Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

Adding videos to my RPG Maker VX section
Posted 2008-02-05, 06:03 AM
I'm adding RPG Maker VX videos to my rpg maker section on my website. If you have any videos upload and send them, I'll host them. And I mean instuctional videos, tutorials, etc. things of that nature.

If you plan to upload one make sure it is encoded in DivX or Xvid not some crappy .flv file. My site will host nice looking videos, not bad ones! I already have one video up specifically for RPG Maker VX Japanese Version, with the English Patch, how to make the Hero Name Input into English, it's not hard to do. So if you want to see it go here

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-05, 01:34 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Adding videos to my RPG Maker VX section"
Hey that's a really nice tutorial, man. I think some of the inputting could have been editted out, but I can now walk away knowing how to do this confidently, having never touched the scripts in VX yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-05, 02:15 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Hey that's a really nice tutorial, man...."
Atnas said:
Hey that's a really nice tutorial, man. I think some of the inputting could have been editted out, but I can now walk away knowing how to do this confidently, having never touched the scripts in VX yet.

Atnas you should download my V3 starter download it comes with 4 sections to scroll though for the imput of letters, and I translated a heavy portion of the entire thing! Make sure to have the english patch on the trial and the loader!

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-02-05 at 02:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-05, 03:24 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Adding videos to my RPG Maker VX section"
VX is still in trial kit mode. Someone will have to bring the official Japanese one to use to translate some time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-02-05, 03:40 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "VX is still in trial kit mode. Someone..."
KagomJack said:
VX is still in trial kit mode. Someone will have to bring the official Japanese one to use to translate some time.
Beep, I screwed up while I was recording the benefits of downloading my starter kit. I set it to go in full mode but I didn't treat it like it was in full mode and the video looks screwy.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-05, 05:42 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "VX is still in trial kit mode. Someone..."
KagomJack said:
Um, you do you that what you’re talking about is illegal. That’s why I’m allowing content of a trial version download within a domain I pay for (Goodlookinguy’s site), unless you are talking about a translation for a paid Japanese version of the game. However, that seems wrong, since the English version will be on our door steps very soon. Have patience and good things will come.
“Attaining one hundred victors in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy’s army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Michael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMichael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Michael_sama

Posted 2008-02-05, 07:02 PM in reply to Michael_sama's post starting "Um, you do you that what you’re talking..."
Michael_sama said:
Um, you do you that what you’re talking about is illegal. That’s why I’m allowing content of a trial version download within a domain I pay for (Goodlookinguy’s site), unless you are talking about a translation for a paid Japanese version of the game. However, that seems wrong, since the English version will be on our door steps very soon. Have patience and good things will come.
Your a little late here, you know I'm using the ... version of the game, and he has it as well.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-05, 08:08 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Your a little late here, you know I'm..."
My policy on pirated software is: If I'm not able to buy it, then they wouldn't have recieved profit in the first place, so it isn't hurting them in the end. It's true. And once I am legally able to get a job I'll pay for all my pirated software.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2008-02-05, 08:18 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "My policy on pirated software is: If..."
Atnas said:
My policy on pirated software is: If I'm not able to buy it, then they wouldn't have recieved profit in the first place, so it isn't hurting them in the end. It's true. And once I am legally able to get a job I'll pay for all my pirated software.
I agree with you on that statement!!!
---
EDIT 2/7/08

Atnas you told me I could have cut some of the footage or at least have spead it up, well I can now, I just now for the first time finally got the god-awful Adobe Primere CS3 to work and not tell me that the licensing is up! Thank you Adobe for a crappy register system!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-02-07 at 08:29 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-07, 12:14 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Adding videos to my RPG Maker VX section"
True and I believe that's fine, but here comes the question. When are you going to buy it? All my money that's coming in is going to school and your website. Then again, there’s a special deal going on at 1&1 that I might just take to save me more green.
“Attaining one hundred victors in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy’s army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Michael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMichael_sama is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Michael_sama

Posted 2008-02-07, 12:53 PM in reply to Michael_sama's post starting "True and I believe that's fine, but..."
Michael_sama said:
True and I believe that's fine, but here comes the question. When are you going to buy it? All my money that's coming in is going to school and your website. Then again, there’s a special deal going on at 1&1 that I might just take to save me more green.
More Green, more fun!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-02-14, 04:38 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Adding videos to my RPG Maker VX section"
Goodlookinguy said:
I'm adding RPG Maker VX videos to my rpg maker section on my website. If you have any videos upload and send them, I'll host them. And I mean instuctional videos, tutorials, etc. things of that nature.

If you plan to upload one make sure it is encoded in DivX or Xvid not some crappy .flv file. My site will host nice looking videos, not bad ones! I already have one video up specifically for RPG Maker VX Japanese Version, with the English Patch, how to make the Hero Name Input into English, it's not hard to do. So if you want to see it go here
The starter kit is quite good, but the battle system is broken. (HP damage values are not shown) If it was fixed, this would be golden.

---

The starter pack is actually quite great, although it doesn't show the damage being dealt to the monsters or players. If that was fixed it would be golden.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-02-15 at 05:47 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Alastor

Posted 2008-02-15, 11:46 AM in reply to Alastor's post starting "The starter kit is quite good, but the..."
Alastor said:
The starter kit is quite good, but the battle system is broken. (HP damage values are not shown) If it was fixed, this would be golden.

---

The starter pack is actually quite great, although it doesn't show the damage being dealt to the monsters or players. If that was fixed it would be golden.
Aw, yes my latest version is not done yet and it has everything as it should be. I am checking all of the translations again. 3/4 of the RGSS has been translated so far. I will also have a different starter kit for people who have the full version of the game with extra stages I built using some of my complicated event making. Not only that but extra items ONLY for the full version. So get the full version if you want an actual starter kit from me in a little while.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy