Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Life Discussion

View Poll Results: Should I quit?
Yes 11 64.71%
No 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Posted 2010-12-21, 01:18 PM in reply to Snake's post starting "I'm not asking anyone to make the..."
Snake said: [Goto]
I'll quit when I fucking want.
No you won't
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2010-12-21, 01:43 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "k2 is illegal in 3 days."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
k2 is illegal in 3 days.
everywhere?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-12-21, 05:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "everywhere?"
Throughout the US.

"On 24 November 2010, the DEA announced that it would make JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47,497 and cannabicyclohexanol, which are often found in synthetic cannabis, illegal using emergency powers. They will be placed in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, within a month of the announcement, and the ban will last for at least a year."

Takes effect 1 month after Nov 24, which is Dec 24. As far as I've seen, it was only publicized for a few days after Nov 24. They might be attempting to bust people with it without making it obvious that it is illegal.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-12-22, 03:11 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Throughout the US. "On 24 November..."
Even though I don't agree with people smoking K2 given there are more reported issues with it in it's very small tenure when commpared to Ganja, I still think the tactical movements of making it illegal is stupid. I know a large group of people who consume this and still think there's nothing illegal about it, which is why they are doing it to try and stay within the laws. And now this? Damn.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-12-22, 03:46 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Even though I don't agree with people..."
The fucked up thing in my opinion is that the DEA basically has the power to make any substance a Schedule I controlled substance on a whim. It completely bypasses any legislation. I cannot agree with that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-12-22, 04:32 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The fucked up thing in my opinion is..."
It is fucked up. But, the supreme court or the legislative branches of our government could do something about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2010-12-22, 09:37 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "It is fucked up. But, the supreme..."
I believe that all things should be illegal. All men must wear a white mantle with a blue cross from neck to foot, and all women must wear a blue dress with red cross neck to knees. Also, nothing that is not a fruit, vegitable, or meat should be consumed, including dairy. All fors of intoxicant or addicting anything is illegal and worthy of death penalty. All previous illegal activities apply, and are worth death penalty. Also, no football, football is gay.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-12-23, 10:08 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The fucked up thing in my opinion is..."
The fucked up thing in my opinion is that the DEA basically has the power to make any substance a Schedule I controlled substance on a whim. It completely bypasses any legislation. I cannot agree with that.
Right. They could make caffeine illegal and have raids on Starbucks. Police controlled state much? Goddamn we need to take our country back. Maybe we need to unite with the pissed off Tea partiers and give them a shot.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-12-23, 02:05 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I actually want you to smoke, and dip..."
That's cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Snake enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSnake enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Snake

Posted 2010-12-23, 04:42 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Right. They could make caffeine illegal..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Maybe we need to unite with the pissed off Tea partiers and give them a shot.
and lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2010-12-23, 09:14 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Right. They could make caffeine illegal..."
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-12-24, 08:13 AM in reply to khwiii's post starting "It is fucked up. But, the supreme..."
khwiii said: [Goto]
It is fucked up. But, the supreme court or the legislative branches of our government could do something about it.
They could, but they shouldn't really have to. The DEA shouldn't be making laws in the first place. It's akin to if the police made the laws. You don't want the people who are enforcing and profiting off of the laws to be the same people writing the laws. There's a serious conflict of interest there. It is in the DEA's best interest for substances to be controlled because it gives them a purpose and keeps them their jobs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-12-24, 12:17 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They could, but they shouldn't really..."
They could, but they shouldn't really have to. The DEA shouldn't be making laws in the first place. It's akin to if the police made the laws. You don't want the people who are enforcing and profiting off of the laws to be the same people writing the laws. There's a serious conflict of interest there. It is in the DEA's best interest for substances to be controlled because it gives them a purpose and keeps them their jobs.
I never really looked at it like that. That makes a shit-ton of sense.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-12-25, 12:28 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I never really looked at it like that...."
I'm glad my thread has served a purpose. I'm going to try and do that more often.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Snake enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSnake enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Snake

Posted 2010-12-27, 09:51 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "They could, but they shouldn't really..."
Which is basically the entire story of Alcohol prohibition being defeated, and the war on 'Drugs' beginning aka marijuana. They actually gave Ganga a spanish name to make white people more afraid of it, because they knew how to perpetuate stereotypes. Clever!

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-12-27, 12:19 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Right. They could make caffeine illegal..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Right. They could make caffeine illegal and have raids on Starbucks. Police controlled state much?
Except that's a fully retarded anecdote. Sure, you could argue that caffeine is dangerous in high doses, but it's exceedingly high and there's no way except for popping tons of no-doze for it to have any seriously harmful effects. There's no good reason to outlaw caffeine, but Marijuana is ALREADY illegal and this is basically a way to get around it. You may disagree with it being illegal, and that's certainly within your rights. I wouldn't even disagree with you there seeing as alcohol destroys many more lives and it's legal, though it is controlled by what? You guessed it, laws!

Hell there's already another form of synthetic Marijuana, Marinol. It's a schedule drug because of it's nature, and it was developed before this stuff. The difference is that it went through legal channels rather than side-stepping the laws in place for the substance. Again, you may not agree with the laws, and again, bitching about that is certainly within your rights. However don't you think it'd be more effective to quit playing armchair politics and actually consider raising some points to, or becoming one of, the people that could actually make something happen?

TL;DR version: Quit bitching and do something about it. You can't bitch about "Police states" if you're too lazy to actually get off your ass and change something. If it's that bad, DO SOMETHING.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2010-12-27, 06:28 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Except that's a fully retarded..."
I like this guy. Props, man.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Snake

Posted 2010-12-28, 11:26 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Except that's a fully retarded..."
l2read context you fucking 3rd grader. He was saying basically it's stupid they have power to deem anything illegal, and act upon it as the enforcer and I agreed by giving an example.

If you want to get more technical and have me make a point I wasn't even trying to make, Caffeine is more harmful to the human body than THC.

Quote:

Last edited by D3V; 2010-12-28 at 11:29 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2010-12-28, 12:18 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "l2read context you fucking 3rd grader...."
Sure, until you realize that THC is a depressant, much the same as alcohol. Nothing like delayed reaction to make something like operating a car go from simple to dangerous.

Sure, they can make "anything" illegal, but do you have any recorded instances of it being done for something irrational? Aspirin is legal, caffeine is legal, nicotine is legal. Pot isn't, cocaine isn't, heroin isn't, shrooms aren't. Ever stop to think MAYBE there's reason for this?

There's a fine line between reasonable freedom and self-destructive freedom. If you want to be free to walk down a street and not randomly be shot, perhaps there should be a restriction on murder. If you want to prevent people from fucking up your life in the process of fucking up theirs, perhaps put a few limiting factors on things like, oh say, drugs?

I'm not even saying you're wrong, really. I think the laws SHOULD be looked at, revised, or what have you. But sitting on a forum crying every time something you don't like happens is the most ass-backwards way of expressing your distaste at something. Especially when you start to throw around the idea of "unite with the pissed off Tea partiers and give them a shot." REALLY, D3V? You think the best way to change something is to get with a fringe group that's likely going to take things the opposite direction you want?

Look at the recent protests in London over the raised tuition fees. It's not hard to find a group of like-minded people if you get off your ass and try to do something rather than play the "If I was in charge" game.

If you'd LIKE to continue the douche-tastic attempted attacks like that on me though, feel free to start some heat in the flame forum. God knows that place could use some attention and this is the closest thing to an actual argument in years.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2010-12-28, 01:44 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Sure, until you realize that THC is a..."
zzzZzz didn't even read that.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V