Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Posted 2008-06-26, 11:19 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I actually wanted you to reply to this..."
Ah I missed that one.

Anyway, it's hard to go into too much detail, because it is supposed to change regularly. The only thing that's constant (which is something I don't paticularly care for) is that we're supposed to constantly learn. They offer training meetings at the office multiple times a week, and we're generally expected to go to one or more (I don't go to any). They expect us to study for and take certification exams (most notably, the Microsoft ones). They pay for the exams and any study materials within reason provided we pass the tests.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that when clients have a need for a consultant with ______ skills, we're expected to have _______ skills. So the actual work varies depending on the client. Right now, I'm doing user acceptance testing, which is generally rather non-technical. "Does everything on this screen work like it's supposed to?" It gets a little more in depth than that when we have to go into calculations and such, but that's the jist.

In comparison, we've got a number of teams at a number of companies working with rather state of the art software. One that comes to mind is Biztalk. A lot of companies are starting to see the benefits of it, and it's rather intricate and difficult to implement and use correctly.

Then there's some people at the company that only do project management. So that will cover resource management, scheduling, planning, etc. Some people cover process improvement. Basically, we have a system set up where each consultant picks two areas they want to "specialize" in, and involvement stems from there.

Speaking of, we've got offices all over the country and the world. I can refer you if you're interested/(will) have a degree. Let me know if you want to check the company out.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-06-26, 11:32 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Ah I missed that one. Anyway, it's..."
Well, if you and Zelaron are still around in 4 years when I get my degree, I'll be sure to contact you lol. I really just want to go into an IT-related field. I feel like I've gained some knowledge about specific subjects since I've been employed at my current job. I've learned at least 5 different pieces of software and am fluent in each of them. I'm trying to get into the IT department here at this law firm before I enroll in school this fall. We'll see how it goes, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-26, 12:17 PM in reply to khwiii's post starting "What'd you do, spam everyone on you AIM..."
I am back. Hello.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Endurack is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Endurack

Posted 2008-06-26, 12:29 PM in reply to Endurack's post starting "I am back. Hello."
Hello everyone. Nice to see you all!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2008-06-26, 12:51 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Hello everyone. Nice to see you all!"
Damn a lot of people are coming back! Now stay and post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-26, 01:52 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Damn a lot of people are coming back!..."
Ok.. This is strange and fishy to me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-26, 08:42 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "I remember you. Of course this forum..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
I remember you. Of course this forum still exists.. where you been?
I've been in the military.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2008-06-27, 01:31 AM in reply to badboy's post starting "I've been in the military."
What branch and have you been to the Middle East?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:04 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What branch and have you been to the..."
Quick synopsis of my life since I started Zelaron way back when:

Graduated college with BS in Electrical Engineering (Control Systems)
Received my MS in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems)
Have been working full time for 3.5 years (Utility Contractor now)
Moved to Florida for 2 years for work (Orlando 1 year, then Miami 1 year)
Work in PA now
Recently engaged to my bitch of 2.5 years
Bought a house
Bought a 2007 Infiniti G35
Recently bought a puppy - Red Miniature Pinscher named Talon

Now I'm just working, planning wedding bullshit, still drinking very heavily, and playing Guitar Hero a lot (I'm pretty fucking good now).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:07 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Quick synopsis of my life since I..."
Titusfied said: [Goto]
still drinking very heavily, and playing Guitar Hero a lot
We would get along in real life. Although I've found out drinking then playing Guitar Hero causes multiple outbursts and drunken rants from me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:10 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "We would get along in real life...."
Well, as you can imagine with all the shit I listed, that money is a little tight now. Now, I have a kegerator in my basement, an 8' x 7' wrap around bar, and a fridge recessed in the wall full of mixers and beer, and the bar is STOCKED with hard liquor. I pretty much live in the basement, drink all night and play GH3, so if that floats your boat, then yes, we'd get along IRL.

Oh, and Guitar Hero Aerosmith comes out Sunday.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2008-06-27, 08:16 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Well, as you can imagine with all the..."
Well, as you can imagine with all the shit I listed, that money is a little tight now. Now, I have a kegerator in my basement, an 8' x 7' wrap around bar, and a fridge recessed in the wall full of mixers and beer, and the bar is STOCKED with hard liquor. I pretty much live in the basement, drink all night and play GH3, so if that floats your boat, then yes, we'd get along IRL.
You are a god.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2008-06-27, 11:31 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "What branch and have you been to the..."
Willkillforfood said: [Goto]
What branch and have you been to the Middle East?
I'm a Navy Corpsman, stuck in a hospital at a Marine Corp base in California. And no.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy

Posted 2008-06-29, 01:55 AM in reply to Endurack's post starting "I am back. Hello."
I'm back. I remember most of you, but do you remember me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2008-06-29, 02:55 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Quick synopsis of my life since I..."
Quick synopsis of my life since I started Zelaron way back when:

Graduated college with BS in Electrical Engineering (Control Systems)
Received my MS in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems)
Have been working full time for 3.5 years (Utility Contractor now)
Moved to Florida for 2 years for work (Orlando 1 year, then Miami 1 year)
Work in PA now
Recently engaged to my bitch of 2.5 years
Bought a house
Bought a 2007 Infiniti G35
Recently bought a puppy - Red Miniature Pinscher named Talon

Now I'm just working, planning wedding bullshit, still drinking very heavily, and playing Guitar Hero a lot (I'm pretty fucking good now).
If said Infiniti G35 is not a 6MT Coupe, then you fail...

...carry on.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJiN-RaiDeN is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JiN-RaiDeN

Posted 2008-06-29, 08:46 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "I'm back. I remember most of you, but..."
Totally remember you. You were an elite D2 PVPer. What do I win?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
khwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzkhwiii enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

khwiii

Posted 2008-06-29, 11:42 AM in reply to blckshdwdragon's post starting "I'm back. I remember most of you, but..."
blckshdwdragon said: [Goto]
I'm back. I remember most of you, but do you remember me?
Didn't you have some sort of family problems and you neglected them to play D2? I dunno, could be confusing you with someone else.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-29, 05:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Didn't you have some sort of family..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Didn't you have some sort of family problems and you neglected them to play D2? I dunno, could be confusing you with someone else.
No, that wasn't me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy

Posted 2008-06-29, 08:55 PM in reply to badboy's post starting "No, that wasn't me."
I wasn't talking about or to you. That's why I quoted blckshdwdragon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-06-29, 09:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I wasn't talking about or to you. ..."
Oh, my mistake.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

badboy