Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II > D2 PvP

Wwsin
Posted 2004-06-13, 08:53 AM
Im trying to build a WWsin but dont know how the skill points are distributed.

Can anyone here tell me what skills and stats to use? Base vit and all out dex or...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-06-13, 03:38 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Wwsin"
STR: Enough for gear with any mods you have
DEX: Same
VIT: Everything here
ENE: Base

This is my skill setup:

20 Venom
20 Shadow Master
20 Claw Mastery
10 Weapon Block
10 Fade
1 Dragon Flight (Prereqs)
1 Blade Shield (Prereqs)
1 Mind Blast

Current Gear (vs melee)

2x Chaos with +3 Venom Mods
48% Bramble Armor
Shako with 5/5 Poison Facet
Mara's Ammy
Trang's Gloves
Perfect Verdungo's
Gore Riders
20 DEX Raven Frost
BK Ring

I carry a CTA and Lidless on weapon switch.

I've got Nat set in stash for vs casters and various absorbs. Also have an Angelic Ring + Ammy if I face something I can't hit even when I use Cloak of Shadows.

Charms: 10x Shadow GCS, Annihilus, and 9x resist/run-walk charms.

I've got about 2100 life when BO'd. Not too bad. WWsin is one of the better choices to put down annoying necros.

I can post a more in depth guide on Thursday...

Edit: Just FYI, I have a 5.5k/5.3k Whirlwind, and gaining 2.1k from my Venom (which acts over 0.4 secs). Venom is fast enough for multiple triggers in a whirlwind.

Blade Shield also carries your Venom damage, so you don't even need to actually hit them at times. WWsins can be dangerous.

blckshdwdragon may also have some suggestions.

Last edited by Vollstrecker; 2004-06-13 at 04:31 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-13, 06:42 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "STR: Enough for gear with any mods you..."
Maybe you can lose one of the chaos for a maybe an zod eth jade or something cause your build doesn't seem to have enough resis.

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-06-13, 06:50 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "Maybe you can lose one of the chaos for..."
Wow thnx so much very nice setup you have there voll.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2004-06-13, 09:28 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Wow thnx so much very nice setup you..."
If you're planning on using poisen charms, or 290s, do not put any into poisen because it doesnt stack. + The poisen damage when maxed etc, is only what... 400-800? 5 290s pwns that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2004-06-13, 09:46 PM in reply to slaynish's post starting "If you're planning on using poisen..."
What claw should i make the chaos from? Suwayyah?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2004-06-13, 09:53 PM in reply to Pekson's post starting "What claw should i make the chaos from?..."
Pek I hope you don't plan on pking in hardcore....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-06-14, 05:34 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Pek I hope you don't plan on pking in..."
No no not in hc more like SC hehe. Ive made a pkk zon to kill pkers but that build was boring so i dumped that, probably a pkk necro.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2004-06-14, 07:11 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "Maybe you can lose one of the chaos for..."
ExT said:
Maybe you can lose one of the chaos for a maybe an zod eth jade or something cause your build doesn't seem to have enough resis.
No. I switch to Nat Set + Absorb and Fade vs. elemental casters. I almost never lose to a caster. If I do, it's a Trapsin who keeps me Stun locked for 5 mins in traps. Literally, 5 mins. Gay dueling tactic if you ask me...

Slaynish said:
The poisen damage when maxed etc, is only what... 400-800? 5 290s pwns that.
No, my Venom does 2.1k over 0.4 seconds. Granted, it's reduced for PvP, BUT, I get 2-3 Venom hits (maybe) in a WW, and 0.4 seconds is roughly 6 frames. Venom is usually cleared and ready to roll before I hit again. Keep in mind there IS no poison absorb. 290's take forever, and are lame...

You would be surprised at how much my 'Sin has improved since last you saw her, Nick.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-14, 05:35 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "No. I switch to Nat Set + Absorb and..."
Vollstrecker said:
No. I switch to Nat Set + Absorb and Fade vs. elemental casters. I almost never lose to a caster. If I do, it's a Trapsin who keeps me Stun locked for 5 mins in traps. Literally, 5 mins. Gay dueling tactic if you ask me...
I know what you mean by that 5 min, happens to me too. Is there any ways to diminish the effect of that stunlock? Does faster hit recovery help in any way against that?

Share the Pr0n, Not the lag
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenExT is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ExT

Posted 2004-06-14, 08:33 PM in reply to ExT's post starting "I know what you mean by that 5 min,..."
Does the claw speed matter with WW? So its either feral claws or scissors suwayyah that is good to use?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2004-06-15, 07:46 AM in reply to Pekson's post starting "Does the claw speed matter with WW? So..."
I'm not 100% sure if the Assassins have their own IAS breakpoints for Whirlwind or if the follow the Barb's tables and assume 1 handed weapons.

I'll be researching that on Thursday AND post a FULL guide on how to make a smitingly good WWsin (in an attempt to regain some face after blckshdwdragon beat the tar out of me for my last Assassin build).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-17, 01:29 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'm not 100% sure if the Assassins have..."
Vollstrecker said:
I'm not 100% sure if the Assassins have their own IAS breakpoints for Whirlwind or if the follow the Barb's tables and assume 1 handed weapons.

I'll be researching that on Thursday AND post a FULL guide on how to make a smitingly good WWsin (in an attempt to regain some face after blckshdwdragon beat the tar out of me for my last Assassin build).
lol....... any how Pekson i am currently writting a guide for a WW sin (started like a few days ago then went on 7 day vacation now im back) so i wont tell any hints on it yet, your gonna have to read around another 6 pages or so type guide :P
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-06-17, 03:53 PM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "lol....... any how Pekson i am..."
Damn you. I was planning on putting out a WWsin guide today...

Oh well. Yours will likely be better.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-06-22, 09:39 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "Damn you. I was planning on putting..."
lol...do i see a wee rivalry here???
Eh Ma, Ima Gunna B An Engish Magor

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
koolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkoolio_kid2001 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

koolio_kid2001

Posted 2004-06-22, 11:41 AM in reply to koolio_kid2001's post starting "lol...do i see a wee rivalry here???"
koolio_kid2001 said:
lol...do i see a wee rivalry here???
cut out your spam or ima have to insist i meet on bnet and pk and nk you and watch u spam there ~!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon