Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

First Sprite I've created in over 7-months
Posted 2008-02-26, 06:06 AM
I created this sprite, and it looked better. But I accidentally saved it as a .jpg file which messed it up big time, so I redid all of it. And it came out, eh, alright, I guess.
---------------
NOTE: If for some reason you want to use it, even though I don't think it is very good. Just give credit under "NRG: Element's Design (c) 2006-2008"
---Sorry---
Here is the picture for people who are not logged in.
Attached Images
File Type: png 001.png (3.9 KB, 42 views)

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-02-26 at 09:33 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:03 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "First Sprite I've created in over..."
That is pretty nice. I guess. But this is coming from someone who has never sprited before. What application would i do it in?
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:17 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "That is pretty nice. I guess. But this..."
I think he did it in Photoshop.

Personally I prefer Graphics Gale because it's built for spriting.

-----------------

It looks nice, GLG. There seems to be some trend with inexperienced spriters these days to use a lot of 45 degree angles, why is that? Make your lines more natural. (side view) The Front and back views look good, however overall I think a much better palette could be used, and probably more values as a whole.

But I digress, it's quite good! I was expecting something a lot worse, you surprised me!

The hair in the back is quite exeptional, if you would keep that style up throughout the whole sheet it would be so much better.

(What's up with the arms? He looks like a robot! XD)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:20 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I think he did it in Photoshop. ..."
The long hair thing does look really nice!

I agree. Avoid 45 degree angles. They make everything look like a triangle. God knows i have had enough of those after geometry.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:39 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I think he did it in Photoshop. ..."
Atnas said:
I think he did it in Photoshop.

Personally I prefer Graphics Gale because it's built for spriting.

-----------------

It looks nice, GLG. There seems to be some trend with inexperienced spriters these days to use a lot of 45 degree angles, why is that? Make your lines more natural. (side view) The Front and back views look good, however overall I think a much better palette could be used, and probably more values as a whole.

But I digress, it's quite good! I was expecting something a lot worse, you surprised me!

The hair in the back is quite exeptional, if you would keep that style up throughout the whole sheet it would be so much better.

(What's up with the arms? He looks like a robot! XD)
Yeah, I know the arms are like robots, why else did I say it wasn't very good. I am going to finish it in a little bit and make it not look like that. So tomorrow I will post the new picture.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:41 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Yeah, I know the arms are like robots,..."
Did you use a template, btw?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:42 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Did you use a template, btw?"
How hard is it to sprite?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-26, 07:47 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "How hard is it to sprite?"
I did not use a template, but I did use GraphicsGale v1.92

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-26, 08:05 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I did not use a template, but I did use..."
No template? I underestimated you.

Yay Graphics Gale!

Asamin, it's as hard as... Painting on a grid? Really that's all it is. All art skills apply.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-26, 08:09 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "No template? I underestimated you. :) ..."
I never use templates when spriting. Also, because I didn't realize there were templates

--
EDITO: I am translating GraphicsGale v1.92, so that it can be used on a Japanese Computer and appear in English, such as my computer.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-02-27 at 06:55 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-27, 02:09 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I never use templates when spriting. ..."
I guess i am screwed then! No artistic talent. Maybe if it is point and color. Is there a thing that can do auto symmetry?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-27, 02:19 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I guess i am screwed then! No artistic..."
Yeah. Copy paste flip horizontal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-27, 02:52 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I did not use a template, but I did use..."
Goodlookinguy said:
I did not use a template, but I did use GraphicsGale v1.92
Is it in english? The site I'm getting it from has screenshots in Japanese.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-02-27, 03:18 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Is it in english? The site I'm getting..."
They have the English version out legally.

http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/index.html

You either need to buy or crack the shareware in order to do certain things, but not anything really necessary for basic spriting.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-27, 04:38 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "They have the English version out..."
My computers in Japanese when I open the program it is Japanese. If you put your computer in English, it will show English text. I am just making it English all around.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-27, 04:46 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "My computers in Japanese when I open..."
That's pretty cool. If I ever need something translated can I give it to you to look at, GLG?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-27, 06:28 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "That's pretty cool. If I ever need..."
Sure! Though if it is a packed file, it will take me a little while to detect its type, so that I can decypt it before continuing.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-28, 10:12 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "First Sprite I've created in over..."
It appears I have read the reply all wrong. If you read what I said before this edit, disregard it. It’s nice information, but it didn’t apply there.

I never saw what the original looked like, but he came into my room and made a huge fuss about losing everything. He left quickly because I pointed out it was his fault for not taking any precaution and not the computer's. This is because he removes the battery from the computer to keep it cool and relies solely on the power cord. When the power cord is slightly pulled, bam, the power cord is loose enough for power not to transfer, causing the system to shut down, and he loses all the data. He's using a laptop, yet he has trouble accepting his poor decisions. You have to be careful, and never save something nice in JPEG. I warned him before about the random dots that form when using JPEG.
“Attaining one hundred victors in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy’s army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited by Michael_sama; 2008-02-28 at 10:34 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Michael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMichael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Michael_sama

Posted 2008-02-28, 03:27 PM in reply to Michael_sama's post starting "It appears I have read the reply all..."
Lol! that is sad! why remove the battery? It isn't used at all when the power cord is plugged in. Ever felt the battery after playing with the power cord in?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-02-28, 03:54 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Lol! that is sad! why remove the..."
Yeah, it's hot.

And some damage may be caused to the battery if it is constantly plugged in, such as a shortened lifespan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas