretty nasty...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2007-01-25, 08:47 AM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Ahh yeah we always killed the adds..."
I PUGed Blood Furnace last night, with a tank that knew what he was doing, a shadow priest, myself, a rogue, and Nikki's shaman, all in the 61-62 range.

Two of the three bosses have "tricks" to them. The Beholder boss (the floating eyeball dooder) is really easy as long as you keep 1 orc from the last group sheeped/feared/whatever until everyone regens health/mana. You can start the fight with him at full health/mana for your whole party, the trick is being able to get through the pens. They're pretty rough, expecially the last two.

The final boss is easier than the beholder guy. Just keep one of his adds sheeped/feared/whatever until those nasty debuffs get off everyone (priest should be able to dispell them in a few seconds) and then just regen up and own him.

We didn't wipe to any of the bosses, just messed up trash pulls. We only had 1 wipe in the whole place. I just make sure the people in my groups dont suck before hand, since I hate PUGs.

Oh and I'm not sure if you caught this but if you look beneath the floor on the last boss, you can see Magtheridon the pit lord guy who yells throughout the instance.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-25, 02:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I PUGed Blood Furnace last night, with..."
Yeah Mag is pretty sweet. I cant wait to take him down. My friend never got BF finished in a pug group. Also I thought that beholder comes after a certain ammount of time anyway. I guess not though, we just always killed them all right away. I'll be sure to keep the last one CCed next time we do it if need be. Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

pr0xy

Posted 2008-05-15, 03:57 PM in reply to pr0xy's post starting "Yeah Mag is pretty sweet. I cant wait..."
Well, after playing pretty extensively on WoW's BC I have to say I am still pleased with the franchise. However WoW was not my first game of choice, and I kind of jumped in head first into this series of games.

I'm actually looking forward to WOTLK because like many, I am warped into this game and somewhat obsessed with it, to the point where i'll spend $60 to keep playing with some of my buddies from school.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V