Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Legend of Harpine: Chapters of Time (Beta Demo v.7)
Posted 2008-04-08, 03:31 AM
Demo:
Legend of Harpine Beta Demo. v7

Controls:
Z to attack
S to scroll down

This demo only has 40 - 60 minutes of playtime.
(Without optional easter egg hunts, there are storyline developments that you could skip over.. if you're not a story buff. Yet, 30 minutes is still dedicated to the storyline.. give or take walking distances.)

Most of the features are cut out as well (CG cutscenes, Voice actors, Original Music)

Yet, the demo is here.. because I hate delaying things too much. Especially to those who have been faithfully waiting for me to release this game. This game is one of the few RM rpg's that balances storyline and battle. I guarantee you have never seen RTP molded like this.. well.. often >.>. <3

Without further to do.. wait .. wait..
CREDITS.. eh, its all in the prelude.

OKAY lets go.

In game Screenshots
Battle

Looking around

Wallpapers
Nova

Aluxes and Party

Kai

Stuff that you dont have to read.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Thanks:
Neoseeker <3 you guys.
Without neoseeker, and those who keep pushing me. I would of just kept looking at my computer blankly. =O

God.
Yes, my rpg is in debt to god

My sister.
Rest in peace, this is for chew Mary.

My grandma
You too grammy! RIP

My uncle.
<3 RIP

.. and.. me =)

Notes:

Oh GAWD Lest Aime Castle was a monster. 80- 90 maps and I am STILL not done. >.< I'll finish it one day. I promise. What ticks me off is that there are four other major castles in game <.< I DONT WANNA DO THEM.

Tips:
There are 3 bosses in Poroure's cave. One hidden, one optional, one mandatory. There are 8 hidden items in game.. some hidden in plain sight.. others only discovered when you look around the castle. There are one or two items that you can get after an optional event.

Enemies do drop items (sometimes at a low chance)
Soldiers drop soldier restoratives
The chicken drops restoratives of the health and reviving restoratives.
The wolf drops attack boosters
Mice drop Skill restoratives.

Pleads:
Please tell me if there is any errors in game. I kinda got lazy towards the end.
Also, please provide a screenshot of the error so I can hurry and fix it =X.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Rose Skye; 2008-06-15 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Demo
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rose Skye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRose Skye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 08:01 AM in reply to Rose Skye's post "Legend of Harpine: Chapters of Time..."
You're a little spammer aren't you? Not to mention, you state some crap about you, just, saying I didn't plan on bringing it out this early, yet, there is a post from 11-19-2007, 11:02 AM. You're full of crap. Ignore this thread.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?p=9532243
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/2212...pters-of-time/
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=11781
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=42436453
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board...ad.php?t=28019

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-04-08 at 02:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-08, 09:23 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You're a little spammer aren't you? ..."
Goodlookinguy said:
You're a little spammer aren't you?
Haha, spam...

Oh wait...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-08, 02:23 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Haha, spam... Oh wait..."
*Sigh* You mean.. what most game designers do? Advertise their game to get people that plays it? Soo.. you mean that I cant advertise because its spam.. even though its one post per forum.

-Wow- If you hadn't noticed, there are other games that are part of the same forums I am. Yes I -didnt- plan on coming out with the game this early, because I dont have a demo prepared.. but I WANT to show people my progress.. didnt expect me to respond? I do respond to the questions of everyone that replies to my PROJECT threads. Thanks for looking out for my general interests though.. if you wish I can tell you the other forums I am apart of so you can ADVERTISE OTHER FORUMS on this forum.

Also genius Im apart of DEVELOPMENT forums, which RECRUITS STAFF MEMBERS FOR MY GAME! This is the first post that gives the story to the public. I sir, am not full of crap.. but you do jump to conclusions. Try being happy for my progress so far, instead of hating my guts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rose Skye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRose Skye is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 02:41 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post starting "*Sigh* You mean.. what most game..."
Rose Skye said:
*Sigh* You mean.. what most game designers do? Advertise their game to get people that plays it? Soo.. you mean that I cant advertise because its spam.. even though its one post per forum.

-Wow- If you hadn't noticed, there are other games that are part of the same forums I am. Yes I -didnt- plan on coming out with the game this early, because I dont have a demo prepared.. but I WANT to show people my progress.. didnt expect me to respond? I do respond to the questions of everyone that replies to my PROJECT threads. Thanks for looking out for my general interests though.. if you wish I can tell you the other forums I am apart of so you can ADVERTISE OTHER FORUMS on this forum.

Also genius Im apart of DEVELOPMENT forums, which RECRUITS STAFF MEMBERS FOR MY GAME! This is the first post that gives the story to the public. I sir, am not full of crap.. but you do jump to conclusions. Try being happy for my progress so far, instead of hating my guts.
No. I don't believe that I could ever play this game, if it is written the same way as how you are writing right now. Second, why was it necessary to bring it out now, no one needed to know your game progress. If you were going to post your game progress, then put it in the "A New Current Projects Thread." That is what it was for after all. We like to hear things in there, it is not necessary for a new thread, especially with the jumbo letters, how annoying.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-08, 02:52 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "No. I don't believe that I could ever..."
Get down off your high horse lest you topple and break your neck.

I don't see any problem with Rose posting about it in a new thread. WW approved it, and didn't see any problem, either. After your oh so shocking discovery that it had been posted on a few forums, a couple of mods had a look in, and yet the thread is still here.

We've had new threads by new members before now that detailed games they're working on, so why should this be any different?

In the future, GLG, be nice to new members, and if you don't like something then please PM a mod or post about it Talk to the Staff.

---

I've just listened to both tracks on the Myspace, Rose, and they're good. You've got a talented composer on your team. The title music reminds me of the FFX title music, somewhat, which is no bad thing. It's very ghostly and chilling, too. The same goes for the prelude piece. It carries on the ghostly/chilling aspect very well, and it's the first piece of music for an RPG Maker game that I've heard with voice.

It's rare that one sees such a big team working on an RPG Maker game. I wish you the best of luck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-08, 02:56 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "No. I don't believe that I could ever..."
Look, I have no aspirations to quarrel with you. If you dont want to play the game.. then dont. Yet, for anyone else .. I would like them to read the story and hear the music.. Someone with a curiousity and didnt read a topic thread about this yet.

People like you are impossible to talk to.. hot under the collar and basically dont give in to reason. If you google alot of games on the RMXP you'll see alot of project threads.

http://www.google.com/search?q=RMXP+...ient=firefox-a
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&btnG= Search

Then again, you probably do not belong to a dev forum if you didnt know this.

Now, if you cant come at me from a rational viewpoint.. There is nothing else I can say to you besides.. please stop spamming my thread with borderline flaming.

------------------------------------

Thank you, Im really trying to do something awesome with the game. Its kinda plagues me to see how far I can go with RMXP.. ya know? Also sorry about the picture, and text.. kinda did expect spoilers and such.. but I didnt expect the approval. I dont want to seem like a cold heartless bot, but you know.. I have to test the waters.

Last edited by Rose Skye; 2008-04-08 at 03:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:06 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post starting "Look, I have no aspirations to quarrel..."
We used to have a problem with spammers and bnots, so we implemented the approval system. You got through it, which is always a good sign.

I'd be interested to see some of the classes and what not in action. I'm not a scripter, but I appreciate how hellish it can be. SephirothSpawn must be good at it, if he's managed to get it all working.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "We used to have a problem with spammers..."
Oh yeah.. he's a legend when it comes to scripters.
The guy has a brain on him thats out of the world.. I dont think the guy believes in restrictions. I suggest the most outlandish systems and he doesnt even reply with "but.." he nods and does it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:13 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post starting "Oh yeah.. he's a legend when it comes..."
Just nods and does it? Under the thumb then, is he?

So how much of the game is done altogether? From your original post, I'm getting the idea that a majority of the engines are written, the sprites are done, and the story is written, with all that's really to be done is building the maps and setting up all the events, etc, yes?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Just nods and does it? Under the thumb..."
Oh noo.. if it was that much done I would have a demo.

He's not under my thumb.. his service ain free you know. The sprites are still being worked on.. the story is completed, the engines and such are being worked on.. building maps and events if it were only that easy.. My work haas to match the caliber of my animators work.. I may even switch sprite styles and rtp tiles.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 03:35 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post starting "Oh noo.. if it was that much done I..."
Do you plan on a website for this, or is there a website? What's the deal?

Having an official website is the best way to get this out.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-08, 04:10 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Do you plan on a website for this, or..."
Right now, I dont have a demo.. and I dont want to advertise a website until I have a demo. Once I release it, then I'll hire a website designer and that'll be the best angle to work from I suppose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 04:23 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post starting "Right now, I dont have a demo.. and I..."
Are you actually going to buy a webdomain, or are you going for a free website?

The reason I ask is because I have a good 115GB free space on my website and I need people to take it up.

So if you weren't going to go though and buy a domain, you could host it with my server. Just a positive ideal.

----------
Are you happy now Lenny. By the way Lenny, I don't think you saw the other post where I attacked you. It is okay though, I forgot which one now.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-04-08, 04:37 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Are you actually going to buy a..."
Buying a domain.. but thanks for the offer. Really warming to think you'd do that.

P.S. This has to be one of the coolest forums I've been a part of. That tab spoiler thing is mucho awesome.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-08, 06:26 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post starting "Buying a domain.. but thanks for the..."
http://www.spongen.com/showthread.php?p=6213 lol We didn't like the jrpg comment back at home, bro.

What the hell is up with you guys praising Sephi like he's a god? believe me, Trickster, in my opinion, has contributed more, and even he is just some guy with a habit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-04-08, 09:59 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "http://www.spongen.com/showthread.php?p=..."
Atnas said:
http://www.spongen.com/showthread.php?p=6213 lol We didn't like the jrpg comment back at home, bro.

What the hell is up with you guys praising Sephi like he's a god? believe me, Trickster, in my opinion, has contributed more, and even he is just some guy with a habit.
I am not the type to argue.. especially on the matter of japanese rpg's storyline. FFVII was epic.. but I never said they were right on the matter.. nor never said that all jrpg's were save the world.

"Be warned that the game is not for the jrpg players who wants the thrill of saving the world."

Then again.. I've been raised to believe that customer is always right.. so if they dont like something I'll nod and remove it. Though I didnt say jrpgs are all save the world type.. I could've asked for one example of a mainstream jrpg in the states that had another conclusion than hero defeats enemy and saves the world. Ah, I do however recognize your SN now.. I thought I actually knew you at first. Its good to make new friends I suppose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye

Posted 2008-04-09, 08:59 AM in reply to Rose Skye's post "Legend of Harpine: Chapters of Time..."
Sweet. An actual RMXP game that I'm interested in.

That's cool. Looks good.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-10, 06:13 PM in reply to Rose Skye's post "Legend of Harpine: Chapters of Time..."
Know that if you (Rose Skye) do have a website hosted through the domains I pay for, I’ll have my brother (Goodlookinguy) throw advertisement into it. (The Internet is an expensive place.) Unless you’re willing to pay me, which I will gladly take. PayPal donation sounds good.

Oh, if you want me to hit my brother, I can do that. I’m already going to hit him for his foul mouth that seems, without reading your other post, very uncalled for and rude. I will also force him to apologize to you.

Honestly, I was and still am not impressed by Final Fantasy VII. Then again, unlike the younger generation, FF7 was not my first RPG. The original one was all those years ago. I would hardly call FF7, especially because the poor translation, epic. Then again I’m an old school gamer, so I have a very different view.

Anyhow, from what I have seen it looks pretty good.
“Attaining one hundred victors in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy’s army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Michael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMichael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Michael_sama

Posted 2008-04-11, 03:42 AM in reply to Michael_sama's post starting "Know that if you (Rose Skye) do have a..."
Meow. I'll pay for the domain when I get everything up.

It's going to be a bandwidth vampire.. sides I got the cash to do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rose Skye