Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

[Bug] Boneweave Hauberk Block
Posted 2012-05-24, 02:21 PM

Apparently the Boneweave Hauberk item creates a collision barrier when dropped on the ground. This blocks both players and monsters from passing. You can still teleport over the barrier, I'm not sure if other such things such as the barb leap attack work in the same manner.

Supposedly if you create a game one the Machines of War quest in Act 3, you can buy them from the "middle" vendor for ~150g. Also, you can buy magic versions on the AH for ~500g-1500g.

Abuse it while you can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-24, 04:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "[Bug] Boneweave Hauberk Block"
It might be worth mentioning that teleporter monsters can get past the barrier, and ranged monsters can still attack you from the other side. Also, this is probably going to get hotfixed rapidly. I'll try to keep this updated so people know when it no longer works, but if you want to check for yourself just check out this link or this link to find the latest hotfixes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-24, 09:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It might be worth mentioning that..."
Not gonna put your other bugs you found?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-24, 09:44 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Not gonna put your other bugs you found?"
I'm working on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-24, 11:49 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm working on it."
Btw, what is the point of that bug? It takes forever to drop stuff and doesn't it form a barrier you can't go through? So it's only good for the wizard?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-24, 11:55 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Btw, what is the point of that bug? It..."
Barbarian might be able to jump over it, I dunno. The point is you can block the monsters and kill them with no effort.

I haven't managed to actually find any boneweave hauberks. My info about the vendor selling them appears to be untrue unless I'm just unlucky.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-25, 09:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Barbarian might be able to jump over..."
Well every vendor refreshes their gear so maybe that one has a chance to sell it, but not 100%
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-25, 09:46 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Well every vendor refreshes their gear..."
I checked a few times and had no luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-25, 10:31 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I checked a few times and had no luck."
Maybe it's in nightmare they have it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-25, 11:36 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Maybe it's in nightmare they have it"
I've seen a report that this exploit has been fixed, followed by someone (from EU servers) saying that it still works. I have no means to test it, but this might not work anymore.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-25, 11:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've seen a report that this exploit..."
I have learned that the armor can only be purchased in hell difficulty on the previously mentioned quest from the previously mentioned vendor. Still not sure whether or not this is patched, and I wont even be able to test it when I get home due to the lack of hell characters.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-25, 12:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have learned that the armor can only..."
Well, I didn't see it as to helpful anyways.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin