Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Science and Technology News

Robot discovers new scientific knowledge after designing, doing own experiments
Posted 2009-04-05, 12:11 PM
Robot discovers new scientific knowledge after designing, doing own experiments

U.K. researchers have created a "robot scientist" they believe is the first machine to independently discover new scientific knowledge.

Called Adam, the room-sized computerized robotic system decides what experiments it wants to do and performs all the steps to complete the scientific process.

The researchers at Aberystwyth University in Wales and Cambridge University in England say Adam has discovered new knowledge about the genes of baker's yeast.

Aberystwyth computer science professor Ross King said the research team did experiments to confirm that the robot's findings were both new and correct.

The researchers report in the journal Science that they are working on a second robot - called Eve - to test possible drugs for such killer diseases as malaria.

King said he foresees a time when robot scientists will work side by side in the lab with their human counterparts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-04-05, 01:30 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Robot discovers new scientific..."
TERMINATOR!!!!

Interesting though... -_^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-04-06, 03:28 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post "Robot discovers new scientific..."
This isn't the AI Adam that was lovingly named a "chatterbot" is it? I remember finding one you could converse with quite well online though I've forgotten the site and am too lazy to google it. I vaguely remember that it would learn things you taught it.

--EDIT--

After peaking my interests, the "bot" I remembered was actually called Alan, not Adam. www.a-i.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2009-04-06, 07:43 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "This isn't the AI Adam that was..."
This is an actual physical robot, not an internet chatbot
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy