Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Ok
Posted 2003-07-17, 01:38 AM
Everytime i play a game it always lets me play like 20 minutes into the game but then shuts off fully. i dont know if i have a trojan or if i have not enough ram or somthing or what... but help!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-07-17, 11:52 AM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
does your computer crash, or does the game crash. Does your computer just restart?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Gsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGsus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Gsus

Posted 2003-07-17, 12:03 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
Get any error messages?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-17, 12:11 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
hmm, happened to me.. my cause was that the CPU was overheating.. put it in a colder spot (so the back can fan easily) remove the dust off where the air gets sucked into the fan on the back and if u can.. put it near a vent so it cools off faster

My sig won't show =/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
EX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEX-Mania is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

EX-Mania

Posted 2003-07-17, 04:18 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
my case was because I had overclocked my computer. my comp would just restart during games and the problem stop occuring when I downclocked it again.
It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow when intact to your miserable body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Strider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStrider Fury is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Strider Fury

Posted 2003-07-17, 04:23 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
overheating is probably the awnser. Check what are temperature outside and how long you been on the comp.

If you think heat is the problem maybe you should add a fan or 2 in there.

Try spacing up your hd if you have more then 1.

Also check if there lot of dust in there and clean it it always help.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-07-17, 06:19 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
ok guys if your right i will be eternally greatful and i will personally give you a great big hug(in my lifetime)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-07-18, 12:34 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
If the CPU overheats it's supposed to give a high-pitched beep, maybe that's just for serious overheating.

You could have a bad stick of RAM, or incorrect memory timings.

Edit: 
Actually you never said whether the game shut off fully or the computer did, either way overheating would do this
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-18, 12:41 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
Oh, so that's what happens when my computer makes that beep sound. It's overheating! Well, I'll fix that up!

Wait, no I won't. I'll wait til I'm done building my computer, and sell this one for some food.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-18, 02:44 PM in reply to slaynish's post "Ok"
uncapped said:
Oh, so that's what happens when my computer makes that beep sound. It's overheating! Well, I'll fix that up!

Wait, no I won't. I'll wait til I'm done building my computer, and sell this one for some food.
it could also be that your computer is set to shut off at a temperature that is actually of no cause for alarm. Go into your BIOS and check your computer's temperature settings. Shutting off before 70 degrees Celsius is not really necessary.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
mightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenmightychicken is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

mightychicken