Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

The Bath Bomb
Posted 2008-03-12, 08:35 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Tory MP brother of Bali bombing victim hits out at 'tasteless' bath bombs made in support of Guantanamo Bay prisoners

Quote:
A Tory MP whose brother was killed in the Bali bombings has spoken in disgust at "tasteless" bath bombs made in support of Guantanamo Bay prisoners.

Cosmetics firm Lush have made the controversial products alongside human rights lawyers to highlight the plight of the detainees there.

The bomb is orange to represent the prison camp's jump-suit uniforms. Once it is dissolved in the bath a waterproof photo of an Arabic prisoner is found inside.

Money raised from the bombs will go to the human rights organisation Reprieve, which supports the detainees and has the Channel 4 newsreader Jon Snow as a patron.

But the product has angered Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood who claims it is a "tasteless" publicity stunt.

Mr Ellwood's brother Jonathan was killed when terrorists detonated three bombs in the Indonesian island of Bali in 2002.

Prime suspect Riduan Isamuddin, also known as Hambali, was captured by the CIA a year later and has been held at Guantanamo Bay ever since.

Mr Ellwood has himself been campaigning for the closure of the controversial Cuban camp and wants Hambali to stand trial and face justice.

Guantanamo Camp Delta, where hundreds of terrorism suspects are held in what human rights groups describe as 'inhumane' conditions
Mr Ellwood, the MP for Bournemouth East, said: "My brother was killed in the Bali bombings and the guy responsible is being held at Guantanamo Bay.

"His name is Hambali and he has been there since he was picked up a few years ago.

"I am calling for the closure of Guantanamo Bay and like Lush, I want the prisoners to have a fair trial. I want Hambali to be properly punished for what he did.

"Why are Lush doing this? Is it because they want to promote themselves by using a controversial subject or is it because they have a genuine concern for the prisoners of Guantanamo Bay?

"I suggest it is the former rather than the latter. I think the whole idea is tasteless.

"I imagine the target audience who buys Lush products are relatively young.

"There must be better ways of educating younger generations on international terrorism rather than Lush making a tacky bath bomb."

The 'fizzing' bath bomb, called Guantanamo Garden, was created by Lush co-founders Mark and Mo Constantine.

They decided to support the camp's detainees after meeting Clive Stafford Smith, a human rights lawyer and director of Reprieve. .......
I want some, sounds fun for some reason.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome