Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

The issues list
Posted 2004-01-19, 04:17 PM
Read the rest of the post. If your issue still exists and is not on the list, post it.

Fires
  • 404 Errors
  • Huge wait between last post and quick reply when loading threads
Less urgent
  • Flashing bar for new PMs
  • # of new posts and threads since last visit
  • Scrollbars on vBcode tags featuring pre-formatted text
  • View new posts refresh
Long term
  • Attachment thumbnails
Not an issue
  • Click to quick reply

Last edited by WetWired; 2004-01-24 at 06:55 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:21 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The issues list"
Less urgent, How about adding scroll area when users use the [ code ], [ php ], and thumbnails for attached images like on vb.org. That why the screen width doesn't go out of aligned.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:31 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "Less urgent, How about adding scroll..."
There is a software issue with the [code] tag. The other tags should already have an auto scroll on Synthesis, though perhaps not on Default. The thumbnails thing is because of the way apache is compiled. We are getting a server control panel sometime soon, which will mean a different build of apache; I'll look into getting glib back on the server at that time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:35 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "There is a software issue with the..."
http://www.zelaron.com/forum/newthread.php
http://www.zelaron.com/forum/newreply.php

"Page cannot be displayed" just wanted to let you know.

Im on ocean maybe that could be it?

Last edited by Sovereign; 2004-01-19 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Added Missing URL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:41 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "http://www.zelaron.com/forum/newthread.p..."
Sovereign said:
http://www.zelaron.com/forum/newthread.php
http://www.zelaron.com/forum/newreply.php

"Page cannot be displayed" just wanted to let you know.

Im on ocean maybe that could be it?
All ready been mentioned. thats the 404....

WetWired said:
There is a software issue with the[code] tag. The other tags should already have an auto scroll on Synthesis, though perhaps not on Default. The thumbnails thing is because of the way apache is compiled. We are getting a server control panel sometime soon, which will mean a different build of apache; I'll look into getting glib back on the server at that time.
Kool, good deal
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-19, 04:58 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "All ready been mentioned. thats the..."
One more thing, when i click on the forum leaders link for Synth. it shows this for the email. Minor, but tacky.

Edit: Another thing, i went to a thread and saw a pretty interesting post. So i wanted to reply to it. So i click the Quick Reply button and type a shit load of stuff. Then i press submit and says that the read is closed. You think we can make the quick reply go away and/or add a closed button where the reply button normally is.

Last edited by LiveWire; 2004-01-19 at 05:15 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-19, 08:49 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "One more thing, when i click on the..."
Here's an issue. When you go to the New Posts page, it shows all the new posts. However, if you hit refresh, the list is not updated. You have to either leave and return to the page or simply click the New Posts link again. This may be a minor problem, but I'm a frequent user of F5 in the New Posts page, and it doesn't work right now.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-01-19, 08:54 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Here's an issue. When you go to the..."
I have a view new posts button on my IE, maybe some others should do it too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-01-19, 10:47 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The issues list"
WetWired said:
  • Attachment thumbnails
Isn't there a pre-made hack for this?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-01-19, 11:39 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "Isn't there a pre-made hack for this?"
Randuin said:
Isn't there a pre-made hack for this?
No, it's now a default feature. But Zelaron can't use it yet. I believe There version of PHP doesn't supports image functions, and it requires GD 2+.

WetWired said:
The thumbnails thing is because of the way apache is compiled. We are getting a server control panel sometime soon, which will mean a different build of apache;
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-20, 12:24 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "No, it's now a default feature. But..."
Imagemagick ownz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-01-24, 06:54 PM in reply to WetWired's post "The issues list"
Is anyone still getting "cannot find server" or 404 errors? If you are, have you tried closing all browser windows and deleting the contents of your "temporary internet files" folder (usually in Windows directory) or equivilent?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

WetWired

Posted 2004-01-25, 10:19 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Is anyone still getting "cannot find..."
WetWired said:
Is anyone still getting "cannot find server" or 404 errors? If you are, have you tried closing all browser windows and deleting the contents of your "temporary internet files" folder (usually in Windows directory) or equivilent?
I have been, Anytime im using the search part of the site. I press okay and i get a 404 and it happens everytime. so i can't search the site.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-25, 10:22 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "I have been, Anytime im using the..."
All I really care about getting fixed is the "New Posts Since Your Last Visit". I don't know why, but I really miss that the most.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-01-25, 10:33 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "All I really care about getting fixed..."
There it is. Go install it....
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59583
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-25, 10:53 AM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "There it is. Go install it......."
downloaded, thanks for the link
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2004-01-25, 12:42 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "downloaded, thanks for the link"
Before the forum was upgrdaed to VB3 I always used to click on view new posts and it would show all the new posts that were made since I last checked. Now it seems like it leaves out some threads in announcements, and perhaps threads from some other sections as well. Was this done on purpose or is this a glitch? If this was done on purpose is there any way I can set it back to the way it originally was, because it was easier for me to see what was posted back then. It's not a big deal or anything, this way I just miss some posts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-01-25, 02:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Before the forum was upgrdaed to VB3 I..."
mjordan2nd said:
Before the forum was upgrdaed to VB3 I always used to click on view new posts and it would show all the new posts that were made since I last checked. Now it seems like it leaves out some threads in announcements, and perhaps threads from some other sections as well. Was this done on purpose or is this a glitch? If this was done on purpose is there any way I can set it back to the way it originally was, because it was easier for me to see what was posted back then. It's not a big deal or anything, this way I just miss some posts.
It's part of the new vb3 system. If you posted in a thread or viewed any and you go and click on view new post. Then it will not show up cause you all ready viewed the post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

LiveWire

Posted 2004-01-25, 03:25 PM in reply to LiveWire's post starting "It's part of the new vb3 system. If you..."
I like to use HUD, but when I change it... it changes back to Synthesis 2 (Orig Blue) after an hour or two... or if I logg off
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2004-01-25, 03:39 PM in reply to Acer's post starting "I like to use HUD, but when I change..."
You have to change it from your user control panel for it to stay that way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign