Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Extracting
Posted 2002-10-30, 10:35 PM
On photoshop7 theres some images i would like to extract. I know theres a extract button on PShop7 but i seem to do a sloppy job of it. Are there any tips on how to cleanly do it or it just takes a little zooming in and doing it pixel by pixel ^-^.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-10-30, 10:44 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Extracting"
i copy the general object you want to extract, and paste it onto a new layer and zoom in and use the eraser around the edges
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-10-31, 01:28 AM in reply to Pekson's post "Extracting"
Ahhh i c that'll still take quiet a bit of time but its another way rather than using extract button.......with extract button once the image is extracted there is no background right?

Bcoz i dont want a background on it just like my little AVATAR thats how i want it.

Or with the method Sum Yung Guy uses yes u would be able to get the image but how would the white background be taken away?

I like to make my own background and then just move the image freely.

THNX!

Last edited by Pekson; 2002-10-31 at 01:32 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Pekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPekson is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Pekson

Posted 2002-10-31, 12:04 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Extracting"
Quick mask the object and paste it into a transparent gif image, and then smooth the edges with either blur tool (iffy). That has always worked for me whenever I have tried to do what you're trying to do.

Hope that works for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bezier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBezier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bezier

Posted 2002-11-07, 11:24 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Extracting"
Sorry i havent been looking here but wat do u mean by quick masking? soz im a little new to photoshop stuff...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Pekson

Posted 2002-11-08, 12:10 PM in reply to Pekson's post "Extracting"
Quote:
Originally posted by Pekson
Sorry i havent been looking here but wat do u mean by quick masking? soz im a little new to photoshop stuff...
On the toolbar (left) near the bottom there should be 2 circles alongside eachother. Press the one on the right. Use the pencil tool on your preferred pixel size and color what you want selected. It should be a semi-transparent red. If not, check to make sure you're in Quick Mask mode (see sentence 1 and 2). Once you've colored the object in, click the left circle on the toolbar (which is also located on the bottom). Go to Select > Inverse. The object or person in which you colored should be the selected one. Next, copy it and paste it into a new image or an exiting image in which you want it to be in.

Hope that helps.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Bezier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenBezier is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Bezier