Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:49 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Ok, my parents raised me that way,..."
...are you serious? Are you fucking kidding me? "Because my parents raised me that way" is one of the most ASININE reasons I have ever heard for being against gay marriage. What the hell, man? Think for your fucking self. I went through the stage of doing shit because that's how my parents raised me, but you need to think about what you're saying.

Your idea of civil unions for everyone, but marriage between man and woman is echoing the separate, but equal idealologies that were VERY popular pre-Civil Rights movement era. No, you're not clamoring for the gays to have their own drinking fountain and have them sit in the back of the bus, but you are trying to say that they don't deserve to get the full shabang that straight people are entitled to.

I've said all I have to say.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:54 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "...are you serious? Are you fucking..."
Well, sometimes we were all naive like that. I was raised that way, but I'm not my parents. So I have different opinions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:02 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well, sometimes we were all naive like..."
See, every reason I would give would just be critiziced and flamed, so what was the point of giving an excuse? I don't like gay marriage. KJ, you're exaggerating it. Giving the civil rights era was a bad example, it's just marriage. Why can't they just keep a civil union?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:05 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "See, every reason I would give would..."
How am I exaggerating? I used the mindset of "separate, but equal" from pre-Civil Rights movement era to show your thinking because that IS what you are doing. Civil unions: Okay! Marriage: aw hell nah niqqa!

Why can't they just keep a civil union? Because that's not fair. I believe marriage should be allowed for both genders. I'm not saying we need to force religious institutions to marry two people of the same sex. If a religious institution doesn't want to, then they don't have to. But as far as the rest goes, I think it's only fair to do both.

Also, I haven't flamed you. I got nippy, but I didn't flame you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:05 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "See, every reason I would give would..."
It's a very bad excuse.

Stanley Cups
2015 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2014 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2013 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks. C-Jonathon Toews
2012 Stanley Cup Champions: The Los Angeles Kings. C-Dustin Brown
2011 Stanley Cup Champions: The Boston Bruins. C-Zdeno Chara
2010 Stanley Cup Champions: The Chicago Blackhawks C-Jonathon Toews
2009 Stanley Cup Champions: The Pittsburgh Penguins C-Sidney Crosby
2008 Stanley Cup Champions: The Detroit Red Wings C-Nicklas Lidstrom
2007 Stanley Cup Champions: The Ducks Of Anaheim C-Scott Neidermayer
2006 Stanley Cup Champions: The Carolina Hurricanes C-Rod Brind'Amour
2004 Stanley Cup Champions: The Tampa Bay Lightning C-Dave Andreychuk

Longevity

TWELVE YEAR VETERAN (October 2002)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:08 AM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "It's a very bad excuse."
Well you still were going to criticize whatever I said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:10 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Well you still were going to criticize..."
Criticism is a daily factor of life. You take it with stride, examine the other person's point of view, then come to a decision after examining both sides of the coin. I've examined both sides before. Don't take it so personally.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:15 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Well you still were going to criticize..."
Just give me an opinion worth respecting thats all I'm looking for.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
quikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifequikspy67 shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:15 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Criticism is a daily factor of life. ..."
I'm not taking it personally, I just Identified the inevitable. You were all pestering me to identify an excuse when you knew that you would criticize whatever I said with your beliefs in a negative way
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:17 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "I'm not taking it personally, I just..."
I don't always criticize an opposing viewpoint. If it had been a religious reason, I'd have been lax and less critical. I can understand that point and I do have respect for it. But when it's simply "I just don't like homosexual marriage," that begs a bit of criticism.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-26, 01:17 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Ok, my parents raised me that way,..."
Wallow said: [Goto]
Ok, my parents raised me that way, happy?
Ok, I'm against donuts because I don't have a TV set, happy?

You might as well have said that instead. Seriously man just answer the question why and answer it honestly. You are starting to act like Kyeruu except Kyeruu had and still has the balls to take it like a boy scout.

You shouldn't care so much about other peoples views. When you care too much you become the type of person who watches reality shows. I don't give a damn about what people think or say about health issues I stand by my statement that Neil Diamond and the CDC are a bunch of jackasses.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-26, 02:13 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "Ok, I'm against donuts because I don't..."
From Gay Rights to Nature vs. Nurture. Man, what a thread.

Honestly, I can see his side with the whole "Because my parents raised me that way" arguement. If you're told something since you were young, it's rather hard to think of it as anything but true. Children grow up thinking that their parents are always right. Of course, some people have the sense to actually think for themselves and realize that they aren't always right, and decide to form their own opinions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2008-07-26, 02:38 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "From Gay Rights to Nature vs. Nurture...."
I personally thought my parents were dumbasses growing up and I still think my mother is stupid today. Along with my sisters that actually believe half the crap that comes out of her mouth.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-26, 04:21 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I personally thought my parents were..."
Wallow is a fucking dumbass. Yes this is a flame. I don't give a shit. LOL.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-26, 04:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Wallow is a fucking dumbass. Yes this..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Wallow is a fucking dumbass. Yes this is a flame. I don't give a shit. LOL.
I don't believe that because thats the way my parents raised me.
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

hotdog

Posted 2008-07-26, 09:27 PM in reply to hotdog's post starting "I don't believe that because thats the..."
Hold up, y'all. Now, I may disagree with his beliefs and even the reason he is against gay marriage, but there really is no reason to flame him, at least not in this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2008-07-26, 10:44 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Hold up, y'all. Now, I may disagree..."
I'm sorry KJ it was so hard to resist.

Stanley Cups

Longevity

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

quikspy67

Posted 2008-07-26, 11:18 PM in reply to quikspy67's post starting "I'm sorry KJ it was so hard to resist."
I am opposed to gay marriages! Hell, I am opposed to straight marriages! Although, in recent times, marriage has become less about a bonding of two lives to be forever intertwined in the holy-ness of whatever god you happen to worship; and more about, "Hey, let's get married, we have a tax break once we hit the 6 month mark, and we even have other bonuses!"

Just so we're clear here, I am opposed to ALL marriage, no matter if it was if it was a KKK leader to Beyonce, or Brad Pitt to Tommy Lee!

I guess it would be nice to know that you have that option available, though...

I guess an easier way to look at it is like this: If you go to a store to buy an XBOX 360, but you already own a Playstation 3, you wouldn't be able to. You, as a person who purchased the PS3, are seen as 1.) less than a human by the cashier, who happens to own a 360; and 2.) You are expected to not want a 360, because of your immense hatred of the typical Sony fanboy for Microsoft.

I know you guys may think, "WTF? Were talking marriage and he's talking videogames.... what a *insert harsh uncalled for name here*!", but in my head, it all makes sense! And that's all that matters!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-07-27, 12:21 AM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I am opposed to gay marriages! Hell, I..."
I'm not determined enough to read all of this. But, (edit)while(endedit) I will say that denying a homosexual couple rights is against what's right, I think we evolved/were created as male and female for a reason.

My reasoning?

Penis into vagina.
Shit out of ass.

Given that shit is waste, broken down bile and avoided by most reasonable people, I don't understand how people can consider that to be right. It seems to go against our species.

That's really all I'm going to say, so call me ignorant or whatever, I just don't plan on responding.

Last edited by Wed-G; 2008-07-27 at 04:58 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-07-27, 09:49 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I'm not determined enough to read all..."
So...to deny gay people the righ to marry is against what's right, yet...I have no idea what I'm trying to get at :'C
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack