Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

WoW player harrasses woman in-game, gets beat up by woman's husband IRL
Posted 2007-05-02, 12:36 PM
http://www.qj.net/WoW-player-harrass...g/49/aid/91058

Bronco Carson, a World of Warcraft player from Mexico, reported to police on Saturday that three men broke into his home and beat his arms with clubs and totalled his computer. The reason? Carson had been repeatedly ganking the WoW character of the wife of one of his assailants.

Carson reportedly told police that he had been "making it hard for her to get far in the game." The woman had already threatened Carson online, and Carson said that he had already been constantly harassed in-game two weeks prior to the attack.

And then Carson made the mistake of giving the woman his address, telling the woman that "if her husband was man enough to just come meet me to settle this."

The result? Carson got two broken fingers and a fractured wrist during the assault. His computer and entertainment center were also totalled by his three attackers before they left. "I knew that I might be messed with in the game but I didn't really expect her husband to come looking for me," said Carson. "I couldn't have been more wrong."

Now let this be a lesson to everybody. Taunting people behind the relative safety of the Internet may be fun, but don't be stupid enough to give out your real home address. If you do, then it's a whole new ballgame.

Funny shit IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-05-02, 12:39 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "WoW player harrasses woman in-game,..."
Wow, how dumb can you be?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-02, 01:41 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Wow, how dumb can you be?"
LOL. Nothing bad ever happens from the Internet. Didn't you know that!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-05-02, 08:15 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "LOL. Nothing bad ever happens from the..."
E-thugging is serious business.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-02, 08:22 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "E-thugging is serious business."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2007-05-02, 10:36 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "E-thugging is serious business."
Remember the d2 days, voll? XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2007-05-02, 10:55 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Remember the d2 days, voll? XD"
I was one of the unnamed 3 assailants. I admit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-03, 04:40 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I was one of the unnamed 3 assailants. ..."
Thank the gods you didn't go in there for a snack, then.

---

Rather amusing story. It'll definitiely learn him not to harass people and then give them his address.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-05-03, 06:29 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Thank the gods you didn't go in there..."
Hillarious. There were times in D2 that I wished I could've done that. I'm a serious E-Gang Member. Fo sho.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2007-05-03, 06:40 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "WoW player harrasses woman in-game,..."
I don't really think it's funny, it's just absolutely ridiculous/insane.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2007-05-03, 08:31 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I don't really think it's funny, it's..."
uh yea! I hope kaneda never got that far into it, yuck. Its pathetic ugh
Your fucking stupid
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
klo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeklo shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

klo

Posted 2007-05-03, 01:06 PM in reply to klo's post starting "uh yea! I hope kaneda never got that..."
Kaneda was too busy cybering with random female avatars to get into e-violence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2007-05-03, 02:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "E-thugging is serious business."
E thuggin for life.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-05-03, 07:55 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "E thuggin for life."
"E-Bad Boy for Life."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2007-05-04, 04:22 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Remember the d2 days, voll? XD"
Sovereign said:
Remember the d2 days, voll? XD
In which way? The days where we griefed dueling games for hours on end or where I'd grief Cow Level games on my Necro who'd summon so many minions that he'd drop people from the game?

Both were hilarious as hell, in any case.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-05-04, 04:24 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "WoW player harrasses woman in-game,..."
Fake story.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2007-05-04, 04:33 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "In which way? The days where we..."
How do you grief D2 games? I thought they were passworded?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-05-04, 05:01 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "How do you grief D2 games? I thought..."
Still a ton of open games on battle net.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2007-05-04, 05:27 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "How do you grief D2 games? I thought..."
WetWired said:
How do you grief D2 games? I thought they were passworded?
Smart people password their games, therefore most of Battle.net does not, simply by definition.

Also, most duel games were public. I built a nearly unkillable Paladin and we just curb-stomped game after game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker