Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Scar Stories
Posted 2008-05-22, 01:48 PM
Tell the story of a (non-surgical) scar you have somewhere on your body.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-05-22, 01:52 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
Here goes.

I was three years old. I lived in the same city I do now -- College Station, except at that time my father was a grad student. We were shopping for groceries at Apple Tree. I was goofing around with the cart. Needless to say, the thing fell on me, along with all the groceries. I was hurt, and bleeding. My dad took some of the medicine there and applied it. I still have a scar from it on my hand, though. It looks somewhat like someone has permanently pinched my skin.

Yea, not the most exciting. Anyway, go!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2008-05-22, 01:52 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
Great thread idea...

I've got about a 4 inch scar on my forhead from an accident when I was younger.

I would say I was about 4 or 5 years old when it happened, I was with my mom who was working out at the time at some "Ladies fitness center" and I was in the child daycare center, area, whatever. Anyways, we were playing some stuffed animal "catching" game, she'd toss it and me and these other two kids would dive for the animals. All in good fun and seemingly safe enough, anyways, the girl working there just happened to toss one right at this adjacent corner of a cabinent in that play room, and sure enough I split my forhead wide open, ended up having to get about 8-9 stitches, and a nice little scar. (Now that I look back on it, we could have possibly filed a lawsuit against the company, but I guess it'd be too late now to do so)..

Also, i've got a nice little scar from the butterfly bandages on my right hand ring finger from when I had gotten bit by our dog (I don't remember what happened but he snapped) and it traces back right from my fingernail to the middle of my finger, no stitches but a nice scar.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-22, 01:57 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Great thread idea... I've got..."
i once fell off a bike and have a scar on my knee
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2008-05-22, 02:12 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
I've got a scar on my forehead from the scope of a gun. It was my first time shooting a high-powered rifle and I didn't give myself enough eye relief. I bled like a stuck hog.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-22, 02:59 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "I've got a scar on my forehead from the..."
I have a scar above my right eyebrow, right in under my chin, On my right pointer finger right above the knuckle, and about a half inch scar on my middle finger inbetween the fingernail and I guess second knuckle. The eyebrow one came from when My dad was driving a truck, he got home and I was leaning on the door, I was a little kid then, and he opened it and I fell out, cutting the spot where the scar is on my eyebrow on the bottom of the door. I don't 'member where the one on my chin came from. I got the one on my pointer finger running around outside about six months and scraped my hand across the side of the brick house. The one on my middle finger I got when My dad was drilling, I had to hold onto a peice of plastic while he drilled out a bigger hole in a peice of medal. The thing started to spin and I couldn't hold it, the peice of medal bent and sliced my finger. Didn't hurt but it scarred, It's fun to show it to people.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoriander shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coriander

Posted 2008-05-22, 03:04 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
Got a lovely one on my right thumb.

I was slicing a loaf of crusty bread (you know the sort - massive loaf, thick crust), turned away for a moment, turned back, and the bread was red. I shrugged, put that piece to one side, and carried on cutting. After putting aside the third piece of bread, I felt some sort of liquid running down my right thumb, looked at it, and I had a chunk missing.

Took a few weeks to heal, and now I've got a beautiful scar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-05-22, 03:25 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
2 seconds of air time; subsequent contact with gravel concrete. Scars on my knee, hipbone and right hand resulted.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-05-22, 03:55 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
ive got a beatiful scar on my left leg about 3 and a half inches from a rope burn from seberian husky and im working on a scar on my leg i had to get 12 stiches a couple of weeks ago from wreaking a minibikeand its going to be an F shape its real and it hurt
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-05-22, 04:35 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "2 seconds of air time; subsequent..."
On Halloween 1993, I had this pumpkin costume on. It was too icy to go trick or treating, so we ended up staying inside. My parents had put couch cushions up to block off a fireplace for me and my brothers, but somehow I got around them and ended up splitting my forehead open. My parents said that there was blood everywhere, and I had to get 13 stitches.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-23, 06:13 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
I was walking down some concrete steps and tripped with my knee going right into one of the steps and taking a small chunk of skin. It's not that noticable these days, though. But for the first few years you could tell there was something off with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-05-23, 01:26 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I was walking down some concrete steps..."
I have a few:

I used to have one in between my eye brows from chicken pox when I was really little.

I also have one on my right index finger from working on a set. I was holding some wood down and another guy was drilling a screw in downward with a screw bit. I was watching him and he slipped and said something like, "Uh oh..." I looked down and the screw bit on the drill was in the inner part of my finger (like the part that would be used to grab something with). so we run to seek medical aid and everything worked fine but I was feeling kinda faint.

Next was about last year. This one is on the left side of my left knee. i was riding a bike on a bike trail with one of my friends. He was infront of me and suddenly stopped because I figure he thought I was farther behiend and I didn't want to hit him so I swerved and fell off my bike and hit my knee on a rock and got it cut open a little. i also cut some other little scrathes on my legs and hands that healed.

Everything is fine though so nothing too exciting like a really bad scar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-23, 01:37 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "I have a few: I used to have one in..."
The only major scar I have is from when I last moved into the house I reside in now. There were lots of boxes, and a couple of boxcutters to open them with. My mom gave me a boxcutter to open the boxes I had with my stuff and toys, and I was jolly opening all of the boxes in my new room. Except there was this one box that I tried to open by cutting from the outside in. My left wrist happened to be at the corner of the box, and I stabbed it with the boxcutter as I cut down the box. Not pretty. The boxcutter fortunately stabbed right next to a major artery and not on it. Because we were moving into the house, my Mom had to stop the blood with her finger while one of my sisters looked for a bandage in all of the packed stuff. But I was ok after the wound was covered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-23, 02:24 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "The only major scar I have is from when..."
You cut your wrist?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-23, 03:38 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "You cut your wrist?"
mines rather simple, have a scar that went deep in my wrist miraculously didn't touch anything vital so it just sealed it self off

i was helping bringin' marble losets(how ever the hell you spell that)
and one broke so we put it appart, then my retard of a cousin, was running about and bumped me so i fell with the marbles and my wrist landed sideways on the broken marble piece and YANK, blood everywhere took like 1 month to heal
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2008-05-23, 04:03 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
I was riding a bike racing my friends to my house when I tried to make a shortcut off road turn. I lost control and hit a sign, flipped over the bike, and slashed open my knee. I think it needed 6 stitches and I've got a rather big scar from it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-05-29, 09:59 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I was riding a bike racing my friends..."
I have a scar right below my knee on my left leg. Me and a bunch of people were playing football at some local elementary school's field. It was really muddy and wet and I was probably the only person not wearing cleats. Anyway, I tackle my friend and he steps on my leg with his cleats. I really didn't feel it at the time, but then I felt something wet on the inside of my pant leg. I folded it up and there was a large amount of blood just rushing down my leg. So.. went home and cleaned it up. It didn't require stitches or anything (although my mom was freaking out saying it would), and it finally healed on its own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-05-29, 01:16 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I have a scar right below my knee on my..."
Ouch, I couldn't help thinking that pretty cool Thanatos. Seriously no sarcasm.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-05-30, 05:02 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "Scar Stories"
Demosthenes said:
Tell the story of a (non-surgical) scar you have somewhere on your body.
I have a diagonal scar above my upper lip. It appeared when I was about three, even though I did never hurt my face or anything when I was that young. Some months later (or maybe a couple of years), it appeared two small birthmarks around it, which made it a percent sign. Weird.

Another scar is on my chin. I was about ten, and me and my class were supposed to play rounders, on a gravelyard. I was wearing 4" platforms.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
skeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzskeptiskt enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

skeptiskt

Posted 2008-05-30, 05:02 PM in reply to skeptiskt's post starting "I have a diagonal scar above my upper..."
I have an appendectomy scar, a scar on my hand when I sliced it putting a shirt on under a light fixture my mom just -had- to get, have a scar over my right index finger where I closed a knife on my finger, I have a chicken pox scar over one of my eyebrows, and I have a scar from a piece of rock that got stuck in my hand when I slipped on ice on the bottom of my right hand.

One huge run-on sentence, but I just woke up and I'm too tired for correct mechanics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood