Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Posted 2008-01-27, 09:33 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "This is the script replace the..."
Oh hell, that's grand. Thanks for sharing, man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-01-27, 09:39 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Oh hell, that's grand. Thanks for..."
Atnas said:
Oh hell, that's grand. Thanks for sharing, man.
Your welcome

-----
4 and 1/2 hours 'til my videos are done uploading, man the're slow 50kb/s instead of 360kb/s when I download.

Upload 50kb/s
Download 360kb/s

WHY!

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-27, 05:17 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Oh by the way Someone is playing online..."
You two should move to another thread not in the RPGMaker forum for just general chatting.

I have to say, though, nice work on the DivX script. I'll have to give it a go sometime.

---

Now then, how are people getting along with thir Current Projects?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-28, 04:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You two should move to another thread..."
Lenny said:
You two should move to another thread not in the RPGMaker forum for just general chatting.

I have to say, though, nice work on the DivX script. I'll have to give it a go sometime.

---

Now then, how are people getting along with thir Current Projects?
I still can't get RMXP to work on vista quite right, so, I don't really know what is going to happen with my project.

--------
Cheese is delicious!

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-28, 11:36 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I still can't get RMXP to work on vista..."
I decided recently to just take a bunch of my concept art from my sketchbook and try and use the designs in a game. Whenever I plan a project I try to do something new that has never been done before. It always fails. I'm going to have fun with working on the new project, and just do whatever my heart desires, not trying to stray from cliche. Hey, if it's cliche, it works.

I'm probably going to finish in two years if I plan right. I'm not going for anything groundbreaking, rather, something fun! Estimated play time of 6 hours. I always like a short RPG I can beat on a single Sunday.

Not sure of the maker, though. I actually bought RMXP, but VX is pretty... Expensive for me right now (new Desktop). And I'm not for developing a game on an illegal version, I want it to reach a broad audience.

Last edited by Atnas; 2008-01-28 at 11:39 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-01-29, 04:21 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I decided recently to just take a bunch..."
Atnas said:
I decided recently to just take a bunch of my concept art from my sketchbook and try and use the designs in a game. Whenever I plan a project I try to do something new that has never been done before. It always fails. I'm going to have fun with working on the new project, and just do whatever my heart desires, not trying to stray from cliche. Hey, if it's cliche, it works.

I'm probably going to finish in two years if I plan right. I'm not going for anything groundbreaking, rather, something fun! Estimated play time of 6 hours. I always like a short RPG I can beat on a single Sunday.

Not sure of the maker, though. I actually bought RMXP, but VX is pretty... Expensive for me right now (new Desktop). And I'm not for developing a game on an illegal version, I want it to reach a broad audience.
Now I'm posting a reply
---------

I starting working on something new straying away from Unwell, it is a completly different game, and now that I have a laptop to work on the game anytime, I will diffently have game progress as never seen before. I am going to try to use just the rtp from the game. It will be no longer than half an hour long. Silly and wacky is the way I'm going, it will be done in no longer than a month. Yay! I will finally have a game, done!

Game Name: The Random Adventure Tales
Auther: ME
Music: RTP
Graphics: RTP
Type: Comedy/Drama
Time Expect to be ready: March 1, 2008

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-01-31, 11:16 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Now I'm posting a reply --------- ..."
The Speed Test posts have been split.

I asked once, and it was obviously ignored. So I've split the posts off, and I'm going to ask again:

Keep this thread for talking about Current Projects. If you want to talk about internet speed, or something unrelated to a project you're doing in an RPGMaker, then please take it elsewhere.

If it happens much more then I might get sick of filtering through and moving the posts and instead just trash them, or soft delete them. First warning.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-01-31, 12:19 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The Speed Test posts have been split. ..."
Lenny said:
The Speed Test posts have been split.

I asked once, and it was obviously ignored. So I've split the posts off, and I'm going to ask again:

Keep this thread for talking about Current Projects. If you want to talk about internet speed, or something unrelated to a project you're doing in an RPGMaker, then please take it elsewhere.

If it happens much more then I might get sick of filtering through and moving the posts and instead just trash them, or soft delete them. First warning.
Hey, hey, slow down now. Let's all be friends, peace. I did stop posting the internet speeds Wed-G brought it back up.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-01, 10:12 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Hey, hey, slow down now. Let's all be..."
Goodlookinguy said:
Hey, hey, slow down now. Let's all be friends, peace. I did stop posting the internet speeds Wed-G brought it back up.
I love how my post was 25 hours after your posts and I only posted once and yet I'm being blamed for "bringing it back up."

Thats nice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-02-02, 12:20 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I love how my post was 25 hours after..."
Wed-G said:
I love how my post was 25 hours after your posts and I only posted once and yet I'm being blamed for "bringing it back up."

Thats nice.
Exactly

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-02, 03:56 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Exactly"
I started it, so I should be to blame.

Yuck I've been feeling so sick lately I haven't started on the outline for that game. I think I'll have an ABS, though, and get one of my RGSS scripter pals to make the battle system in exchange for art and sprites. :>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-02, 04:58 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "I started it, so I should be to blame...."
Atnas said:
I started it, so I should be to blame.

Yuck I've been feeling so sick lately I haven't started on the outline for that game. I think I'll have an ABS, though, and get one of my RGSS scripter pals to make the battle system in exchange for art and sprites. :>
I've been working on my cheep RPG Maker 2k3 game using only the RTP, it will be done soon!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-03, 11:12 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I've been working on my cheep RPG Maker..."
Goodlookinguy said:
I've been working on my cheep RPG Maker 2k3 game using only the RTP, it will be done soon!
I'm in the middle of coding my cbs/abs. It's a bitch.

I don't use the action key for my attack because it conflicts with activating events and talking to people so I use the shift key.

Coding a "strike" is lengthy because of the coordinate processing and everything else.

For example:

Code:
<>Variable Oper: [enemy x] Set, This Event X Coord.
<>Variable Oper: [enemy y] Set, This Event Y Coord.
<>Variable Oper: [enemy x] -, Hero X Coord.
<>Variable Oper: [enemy y] -, Hero Y Coord.
<>Branch if Var [enemy x] is -1
  <>Branch if Var [enemy y] is -1
    <>Play sound: hit
    <>Variable Oper [enemy hp] +, 1
    <>Flash Sprite
    <>Branch if Var [enemy hep] is 3 or more
      <>Flash screen
      <>Battle Animation: Enemy Die
      <>Wait 0.3
      <>Switch Operation [enemy 01] ON
    : Else Handler
      <>Move Event: Face Away from Hero, Begin Jump, Move Forward
      <>
    : End
    <>
  <>Branch if Var [enemy y] is 0
    <>Flash Sprite
      <>Flash screen
      <>Wait 0.3
      <>
    <>
  <>Branch if Var [enemy y] is 1
    <>Flash Sprite
      <>Flash screen
      <>Wait 0.3
      <>
    <>
<>Branch if Var [enemy x] is 0
    <>Flash Sprite
      <>Flash screen
      <>Wait 0.3
      <>
    <>
     <>Flash Sprite
       <>Flash screen
       <>Wait 0.3
       <>
     <>
     <>Flash Sprite
       <>Flash screen
       <>Wait 0.3
       <>
     <>
<>Branch if Var [enemy x] is 1
    <>Flash Sprite
      <>Flash screen
      <>Wait 0.3
      <>
    <>
     <>Flash Sprite
       <>Flash screen
       <>Wait 0.3
       <>
     <>
     <>Flash Sprite
       <>Flash screen
       <>Wait 0.3
       <>
     <>
Fun, eh?

It seems like just a cut and paste job but it's rather difficult and time consuming to intergrate it with the magic/skill system.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-02-03 at 11:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-02-03, 02:39 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'm in the middle of coding my cbs/abs...."
Watch out for assigning anything to shift, people may have that as the stickykeys activator.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-03, 06:09 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Watch out for assigning anything to..."
Atnas said:
Watch out for assigning anything to shift, people may have that as the stickykeys activator.
I planned on having some sort of notice.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-02-04, 01:52 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I planned on having some sort of notice."
Sticky Keys!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-12, 09:41 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Sticky Keys!"
Goodlookinguy said:
Sticky Keys!
Got da map fo my game scanned and redone. Gotta fix the text though. I'm at school so I don't have my fonts.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wed-G

Posted 2008-02-12, 10:50 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Got da map fo my game scanned and..."
Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix up some untidy borders, but I like how each country looks geographically.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-12, 06:34 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix..."
Atnas said:
Heh, nice photoshop. Might want to fix up some untidy borders, but I like how each country looks geographically.
I agree, that was done very well.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-16, 12:13 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I agree, that was done very well."
Update!

Game Name: The Random RTP Adventure Tales
Author: GLG and Michael_sama
Music: RTP
Graphics: RTP
Type: Comedy/Drama
Time Expect to be ready: April 1, 2008

March 1st is a bit insane, but his mind was little out. He forgot which month followed this month. All right, time for some truth, the game will be completed. Why? I’m involved, so that is all the reason you need.

I’m not the programmer, but as someone whose mind won’t jump around—I logically constructed a simple game. Well, the outline at least. The story is simple, but hopefully it will be half-hour adventure you will enjoy.

My main jobs will be as the writer, concept designer, and dungeon layout. With my brother and I working together, I do expect this to be completed next month or the month after. This will be the first game my brother and myself will actually complete. He’s really enthusiastic about the project, and so am I since I’ve never completed a game myself. I’ve made a demo, but that’s it. My little brother will post the final project.
“Attaining one hundred victors in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy’s army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Michael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMichael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Michael_sama