Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Best online Virus Scanner?
Posted 2008-07-07, 04:14 PM
In your own opinion(s), which do you consider to be the best web-browser based Anti Virus program available?

Please add a link so I can check them out.

Thanks alot,

Spec
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-07, 04:16 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Best online Virus Scanner?"
Personally, I wouldn't. Rather I'd use a freeware program that you download and install.

What's the problem - virus on the work PC?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-07, 04:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Personally, I wouldn't. Rather I'd use..."
Not mine, a friends. I just tried this Kasper bullshit that I had to install, and BAM blue screen of death.

Any other feasably downloadable programs?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-07, 04:35 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Not mine, a friends. I just tried this..."
AVG.

What's his OS? If it's Vista 64-bit, then it complicates things a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-07, 04:40 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "AVG ("http://free.avg.com/"). ..."
XP, thanks for the help Lenny. +rep
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-07, 04:43 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "XP, thanks for the help Lenny. +rep"
If that BSODs, too, then try running it with the computer in Safe Mode.

Do you know for sure that he's got a virus, by the way? What's the problem he's getting?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-07, 05:28 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Best online Virus Scanner?"
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Always used it, always loved it.

@ Lenny: Online scanners do have some use, though. A lot of viruses will shut down virus programs and such, so it's a good way around that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-07, 05:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ ..."
I used avast on my old computer
It was free and had to be registered only every year
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-07-08, 04:54 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ ..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Always used it, always loved it.

@ Lenny: Online scanners do have some use, though. A lot of viruses will shut down virus programs and such, so it's a good way around that.

Second that. We use Trend Micro for work. In fact, I know several LARGE manufacturing companies that use Trend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-07-08, 10:35 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ ..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]

Run the virus checker in safe mode and you're larfink.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-08, 02:58 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Run the virus checker in safe mode and..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Run the virus checker in safe mode and you're larfink.
Your average user probably doesn't know that. Besides, doing anything in safe mode is a pain in the ass.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-07-08, 03:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Your average user probably doesn't know..."
At least it usually works.

Maybe a bit too well, in some cases. Though one must admit, it makes for some fantastic games of System32 Roulette.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-07-08, 04:10 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "At least it usually works. Maybe a..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Maybe a bit too well, in some cases. Though one must admit, it makes for some fantastic games of System32 Roulette.

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-07-09, 04:09 AM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Hahaha, thanks for the laugh."
AVG FREE is a good product.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frujmwer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrujmwer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frujmwer